Maul or Vader?

I have 18 zeta mats and I'm a couple days away from 20. I need to know who is the best to invest in. I know Vader is good in the rancor but I already have a max Han Solo so I am not posting high in that raid so that other members of our guild can get him. Is Vader good in the AAT? I am not really competitive in the Arena so that is not as much of a factor.

Replies

• I was told that Maul for Arena and Vader for raids.
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    No Vader is not good in AAT. He USED To be good, but now he is just decent. If you aren't really competitive in arena, then I can't really say which one to do. Neither helps much in Raids (except Zader in rancor as you said). Zaul is the best arena option
  • fasterthanyous
    246 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    zVader is great in Arena, Rancor, and AAT. You can solo the Rancor with him. I get 2 million+ in AAT P2 with him. He is also the leader of my arena team that takes 1st place and can beat any team on my shard. I would say Vader all the way for your 1st zeta.

No matter who you pick, think long term strategy. Most teams need 2 zeta to be good. Vader needs Sidious. Their zetas go hand in hand. QGJ needs yoda. Their zeta are also a perfect compliment. My 2 million AAT P2 team is Zader, Zidious, Zariss, Boba, and Phasma. 3 zeta working together for best results. Think long term with your zeta purchases.

EDIT: Top Arena Team: Zader, Zidious, Boba, B2, GK
    EDIT: Rancor Solo: Zader. Zidious, EP, TFP, Rex
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • zVader is great in Arena, Rancor, and AAT. You can solo the Rancor with him. I get 2 million+ in AAT P2 with him. He is also the leader of my arena team that takes 1st place and can beat any team on my shard. I would say Vader all the way for your 1st zeta.

No matter who you pick, think long term strategy. Most teams need 2 zeta to be good. Vader needs Sidious. Their zetas go hand in hand. QGJ needs yoda. Their zeta are also a perfect compliment. My 2 million AAT P2 team is Zader, Zidious, Zariss, Boba, and Phasma. 3 zeta working together for best results. Think long term with your zeta purchases.

Thanks for this!
  • zVader is great in Arena, Rancor, and AAT. You can solo the Rancor with him. I get 2 million+ in AAT P2 with him. He is also the leader of my arena team that takes 1st place and can beat any team on my shard. I would say Vader all the way for your 1st zeta.

Thank you. Do you just use Rex as a cleanser. The only clone I have is fives
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Vader can perform in arena and is definitely just fine in the tank raid....Seen plenty of these videos floating around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUvDpMsz6E

Maul might arguably be a bit stronger overall in arena if that's your only goal, but he has like zero application in the heroic tank raid. Vader is a 2 birds with one stone kind of zeta!
  • SumiXam
    68 posts Member
    Agree that Vader is the better all around choice. Maul can be amazing in arena, but requires more mod investment, specifically speed, to really shine.
  • 7 mauls in my top 10 and zero vaders, but there are 3 Vaders in the 10-20 rank.
  • I just put zaul lead in arena, sitting at 11 now, which was about a 20-30 rank jump for me. He's done absolutely nothing in raids for me though. Long term, I'm thinking running a sith team all with zetas. Maul (L), Nihilus (only unique zeta), Dooku, Sidious, and Kylo (I know not a sith, but being the only one without stealth means he's basically a pretaunter, then if he survives long enough, he'll get the protection back. I'm hoping he's tanky enough to do it.)
  • OVERSHOT wrote: »
    7 mauls in my top 10 and zero vaders, but there are 3 Vaders in the 10-20 rank.

I would think by now people would understand that each shard has its own environment. That aside, I've only found 2 Maul squads on my shard that I can't beat soundly with my Vader squad.
  • Zaul sith arena teams are cancerous.

Once everyone catches up your top 50 will all be zaul.

Maybe one or two zeta Jedi squads, but they need 3 zetas and a HAAT Kenobi to be any good.

Star wars galaxy of zaul

• Zaul if you have G10+ sith.

Zader if not.
  • Zader does pretty well in arena as well if you've put work into an empire/ sith team. I take rank 1 with Zader on a very competitive shard. I'd say Zader has more use since he's great for rancor, but prob just depends on the team you want to use and how developed your toons are... best of luck
  • Vader is your safest bet as he is the safest zeta, because he's very versatile. He's good in the arena(although people say he isn't) with debuff teams and toons like boba. For the raids he's very good also:- Rancor raid- Exceptional
    AAT - Meh

Maul is definitely your best choice for arena by far