Two leader abilities

Unique: at the beginning of each encounter select an ally, that characters leader ability is effective for the rest of the encounter.

Would it break the game or just be awesome! Maybe limit it to a specific faction?

Replies

• Probably OP. Imagine Zader and Zaul active together. Or Rex and Zody. Or ZQGJ and Anakin.

I'm sure there are scarier options than that too.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Probably OP. Imagine Zader and Zaul active together. Or Rex and Zody. Or ZQGJ and Anakin.

Zaul and Old Ben with the rest of the team being sith.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    That would be hilarious to experiment with... Cody and Rex, GK and Barriss, Zaul and Nihilus, Palpatine and Zader, HK47 and IG88, Boba and Lando, Lando and Wedge, zQGJ and Ani... so many possibilities

I don't think it would be that much fun to face though... Jedi with +50% health, 70% defense and heal every tuns, Sith that have 150%+ health steal, don't crit and dodge like crazy, droids that permanently crit and inflict dots...

No thank you xD
  • Maybe if it was a random ally it would be a little more balanced. With the possibility of choosing an ally with no leader ability in which case rip.
  • Probably OP. Imagine Zader and Zaul active together. Or Rex and Zody. Or ZQGJ and Anakin.

Lol that one would be fun.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member

Wow :P definitely couldn't leave Maul for last... 60% evasion with 40% TM per evade, just throw your phone out the window already
  • KeKattia wrote: »

Wow :P definitely couldn't leave Maul for last... 60% evasion with 40% TM per evade, just throw your phone out the window already

And you're probably forced to kill ben.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    And you're probably forced to kill ben.

Didn't think of that but true xD some more evasion then lol
  • Darkness
    238 posts Member
    Teebo + nute gunray :wink:
  • Darkness wrote: »

Thought about that one too. Might not be great. But would be fun.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Greedo and Boba for a scoundrel squad... +100% crit damage :#
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Should've been part of Yoad's toolkit. Or c3po - especially if he has ewok synergy ;)
  • Darkness
    238 posts Member
    Darkness wrote: »

Fun is what it's all about. Have to try it out on cantina or something if you can get a ally to work with you.
  • Darkness wrote: »
    Darkness wrote: »

Fun is what it's all about. Have to try it out on cantina or something if you can get a ally to work with you.

Teebo lead wouldn't be hard to find, but you will probably have to work on Nute yourself!
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Yoda and Aayla could be really fun against Grevious in AAT
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ok so definitely break the game, those combos are scary....but what if we tempered it in one of 3 ways.

1) faction limited: right now I think this would be a fun ability for an upcoming general Organa to have and be limited to the resistance, that would be limiting it to whatever General Organa's leader ability is, Finn, and Poe. Not too bad

2) make it a zeta add on to a leader ability instead of a unique: this would mean that one of the abilities would have to be the character with the ability (does that make sense?) but the 2nd could be any.

3) add some clause that says if either of the two leaders die the whole squad dies.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ok so definitely break the game, those combos are scary....but what if we tempered it in one of 3 ways.

1) faction limited: right now I think this would be a fun ability for an upcoming general Organa to have and be limited to the resistance, that would be limiting it to whatever General Organa's leader ability is, Finn, and Poe. Not too bad

2) make it a zeta add on to a leader ability instead of a unique: this would mean that one of the abilities would have to be the character with the ability (does that make sense?) but the 2nd could be any.

3) add some clause that says if either of the two leaders die the whole squad dies.

3) would just be silly. Lose a battle because 1 toon dies.

A simple solution so the most dangerous one, zaul OB (IMO) would be don't let them stack. Only add the higher of the 2.

Zaul/OB would be pointless, since you would only get 1 tm bonus for the same dodge.

Zaul/dooku would be a good one but all it would add is offence up to the stealth.

Not sure if this solution would help the clone situation I'm not up on all the leader abilities
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Obi_six_Kenobi

Any ideas on what you want the ai to do, would it go with your last selection or be fixed to always pick the same one.

You sound like your trying to make it flexible by adding at the beginning of each encounter.

Thoughts?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

I found a good idea from chirpa zeta...
    (Zirpa, Zader,)L, EP, Royal Guard, Fac

P3 solo...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Obi_six_Kenobi

Any ideas on what you want the ai to do, would it go with your last selection or be fixed to always pick the same one.

You sound like your trying to make it flexible by adding at the beginning of each encounter.

Thoughts?

I hadn't really thought about the AI, but you make a good point. I suppose just going with your last selection would work

Post edited by Obi_six_Kenobi on