Final Tier of Capital Ship Upgrade Challenges

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
The final tier of each of the Capital Ship Upgrade battles seem out of balance compared to the other tiers. With each of the others, it was fairly easy to beat them - even with "below suggestion" fleets. The final tier recommends level 82 and higher ships. I have several level 84 ships - all 6*+ and some 7* with max gear pilots and a level 84 Capital Ship myself - and can't even take out a single ship before having my entire fleet demolished.

Anyone else having this problem?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    Same here. Haven't been able to try Tarkens last challenge, but the one before was a breeze. Ackbar and especially Mace, I'm down one or two ships before I get a turn. I have the zeta challenge unlocked, so I don't think I'm going to bother 6 starring my cap ships.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I have a fairly solid fleet, a few 85's in there. I get insta gimped. It is way out of whack. I keep leveling my ships in the hope that the RNG Jesus will bless me, and thus far I have been disappointed.

Someone told me they did it with 130k fleet power team. I'll wait till I hit that magical number in the sky and try it again. Thus far I usually lose 1-2 ships before I even get a turn.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Abuse of the RNG and bad AI. I could clear Mace with 5 ships not maxed at all because the AIbdid not single targeted correctly and I had insane luck with evasion.
  • You guys just need to pray more to RNGESUS
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Theophany wrote: »
    You guys just need to pray more to RNGESUS

Sacrifice more goats.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 YES. I only did the Ackbar and Mace ones and they were SUPER difficult. The only thing I remember is whichever ones use JC and Rex, those are the ships you have to take out first. I haven't even gotten to the Tarkin one yet because I lack the ships and frankly, it will be a long time before I get even close to doing that one.

It took me a few attempts to beat the Mace one and a LOT of attempts to beat the Ackbar one. It took some good RNG and AI to come close to beating them. Also, I put zero resources into Mace's ship and was still able to skirt past it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Abuse of the RNG and bad AI. I could clear Mace with 5 ships not maxed at all because the AIbdid not single targeted correctly and I had insane luck with evasion.

I beat the Mace challenge with a gear 7, level 48 Mace ship. Maybe 110k fleet power. It was easier than the previous tier due to the AI being awful. I can't get close to beating the Ackbar challenge though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    The FOTP for the AI gain like 35% TM when an TL'd ship is attacked not the 16.5% our maxed FOTP ships get... Seems legit (except not really they gain like twice the amount of TM its absurd)
  • Throw money at it.
  • this is making me nervous about the tarkin challenge since I'm just 1 ship away and i will have to use that Gspy ship in place of my tie advanced which has 19K power but only 4 stars lol ...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    this is making me nervous about the tarkin challenge since I'm just 1 ship away and i will have to use that Gspy ship in place of my tie advanced which has 19K power but only 4 stars lol ...

The challenges to get the capital ships to 5* aren't that bad. The ones to go from 5* to 6* are insane lol.
  • Throw money at it.

Are you a sun bro Gank Killer?
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The final tier of each of the Capital Ship Upgrade battles seem out of balance compared to the other tiers. With each of the others, it was fairly easy to beat them - even with "below suggestion" fleets. The final tier recommends level 82 and higher ships. I have several level 84 ships - all 6*+ and some 7* with max gear pilots and a level 84 Capital Ship myself - and can't even take out a single ship before having my entire fleet demolished.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having problems beating Ackbar and Tarkin's 5 star honestly and was thinking the same thing about it seeming out of balance with the rest. I beat mace's with ease a week or two ago now, yet despite having my main fleet available for Ackbar, I can't defeat it. even though i have starred and leveled a few ships since I beat Mace's with the same fleet. I also think I am going to have to 5 star all my dark side ships because 4 star just isn't cutting it to get Grand Moff's ship for the final ship ability mats challenge.

Perhaps the difficulty for all of them was increased recently.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    stop complaining @Nikoms565 =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Lol. You know me... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Lol. You know me... :D

fwiw, i get destroyed in the ackbar challenge aswell ;)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I had no trouble. Make sure your crew is all g10
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Tarkin's last challenge was very easy once you meet the requirements.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

for me it's more of a ship problem, crew members are mostly g11/g10 and g8 JC ;)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member

for me it's more of a ship problem, crew members are mostly g11/g10 and g8 JC ;)

What are your ships looking at? At least level 80 and 5 star?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    i was able to beat it today a few hours ago after I saw a thread where a lot of people were saying they beat Mace with good RNG and cases where he never called for reinforcements

i had better ships than most people did in that thread and I got my butt kicked over and over and over and over and over again.

