Quality of Information

Now that we have a great quality of life update (though horrid arena payout times still need to be dealt with), how about we move to a quality of information update?

Just two off the top of my head:

1. Status Spam Fix

7 HOT, 7 DOT per character! Ack! I can't see who is ability blocked and stunned! Let's consolidate this mess in some way!

2. What's the cool down at?

Since we have toons that can now increase cooldowns (DT, DN), it sure would be nice to see what other characters cool downs are similar to like we can see raid bosses. Perhaps similar to raid bosses, when we target a toon, its skills could appear in the upper right?

What other info improvements can you guys think of?

Replies

• Noval749
    117 posts Member
    Options
    For the problem with seeing buffs/debuffs on opposing characters, the simplest fix would be for the buffs/debuffs icons to be shown at the top of the screen to the left of the selected enemy.

If I knew how to photoshop, I'd post an example. Hopefully the description was easy to understand.

Please excuse my English, it is my first language but me don't not talk it much good.
  • Options
    Noval749 wrote: »
    For the problem with seeing buffs/debuffs on opposing characters, the simplest fix would be for the buffs/debuffs icons to be shown at the top of the screen to the left of the selected enemy.

If I knew how to photoshop, I'd post an example. Hopefully the description was easy to understand.

Please excuse my English, it is my first language but me don't not talk it much good.

I really don't like that idea, I like to have a overview on buffs/debuffs on all characters.
    One easy way to fixe the issue stated in this thread would be just add a number above the buff/debuff if this was affecting one character more than once.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Quality of Life update deserves a standing ovation to the Dev Team - truly a well done job!!!

However, I few tweaks down the road could be even better.

The few tweaks I thought of are:

* Ship Challenges - can we Sim these in the same fashion as we now do for the daily challenges?

* Bronzium packs - A lot of us still have hundred or thousands of allied points that we can spend on Bronzium Packs. Tapping the purchase button repeatedly and watching the load screen depicting each and every item you have purchased is time consuming and draining. Can we not select the number of Bronziums we wish to purchase and have a list of all items displayed in one window?

I think these 2 updates are simple and contribute to what was intended with this recent update.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Noval749 wrote: »

I really don't like that idea, I like to have a overview on buffs/debuffs on all characters.
    One easy way to fixe the issue stated in this thread would be just add a number above the buff/debuff if this was affecting one character more than once.

Eh, that's not as neat a fix as you think. Someone drops 4 dots that last for 2 turns. someone else drops 2 that last for 1 turn, someone else drops one that lasts for 3 turns. Now you have 3 different amounts of dots with 3 different turn lengths. They would have to have 2 numbers on the icon, and it would still be displayed 3 times. However, I still think this should be done as it would help greatly.

Now I see no reason why both this and the other suggestion couldn't occur simultaneously, in fact that would be ideal. Make the buffs on people's heads unclickable, you just click the toon instead, and the descriptions are next to the icon, or can be reached by clicking icons next to their portrait, but are still displayed on people's heads in the new condensed version. This dual approach has the added benefit of making it so that buffs and debuffs don't get in the way of being able to select the character or ship that you wish to.

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Quality of Life update deserves a standing ovation to the Dev Team - truly a well done job!!!

* Ship Challenges - can we Sim these in the same fashion as we now do for the daily challenges?

* Bronzium packs - A lot of us still have hundred or thousands of allied points that we can spend on Bronzium Packs. Tapping the purchase button repeatedly and watching the load screen depicting each and every item you have purchased is time consuming and draining. Can we not select the number of Bronziums we wish to purchase and have a list of all items displayed in one window?

I think these 2 updates are simple and contribute to what was intended with this recent update.

+512K to the Bronzium idea (you KNOW what 512K refers to here...)
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    7 HOT, 7 DOT per character! Ack! I can't see who is ability blocked and stunned! Let's consolidate this mess in some way!

if you can't see who's stunned from there character sprite then we have a problem... they get the debuff box for it, there top right picture turns blue with static, and there character turns blue and looks frozen aiming backwards.... the befuff area isn't needed to see if stunned when there is 3 areas to see it.... (im bad at describing things sorry)
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

if you can't see who's stunned from there character sprite then we have a problem... they get the debuff box for it, there top right picture turns blue with static, and there character turns blue and looks frozen aiming backwards.... the befuff area isn't needed to see if stunned when there is 3 areas to see it.... (im bad at describing things sorry)

You are correct. I got a bit carried away. That said, it is true you can often not tell who is ability blocked, heal blocked, dazed, etc. as quite frequently these statuses are obscured.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

You are correct. I got a bit carried away. That said, it is true you can often not tell who is ability blocked, heal blocked, dazed, etc. as quite frequently these statuses are obscured.
    Also healing immunity and health down look quite similar. The line going through the healing immunity one should be increased to far greater noticeability.

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

+512K to the Bronzium idea (you KNOW what 512K refers to here...)

The ammount of storage it will take to hold the data for the number of ally points you have unless they become easier to spend?
    1/2 a MB... quite a lot.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    "Eh, that's not as neat a fix as you think. Someone drops 4 dots that last for 2 turns. someone else drops 2 that last for 1 turn, someone else drops one that lasts for 3 turns. Now you have 3 different amounts of dots with 3 different turn lengths. They would have to have 2 numbers on the icon, and it would still be displayed 3 times. However, I still think this should be done as it would help greatly."

Status effect durations aren't shown as it is now, so the consolidation really wouldn't make any difference. The DoT display is the same no matter who dealt it or how long it lasts, so a simple number to keep track of stacks would work well enough. When a stacked (de)buff expires, the number simply ticks down.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The ammount of storage it will take to hold the data for the number of ally points you have unless they become easier to spend?
    1/2 a MB... quite a lot.

Classy. :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i also don't like the way (de)buffs are displayed currently.
    Don't mind not seeying the cooldowns though, paying attention pays off, showing them will reward lazy people.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i also don't like the way (de)buffs are displayed currently.
    Don't mind not seeying the cooldowns though, paying attention pays off, showing them will reward lazy people.

Well... not necessarily everyone gets their cooldowns increased, and the message is on the screen so fast, it's easy to miss who may have not been hit.
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    Status effect durations aren't shown as it is now, so the consolidation really wouldn't make any difference. The DoT display is the same no matter who dealt it or how long it lasts, so a simple number to keep track of stacks would work well enough. When a stacked (de)buff expires, the number simply ticks down.

Actually yes, status durations are shown right now, there is a little number at the bottom of the buff/debuff that says it's remaining turns. It confused me at first because I had thought it referred to the number of stacks of that effect, but then the same icon would appear again, which is when I figured out it was the duration of the buff.

Like I said though, I am way down with them adding a second number. Make one red and one green. I vote number of stacks is red and duration is green.

• Options
    MLGebra wrote: »

Agreed, this would work well enough. Boba now has a padlock on his BHR buff. There could easily be a similar graphic on the opposite corner for debuffs, showing the number currently active. There are way too many symbols cluttering the screen these days.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    What if there were a small number under each buff / debuff to indicate the number of stacks there are? That would consolidate space.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    (though horrid arena payout times still need to be dealt with)

This

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    What if there were a small number under each buff / debuff to indicate the number of stacks there are? That would consolidate space.

The issue though is that as they continue to introduce new buffs and debuffs, you still couldn't see due to the overlap. The buffs/debuffs should also be visible in the top right corner (targeted opponent).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*