Game needs more to do: suggestions

I think the game is in desperate need of more to actually do; much more opportunity to use the characters we put so much time and money in to.

In a typical day, Galactic War takes about 15-20 minutes. 5 arena battles at 5 minutes each, and everything else is simmed excluding ship arena, which thankfully we can now speed up!

I think the answer to this is persistent tournaments.

Now I know previous tournaments didn't turn out as hoped, but in my view a big reason to this is that they were TOO intense and the rewards were TOO great.

Of course when the rewards were game changing exclusive characters and players had to sink in so much intense efforts, it really caused a lot of irritation to miss out by a handful of places at the last moment.

I'd suggest something much more relaxed, spread over a greater time with smaller rewards and using an energy system much like those already in the game, with much bigger servers (ideally the entire player base).

A tournament every week, using energy to enter, where the rewards are based on your percentage finishing category, e.g. top 1%, 5% and so on.

Rewards could be modest compared to previous tournaments, paying out something similar to a heroic tank raid.

It probably takes the devs far more effort to develop new events and even new levels etc and in reality we gobble this up in minutes then it's consigned to the dust bin.

Something like these weekly tournaments wouldn't require them to develop any new content, or give much away as rewards, but it would give players a lot more to do.

Replies

• Weekly tournaments sound cool, only if they aren't as unfair as the previous ones. I think there also needs to be a practice mode
  • Practice Mode. Also, they can add in some kind of Ship Hard Mode
  • No, unless no cheating
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Practice Mode. Also, they can add in some kind of Ship Hard Mode

Yes please.. let me practice squads and give us a galactic map with nodes for ship battles like for toons.

Also a offline metagame would be nice where you can be like a Jedi Council/Sith Lord/Rebellion/Bounty Hunter Agency or whatever and send your unused toons on missions for X hours to do stuff and the better the toons you picked, the better the chance for a mission success.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    How about a weekly guild tourny. I would set it up as each guild member plays 50 members of other guild and get 1 points for each win for max of 50 points per player in guild. Run this from Tuesday-Thursday and then whatever guild has most points at the end wins. Create a new leader board for this or just change the raid one to guild tourny instead.
  • more to do? no, this is a game to kill some time, not all of it
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    more? i find there is plenty to do myself. in fact i don't do all there is now.

i do think a sandbox mode would be nice to just battle without rewards. that would give those who want to a chance to test diff combinations of toons.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    That's why practice mode works well, it's there only if you need to waste more time but doesn't matter if you do it
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    They will not add a training mode. Only way to test now is in arena and to refresh battles so people are paying for this privilege currently. Whales do this and I'm sure that they figure getting money from that is greater than 98% of userbase being happy having a training mode. It's little things like this that add up for me which keeps me f2p.
  • Spkoli
    43 posts Member
    There was a podcast back in Nov. where they said they were looking into sandbox mode for practicing stuff.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Dueling, we need to be able to call out other players. Start some rivalries. Guild against guild. Trouble is, I don't think realtime battles are possible here?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Agree, we put so much time effort money etc into these heroes and there's nothing to do with them. This is a big reason I don't spend a lot of real money on this game.

Spent 9.99 USD for KOTOR on iPad recently to find out what the big deal is all about... nice not having in game costs or needing wifi.

Yeah, comparing apples to oranges but it's pure win and a breath of fresh air over constantly spending $10 USD on 50 stun cuffs/never ending dangling carrots and the likes with nothing else to do other than staring at your hero roster and contemplating your next farming headache.

tumblr_nweanf4Njd1s2zwu1o1_500.gif

• I like idea of sending chars tp off map missions for some rewards, themed each weak for different grozps.
  • I keep saying this for months.... I do not think that practice Mode is a Solution, we Need a Hard mode for galactic wars, new tournaments, a new raid and/ or replacement for rancor, content for ships and some "ladder" endless mode.

High level players have simply nothing left to do.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    i'd like to fight against friends from the friend list or guild members, not necessarily in a competitive way like arena, maybe some tries per day

+1 to send toons to do missions, specially if the rewards are raid gear :#
    there wa someone who said something like to do x battle from y mission or get a piece of salvage n times, that would be cool too
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Guild vs guild sounds good. personally though I don't want much more to do. As an f2p, it's hard progressing as it is. I wouldn't mind more ship missions though
  • I can assure you that whatever they add wont do anything for f2p players.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    SikrouDeco wrote: »
    Dueling, we need to be able to call out other players. Start some rivalries. Guild against guild. Trouble is, I don't think realtime battles are possible here?

Not a fan of guild vs guild idea. Forum would need to provide barf bags for all those posts, if that happened.......Lol

'ouTdan r
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    I think the game is in desperate need of more to actually do; much more opportunity to use the characters we put so much time and money in to.

In a typical day, Galactic War takes about 15-20 minutes. 5 arena battles at 5 minutes each, and everything else is simmed excluding ship arena, which thankfully we can now speed up!

You forgot about ships and raids. Anyway you sound like you complaining about putting time and money into characters in a game that you already knew there was not much to do.
  • volitan
    59 posts Member
    I agree there needs to be more to do. Even if it doesn't have rewards, something for you to challenge your toons with would be great. I really enjoyed the last places of power battles. They were fun and challenging. A few things like that to do if you want, but that aren't required to progress would be a fun thing to have.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Another raid or two would be sweet. We
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    How about player versus player battles... in real time.
    I think a lot of other games do this already. How many millions of dollars would it take to develop this?

Force arena has it...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Another tier of difficulty for Rancor, one where he is immune to turn meter reduction.

A ship raid

Some form of guild battles to add a little more competition would be good, although they would need to be careful to keep it balanced, and I could foresee it breaking up guilds.

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I think guild vs guild battles would be fun. Set up like **** guild battles. The guild can set the battles to be anywhere between 5 vs 5 to 50 vs 50. Each player would have a rank deemed by their overall power level, maybe founded by averaging their highest 20 characters power levels. This would be their placement in the map like in ****. Each player in the guild gets to attack 1 or 2 enemies and earn 1,2 or 3 stars depending on how well they do. Guild at the end with most stars wins. :)

Wow the sensors are horrible. **** is clash of clans. Lol