Retried so many times. Its not just that the ships are highly favorable (target lock on basic / super tanky under mace lead / 3x Clone ARCs that hit hard as hell) but Mace can call Reinforcements WITHOUT any cooldown. He calls reinforcements one turn and then again the next

I have no idea how I ended up winning but I did and he called Reinforcements three times so its not impossible. I have level 85 Wiggs g10/g11 7* pilots and ships
    6* ship level 85 Fives 7*
    6* ship level 70 JC 7*
    5* ship level 70 Ahsoka 7*
    and Resistance Pilot who is severely undergeared and low level

Other than wiggs all my other toons weren't even gear 9 Ackbar's fleet is 72

it took multiple tries and i wouldn't have tried as many times as i did if it wasn't for 4x speed.

Your fleet squad is really good and you just need several retries is all. You should be able to clear it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

What are your ships looking at? At least level 80 and 5 star?

i'm missing the 8th ship, rex arc blue prints aren't dropping as frequently as i would like. also only 5 lvl 80 ships, the others are still lvl 70-75. i'm not worried, i'll clear the mission eventually.
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Got my **** kicked on Ackbar and Mace final challenges. Solid fleet, 126k power and good synergy, all 6 stars and G9-10 pilots. Tried:

Ahsoka,JC , Sarge, Rex, Fives
    Ahsoka, JC, Plo koon, Fives, Sarge
    Ahsoka, JC, Biggs, Wedge, Fives

and a couple other combinations but mostly went for full Republic squad

Figure i need to get all pilots to G10, and transfer some 5 dot mods to a couple pilots that are under modded. Its not that bad that its tough, as long as its beatable, ill wait till i gear up all pilots before enrage :)

Edit* Rex ship is 5* and Plo Koon is G7
  • Welcome to their ability (or lack thereof) to estimate difficulty for a challenge. It's so weird because some challenges can be listed as 80+, and if you have the right squad it's doable at like 75. If you don't have the right squad, however, it becomes impossible to do even with an 85/full mod squad.

I feel like they need to up their description game. Maybe list how they think the power should flow?

80+ W/ Mods = Difficult
    85 w/ Mods = Normal
    85 w/ 5* Mods = Easy

I know for the droid challenge it's lacking that you should have a full 5 droids and speed mods (my squad of all 85's that are partially modded are usually dead before it's my first turn). That's not difficult, that's impossible, but I don't know what I'm missing without going to the forums, so I just go ahead and skip that part of the game.
  • I have 7 LS ships and had excellent RNG to beat the 6* Ackbar.

All ships between lvl 75-80
    7* Ashoka ship
    6* plo ship
    6* 5s ship
    6* JC ship
    5* Biggs

5* Wedge lvl70
    5* Rex, lvl75

Strategy: take out Ashoka, then JC, then Rex. Knock out 2nd JC upon arrival.

What to hope for...
    1). Plo taunt on 5s after AI spreads damage w/ all your starting squads alive. Keep healing 5s w/ Ackbar and JC
    2). ONLY use Ashoka's cleanse on the clone ships when Mace makes them taunt. Keep focused on strategic targets above. Hope for Ashoka's turn soon after the taunt goes up.
    3) Drop target lock using 5s on your strategic target. Never on the clone ships until the end. Get buffs from plo, ashoka, JC
    4). Hope ashoka drops evasion on 5s when he taunts.
    5). Hope Ashoka, Plo, and JC get speed up buff

• Vallik
    163 posts Member
    I did maces last tier last night 7 star biggs 6 star ahsoka and fives 5 star wedge and jc
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I got inspired by you all and was able to get the Ackbar and Mace challenge done today. Took me about 20x but I got it! I used the following Ships:

Biggs G10 85
    Wedge G10 85
    5's G9 78
    Ashoka G10 73
    JC G8 70

Resistance Pilot G8 66
    Clone Sergeant G7 48

I used everything, all ships, nothing was spared in either fight.

On the Ackbar one - I targeted Ashoka and JC's first, then Rex

On Mace one - I targeted FOTP, Boba, FOTP, then the Ties.

All in all it took me 2+hrs but I finally got it!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i also cleared the ackbar challenge last night. It took alot of attempts (and some leveling of ships) before the stars lined up.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    i also cleared the ackbar challenge last night. It took alot of attempts (and some leveling of ships) before the stars lined up.
    Same here + incredible luck that the AI didn't send in reinforcements. ^^

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i used this team in case anyone was wondering:
    ixtbmt.png