Nihilus increases cooldowns through tenacity up

There's nothing in the description of that ability that says the effect can't be resisted, but apparently you can't resist it. I'd always assumed it would work like any other negative status effect. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Probably WAI. Just more power creep.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Probably WAI. Just more power creep.

• Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Increasing cooldown is a stat manipulation that is not associated with buffs or debuffs. As such there is no resistance check for it.

Edit: they could change it to be like tm reduction though.
  • Options
    It's not a debuff though, it's an effect, no red boxes means it's not resistable, remember, they had to add TM reduction being resistable too.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    It's not based on potency so why should tenacity affect it. It's one of those things that's guaranteed to happen on a debuffed enemy like tenacity down on crit with tfp and dengar.
  • Options
    It's not a debuff though, it's an effect, no red boxes means it's not resistable, remember, they had to add TM reduction being resistable too.

But turn meter reduction can and does get resisted all the time. When it can't, they specify that it can't be resisted, like in Vader's zeta lead
  • SlabRankle
    285 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It is very buggy then. I hunt Nihilus teams in the area the cooldown increase doesn't always hit. The first fight none of my characters were affected so I figured if your abilities were off cooldown it did squat (which I am now aware is false). I'm not running evasion either, Fett is my leader for big crits.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

But turn meter reduction can and does get resisted all the time. When it can't, they specify that it can't be resisted, like in Vader's zeta lead

There was a time when this wasn't the case, many moons ago, during the dark times
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    SlabRankle wrote: »
    It is very buggy then. I hunt Nihilus teams in the area the cooldown increase doesn't always hit. The first fight none of my characters were affected so I figured if your abilities were off cooldown it did squat (which I am now aware is false). I'm not running evasion either, Fett is my leader for big crits.

It's only 50% chance if the enemy isn't debuffed. If they are it's 100% chance.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but what he meant is that at the start of the game there was not potency/tenacity check for TM being reduced, it just happened as long as the attack landed. Which is what this does now, and it didn't make a difference for DT's grenade because it included a Dispel to start so either the whole thing was evaded (and thus the cooldown increase was evaded) or it lands. But it would only increase cooldowns of non-buffed enemies which means they couldn't have tenacity up to begin with.

Personally I like the way it works, if you can get negative effects on your enemies quickly it'll work, but if they're cleansed or your team is too slow to get going before tenacity up it won't be as effective. It depends more on the team around him than just Nihilus himself, which adds a strategy to the team composition rather than just tossing in B2 to dispel everything after the fact and loading Nihilus up with Potency mods.
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    SlabRankle wrote: »

It's only 50% chance if the enemy isn't debuffed. If they are it's 100% chance.

Good to know thanks!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely unfair.

I ran Ewoks in arena when they made TMR resistable. Now I am like ____?!??????!!?!??!!?!!?

:angry:
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.