Gated gear and useless benchwarming characters.

pac0naut
3236 posts Member
To the powers that be,

I do appreciate you bumping up challenge rewards and the overall QOL update. That was fantastic. However, I don't understand the gate / drop rates over things like Stun Cuffs / ComLinks / Detonators and everything we need 50 of (ESPECIALLY Cuffs). We are already gated by some AAT gear that are A: Non farmable and B: Non requestable like Bacta Gel / HoloLens / Etc. I do understand that some of these are available in guild shop and fleet shop but the exchange rate is horrid (also, why were the 40 / 50 salvages taken out of guild shipments and replaced with 2?) Which brings me to my next point:

Why are we not allowed to deconstruct characters we put gear on that are now on the bench? For example, I spent a lot of time gearing Barriss. In fact, I brought her to max gear literally an HOUR before her Zeta was reworked and Zetas on her were given back. I literally maxed her out on gear and had one or two more Zeta mats to go before the fix came. I wasn't upset about her Zeta not being AS powerful as it was since it was not working as intended, but I was a little miffed about all the crystals I spent on her gear only to be all for naught.

I'm sure a lot of us have a lot of gear VIII, IX and X characters riding the pine right now with the Zetas coming out. Why not give the option to strip gear and reassign to someone else? That would negate a lot of the "man, I wish I didn't bring a non-pilot benchwarmer like Ugnaught to XI when he's not even that good in the raid....and why do Jawas kind of suck?" laments from us. I'm not sure how this would be implemented or if it could, but it would be nice.

BTW, for the record, I do understand the drawbacks for you on the business side of things, but I think we could all figure out something.

And for heaven's sake, can we PLEASE get a slider in Arena and Fleet? Having to bang refresh over and over is zero fun.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Because $
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Yogi wrote: »
    Because $

Oh, like I said, I already know that. We all know how this works.
  • Because they cant make money off our desperation to gear characters as quickly as possible. This increases the likelihood of us using crystals for completed gear or energy refills. Also, you forgot MK3 Carbantis which most characters tha are relevant need 100-200 and some that much for one level (see General Kenobi and Kylo). The gear rate drop is the #1 reason why I contemplate every day why I waste as much time as I do with this game in light of the most recent price points for characters. It wasn't that long ago where a 7 star Kylo came in a pack for $100, now you can't even level a character to 5 for less than $150-200.
  • I agree. I wish i could swap gear on and off of specific characters. I hate it that once allocated, that's the end of it.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Carbantis are available in challenges. That's why I didn't mention them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Yogi wrote: »
    Because $

Oh, like I said, I already know that. We all know how this works.

It's not just about the $. This would also negate the meta shift, instead of it taking weeks, it would be hours with the new way of rolling out toons....

The slow roll of the meta is what keeps things moving forward and not getting stale.

This would basically void the grind, I would bet that with this in place today I wouldn't need any more gear at all. I could move everything I have around and just not worry about anything.

The long term strategy of farming the who and the gear, is the game.
  • Star Wars Galaxy of Frustrations.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Carbantis are available in challenges. That's why I didn't mention them.

Still isn't enough in my opinion for the amount needed on toons when they need 2-3 per level and the sheer volume of toons that need them in general.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Ok cool. *I* thought it was a good idea.

Basically it was just a long infomercial for "Please put a slider in arena" then.
  • The reason why I don't like the idea of removing gear is that it will be abused. I could just constantly switch out my gear from one team to the next without ever having to get more
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    They won't be satisfied until the only way to get higher level gear is dropping real cash on it.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    You know why it's really there? It's present to keep players occupied and feel like they are advancing towards something. if everyone had great drop rates and geared all their toons up quick, the game would become boring very quickly. They need a long string of rewards to be able to keep bringing new content. They probably time how long it will take for everyone to reach Gear 11 and plan to release new content when they think enough people have reached the zenith of the game.
  • I'd love to strip off gear from toons. As I said before, they shouldn't change the drop rate but instead make it 25 salvages to craft instead of 50 for such gear.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I am okay with the idea provided it costs crystals. 1500 to unequip all of a character's gear. 2500 to unequip all of their abilities or 3500 for a combination sounds about right. Makes it so you CAN strip down your bench warmers and transfer, but it will take work or money to do so.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I am okay with the idea provided it costs crystals. 1500 to unequip all of a character's gear. 2500 to unequip all of their abilities or 3500 for a combination sounds about right. Makes it so you CAN strip down your bench warmers and transfer, but it will take work or money to do so.

NO^^^
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member

They make $ and players r happy as well. Great idea !

+1
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017

NO^^^

Well then I am completely against the idea being implemented. I would be okay with a higher cost, but not a lower one. I say this having spent way too much money on this game and wish I could take back some of the characters I have geared as well yet am no longer able to spend money on this game. Without the balance of it costing crystals, it would ruin all the challenge of the game.

The way I set it up, you basically get enough gear to max out a toon for the cost of one 50 salvage piece. You get enough mats to max their abilities for roughly the cost of one piece of the even higher end gear. Now you have the stuff already, but look at how much they make if you have to buy all that gear again... Better for them. Better for you. Keeps balance by making you sacrifice more than you are gaining.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

NO^^^

Well then I am completely against the idea being implemented. I would be okay with a higher cost, but not a lower one. I say this having spent way too much money on this game and wish I could take back some of the characters I have geared as well yet am no longer able to spend money on this game. Without the balance of it costing crystals, it would ruin all the challenge of the game.

That would ruin the point of this thread. That's more whale service if anything.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member

This is a reasonable idea, but it won't be implanted: a single cuffs cost 1400 crystals, they would lose too much money.

On the other hand, they could make it free but one per week.