How Raid Ties Should Be Sorted

A problem arousing in guilds, especially strong ones, is solo'ing the Rancor only to find player ID sorts out the scores (also happens with 0's).

Now for 0's and other tied damage, I think it should be random.

For full solo's, I think it should be who did the most overkill damage.

This way players won't have to suffer lower rewards for joining the game as little as a day later.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Krokovich
    292 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A problem arousing in guild(...)
    Thoughts?

My guild is especially aroused. Stingers aplenty.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Many guilds already came up with a solution. Use the first 24 hours as a "champion phase" where you can send in one character only to do as much damage as possible. After that open the raid up like normal. There are no more ties.

I'd rather CG spend their resources on other things that don't have a simple player fix.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ive never solo'd a raid so idk, but if two people solo it, does both of their damage register? Will both people be listed with ~10 million damage?
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ive never solo'd a raid so idk, but if two people solo it, does both of their damage register? Will both people be listed with ~10 million damage?

Yes
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Many guilds already came up with a solution. Use the first 24 hours as a "champion phase" where you can send in one character only to do as much damage as possible. After that open the raid up like normal. There are no more ties.

I'd rather CG spend their resources on other things that don't have a simple player fix.

That messes up TM and can still have players tie when FFA opens up.
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yes.
  • Options
    A problem arousing in guilds, especially strong ones, is solo'ing the Rancor only to find player ID sorts out the scores (also happens with 0's).

This way players won't have to suffer lower rewards for joining the game as little as a day later.

Thoughts?

I like the overkill idea...who has stacked the most dots and gets the highest finishing blow with culling blade :D
  • Options

Thoughts?

I like the overkill idea...who has stacked the most dots and gets the highest finishing blow with culling blade :D

Lol, I just think it's better than what we have now.

And to add to the original post:

If overkill damage is tied, then it becomes random on who takes the higher rank.
  • Options
    Lowest overkill, to reward greater efficiency?
  • LAO
    7 posts Member
    Options
    I think its urgent that EA come up with some idea to sort players on some random basis (instead of a fixed position)
  • Options
    Only one real way to settle this... whoever has the highest rated CUP/mob/ugnaught team gets first place
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'd settle for just totally random when scores are tied. (0 scores and full solo's)
    Not ideal, but goed enough for me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i'd settle for just totally random when scores are tied. (0 scores and full solo's)

Considering everything else RNG related, I don't see why this should be left out.
  • Options
    Should be whomever post first gets the top spot
  • Options
    Exactly. Full solo "buys you a ticket" to lottery, which sorts the ranks. Better than current sorting by player id...
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

First world problems my friend. I tend to agree with the quoted poster, I would rather they work on actual issues other than to resolve an issue where a lower tier raid is too easy.

QoL fix if they have some time, sure... but otherwise fix/improve other things.

If you have a problem with so many solo's why do you care about TM messing up?

If you still have problems with TIEs after sending in one person to attack, I don't know what to say? "What if pigs fly out of my butt?" would be likely.

• Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't mess up TM. If you are going to solo you don't have to send a champion. And even if you send a champion if you have a team that can solo the whole raid you shouldn't need to worry about a little TM disadvantage.
    The way it settles ties is you can start your solo earlier, before some send in their champions, vs waiting until later. You do less if more people have sent their champions.

Having been doing this for a few weeks we've only had one instance of full soloes being tied.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Personally I think it should be who finishes the fastest if not, leave it to RNG. Everything else in this game is left up to it.
  • Options
    Only one real way to settle this... whoever has the highest rated CUP/mob/ugnaught team gets first place

you forgot lobot
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Krokovich wrote: »
    A problem arousing in guild(...)
    Thoughts?

My guild is especially aroused. Stingers aplenty.

yes yes we are...
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Deleted. Pointless.
  • Options

Thoughts?

Arousing? You don't have to be dead to be stiff.

Our guild is having to resort to using their Lumi to hit the Captain once in the registration phase so as to create a point of difference and make rankings random for soloists and zeroers.

There's a roster for soloists who rotate the top three rankings to share it about. These three guys get to use Rey's Leverage once on the Captain during registration so they finish above the Lumis.

• 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @BentWookiee please close
This discussion has been closed.