Upcoming Military Might Event: Rewards Unchanged

Prev1
benacrow
2700 posts Member
edited March 2017
So last time we had the Military Might event, we were promised that shards of Shoretrooper and TFP would be added to the rewards for the event, per @CG_CapGaSP:
CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
Regrettably, with the holidays, new events, and ships work, there wasn't time for me to update the rewards for Military Might to include TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. The Next time it comes around it will be updated with the Empire units it's missing. (Note this does not include Vader, Palpatine, or other units we may introduce who have their own unique acquisition method.)

(More info from the last occurance in this thread )

Well the event is back (listed in 'Events' in-game with 3 days remaining) since its last appearance in early January, and guess what's not included in the rewards...

IMG_1487.PNG

So...what's up guys... @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

I guess 2 months is too short of time to implement new rewards? It hasn't launched yet, so maybe some tweaks are in order?

EDIT: Currently listed in the events list image.png
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
Post edited by benacrow on

Replies

• Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Could you update the gear to have more stun cuffs and guns while youre at it? Maybe put it in a harder third tier if you have to.
  • ST and Baze are their cash cows. Baze is was supposed to be farmable 4-6 weeks after packs from the publicized release cadence but it's been 4 months and still no Baze.
  • To be fair, they said that the R1 rebels weren't forgotten, not that they would be set to the same schedule.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    +1. It would be nice to get the TFP shards and shoretrooper shards that were promised
  • In bringing the popcorn out for this one...
  • Who uses "holidays" as a reason for not getting their work done? Seriously, go to your boss and say to them, "you know that thing we promised our clients, yeah it didn't get done....sorry holidays" and see how that plays out. At the very least you can kiss your EoM award goodbye.

Not that it really matters, I waited for weeks for jawa shards in robots fight back, all together I have gotten 4 shards. 4. I thought this was going to help build up my jawa crew, 4. 250 credits for the chance to get 1 shard. It would be cheaper to buy them via shards.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Who uses "holidays" as a reason for not getting their work done? Seriously, go to your boss and say to them, "you know that thing we promised our clients, yeah it didn't get done....sorry holidays" and see how that plays out. At the very least you can kiss your EoM award goodbye.

Not that it really matters, I waited for weeks for jawa shards in robots fight back, all together I have gotten 4 shards. 4. I thought this was going to help build up my jawa crew, 4. 250 credits for the chance to get 1 shard. It would be cheaper to buy them via shards.

This has been swept under the rug by the devs and have ignored calls to change the event.
  • This event says intended for lvl 80s, does that require a lvl 80 requirement or can anyone give it a shot?
  • PrinceDman wrote: »
    This event says intended for lvl 80s, does that require a lvl 80 requirement or can anyone give it a shot?

I think there is a cutoff that you have to be over a certain level to open the event. However usually the 1st one is relatively low and the 2nd one is higher.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    I'd be willing to bet there is a "due to the qol update we were unable to update the rewards for this event, it will be updated the next time it comes around" lol
  • PrinceDman wrote: »
    This event says intended for lvl 80s, does that require a lvl 80 requirement or can anyone give it a shot?

I think 75 is required for the lowest tier of any assault battle type. I'm not sure what the level requirement is for the higher ones.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    So last time we had the Military Might event, we were promised that shards of Shoretrooper and TFP would be added to the rewards for the event, per @CG_CapGaSP:
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Regrettably, with the holidays, new events, and ships work, there wasn't time for me to update the rewards for Military Might to include TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. The Next time it comes around it will be updated with the Empire units it's missing. (Note this does not include Vader, Palpatine, or other units we may introduce who have their own unique acquisition method.)

(More info from the last occurance in this thread )

Well the event is back (listed in 'Events' in-game with 3 days remaining) since its last appearance in early January, and guess what's not included in the rewards...

IMG_1487.PNG

So...what's up guys... @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

I guess 2 months is too short of time to implement new rewards? It hasn't launched yet, so maybe some tweaks are in order?

EDIT: Currently listed in the events list image.png

Thanks for calling this out. ("The Next time it comes around it will be updated with the Empire units it's missing.")
  • This was the first thing I checked when I saw the event and needless to say was very dissapointed lol.

Swept under the rug like that Japanese pop up that let people get full character unlocks and crystals. What happened to 'investigating that' too??
  • While I am disappointed there aren't going to be TFP or Shore shards I can understand that they probably have had a lot going on and this was a lower priority to them.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Maybe the reward screen was not updated? I can't imagine they would not update the rewards after saying they would.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    I want my Shoretrooper shards!
  • @benacrow
    Good catch on this one
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    I really hope they bump up the credits. On the droid event I spent more on moving mods than I received from beating it.
  • I would tag the devs again in this thread closer to when they get into the office. I am sure they have an explanation. Good catch btw
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I realize this is a poor reasoning, but is it possible that the potential to receive those shards as a reward exists and the list just wasn't updated?

It's a good catch, and thanks for bringing it up. Hopefully a Dev can respond as to whether this is an oversight on the possible rewards updating, or if it fell to the backburner and hasn't been corrected.

All that being said, RNG will determine that all you get are stormtrooper shards. Possibly Veers.
  • Not the first post on this.

But am I the only one wondering why we don't even see the event on the Event Information post?
    I'd be content with the stale rewards if they just started to communicate.
    Or at least use the schedule on events that they put up in the forums. As a first sign of good will.
    Noone wants to scroll through another megathread soon just because of some minor event *sigh
  • I can understand not giving shore shards but tie pilot should be in there at the very least. I can't imagine it's that much work
  • Not the first post on this.

But am I the only one wondering why we don't even see the event on the Event Information post?
    I'd be content with the stale rewards if they just started to communicate.
    Or at least use the schedule on events that they put up in the forums. As a first sign of good will.
    Noone wants to scroll through another megathread soon just because of some minor event *sigh

This too. @CG_TopHat, let's keep good the good communication going. There is an
    ***Event Information (UPDATE 2/14)***
    ***EA_Jesse September 2016***
    which should always be up to date and is totally low hanging fruit.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    While I am disappointed there aren't going to be TFP or Shore shards I can understand that they probably have had a lot going on and this was a lower priority to them.

Yes, it MUST be rocket science to update the rewards. I can easily see why it couldn't be done.
  • + 1 thanks for this post.
    The Dev's must be going to the dark side because they aren't men of their word.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    That is actually better for me; besides RG, I don't have any of them maxed.
  • 1 shard for shore = 1000 for Magmapooper
  • Shore!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    While I am disappointed there aren't going to be TFP or Shore shards I can understand that they probably have had a lot going on and this was a lower priority to them.
    Not a viable excuse imo. Broken promise is a broken promise.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    slamaMC wrote: »
    I really hope they bump up the credits. On the droid event I spent more on moving mods than I received from beating it.

That's my only thought on this, though it's highly likely that the rewards just weren't updated at all. I couldn't imagine CG not doing something they said they were going to do :lol:
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind