Now that 4x speed can't stall-lock Arena positions (Windu capitalship), which capital ship is best?

Windu was considered a great capital ship investment because it could stall the battle to the point of timer expiration, making it better to conserve Arena positions due to exploiting timeouts.

Now that we can speed up battles, that is no longer the case.

Is Windu capital ship still competent on its own, or the other capital ships outshine it? Is any of the 3 capital ships "clearly better" than the other 2, or it depends a lot on faction synergy?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I feel it's based more on the toons and ships you have then the capital ship.

But the fact that many people run AA capital ship, might counter that statement.

I have always loved maces ship on paper and that is why I did it. I have a good setup with republic ships, and I can win battles when I need to.
  • Windu was considered a great capital ship investment because it could stall the battle to the point of timer expiration, making it better to conserve Arena positions due to exploiting timeouts.

Now that we can speed up battles, that is no longer the case.

Is Windu capital ship still competent on its own, or the other capital ships outshine it? Is any of the 3 capital ships "clearly better" than the other 2, or it depends a lot on faction synergy?

Synergy, but not faction synergy.
    I run windu for aoe crush and not for dmg immunity
  • I've run Mace since the beginning, but not because of the stall on defense. You get target lock! You get target lock! Everyone gets target lock! BOOM!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Endurance is still the best. Target lock on basic, placing taunts, moving crazy fast. I'm at ye very top of fleet arena and still think Endurance teams are the trickiest to deal with. I imagine the wise use of Home One is because most already have Ackbar and Wiggs which is a good rebel fleet start and haven't been motivated to work on Mace and the pilots that go well with him like Plo and Clone Sarge, especially since there isn't much variance in fleet rewards.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Mace is pretty great on its own without the stalling

Faster ship battles doesn't negate how great his fleet is
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Endurance with a souped up Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced are a pretty solid combo IMO
  • Ackbar is the best - no question! But only in the set up that makes him the best. I never really take my time to tinker about Tarkin as i neither have him as high nor there are any in my shard so i will keep an open mind. But Ackbar with the right fleet is destroying Mace. Hands down. Even by 17k+ power differnce. There was period of time where in my fleet arena there were 3 Maces and me in top 4 and i have to say before i get the right fleet it was super difficult to cope with them. But once all pieces are in place.... auto wins in less than 2 mins.
  • And what's the right fleet for Ackbar please? I'd love to have an advice...
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I run the Endurance. Use all 3 clone ships, Ahsoka and Plo. Reinforcements r Maul, then Boba, then FOTP. I never fall below 10th...I share a fleet shard w/ Order 66, TI and Skunk. Mace is my boy.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    An ahsoka and fives under home one capital eats mace fleets up if you have decent target lockers
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    I like Ackbar. The buffs and health are indispensable, and his big AoE hits pretty hard.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Endurance is still the best. Target lock on basic, placing taunts, moving crazy fast. I'm at ye very top of fleet arena and still think Endurance teams are the trickiest to deal with. I imagine the wise use of Home One is because most already have Ackbar and Wiggs which is a good rebel fleet start and haven't been motivated to work on Mace and the pilots that go well with him like Plo and Clone Sarge, especially since there isn't much variance in fleet rewards.

Probably this. I know that's mostly applicable to me. I really can't be bothered to farm Plo, let alone all of the ship shards. My AA can take me to 2nd or 3rd (and nobody in my shard can take away 1st from the kraken sitting there, nor would my switching to Mace help with that), but anywhere in the top 20 is generally fine. My top 20 has some Mace, some Tarkin and a whole load of AA fleets. They all seem pretty much set, and the only thing I can think of doing to really improve my own fleet is to finish farming Maul and get Scimitar up to a decent level. Fleet meta is incredibly boring, which suits me fine as I collect ~1.5k fleet credits a day.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Zenowan wrote: »
    And what's the right fleet for Ackbar please? I'd love to have an advice...

Any assisting or out of turn attacking... GeoSolder, JC, Scimitar/Maul...

I use Biggs, Rex, Boba, Ashoka, Scimitar to start with (scimitar has to be close to max otherwise set it first reinforcement).

With this setup there are 3 potential Target Lockers... each TL will give Biggs protection (35%) + taunt. This alone is awesome, so load you your team with TL capable ships.

Use scimitar's special to stealth everyone except for Biggs, and gives Biggs protection up (50%) AND retribution as well. So now each time he gets attacked he hits back with chance to TL to get 35% protection heal and refresh his Taunt. Ackbar gives him 40% critical damage and protection up since he is attacking out of turn.

Granted this setup would work with Mace as well but Ackbar helps to keep biggs alive a little longer... more to focus on the AOE attack that damages all TL.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Mace is still really useful. I'd like to start with Rex, Ahsoka, CS, Fives, and Plo Koon, wi the backup order of JC, Biggs, GS, BF.

Mace is giving more offense to Republic ships than others which the first six benefit from. Having a full republic team including capital ship means Rex can give protection and tm every turn. It means Everybody gets a tenacity buff that causes spontaneous protection growth on everybody whenever a buff is resisted. Having a target locker in clone sergeant, Rex, and Fives means lots of extra effects, and aoe spam from endurance. Fives and Ahsoka both have buff wipes. Jedi Consular when he comes in on backup regenerates 90% protection for republic allies. The rotating taunt buffs from Mace and Plo Koon make it impossible to have a steady target. Plus Plo Koon gives extra buffs to everybody and tm, which speeds Mace's ship right into it's first turn.

Full Republic crew is sick... But so is Biggs under AA.

I have all 6 Republic ships in my fleet. Consistently place top ten, but I am pretty sure I am the only person in the top 10 NOT running Biggs's ship.