We desperately need an update on the Clone Troopers.

AntiFunn
512 posts Member
edited March 2017
Good day.

We desperately need an update on the Clone Troopers.

I know people have been requesting this for months and I wanted to keep quiet about this. But today I realized that they are really weak. I mean honestly their synergy and abilities are just pathetic.

I tested my 5 characters in the Squad Arena today. They aren't too good, only around 37000 power in total. I fought against a fully modded, equipped and 7 star Clone squad with +41000 total power. I won without having too much difficulty.

Noteable Clone Troopers and just Normal non notable Clones should still be added. Clone Commander, Clone Captain, Captain Wolffe etc. Even the traitor Slick maybe. The current Clones should STILL gain considerable buffs. And Rex's gear needs a rework badly -> too much useless agillity based gear. Sergeant needs more utillity or base speed. Echo needs at least 2 turns of reduction in his EMP. Cody's 212th's damage penalty should be reduced. I could keep going on.

Clone Wars era tactics also involve Jetpacks right? Why not also a Jet Clone trooper. (jump trooper).

Finally, if anyone could reply did the Clone troopers use some sorts of riot shields to tank? If they did, would be very interesting to see a Riot Shield Clone Trooper that taunts and counters... etc.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Regardless of mere buffs for the existing Clone characters, I think the best option for NEW Clone characters would be a commando. Commandos are actually part of current canon already so its an easy push for the Heroes franchise in my opinion. It would be easy to expound on this and come up with character traits no problem.

Any one else have any thoughts??
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    This is the first time I've heard anyone say that clones aren't strong enough. I've been using them in every facet of the game for 9+ months. They're my go to squad. I've hit #1 in arena with them, and at worst stay within the top 40. Their combined power is 47k and they're not even fully geared yet. They currently get me 5mil damage in phase 4 of AAT raid.
    Pathetic synergy/abilities? Every single clone has an ability with direct clone synergy, not even including leader abilities. They also have one of the most diverse ability sets that offers an answer to practically everything. Rex alone stops entire empire squads in their tracks.
    Idk man, I just don't understand your rant. I agree that more clones would be a welcome addition, but I see no flaws in the current clone roster. (except Echo's EMP should stun and/or do bonus damage against droids)
  • I'd like to suggest Hevy and Captain Gregor, the guy is a badass war hero.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I disagree - I run a Sith arena team and have been working my way up the ranks at a steady pace, thanks to all the re-work that has been done.

Came across an all-Clones team. I thought it'd be an easy fight and another rank climb - I was wrong.

Clones handed it to me good and proper.
  • Im seeing 5-9 mil scores in HAAT raids from guys with clone teams. No way they are weak.
  • I'm telling you guys. Get on the boat with me. We NEED commandos.!
  • I run an all Clone team as well. They are modded very well and all g11. They aren't maxed yet but they are close. My team in 47k power ranking and easily get beat by lower level teams. they are weak against all teams other than Zader teams. I thrive on them.

They are only good in HAAT. When I run them in the arena I can get to top 20 with about 3 resets. I finished in 19 and the next day when I logged back on I dropped all the way to 45. They rely solely on critical and do not have a taunter. You take out rex first and then they are easy pickings after that.

I was so excited when Cody got his zeta, but in reality it does very little to actually help clones. The AI plays the clones horribly and they are easy targets in the Arena. The clones need a pretty big overall for them to be returned to the greatness they should be. That is my two cents.
  • It'd be cool if fives had a taunt ability added.
  • I run a clone team in the arena
    Rex lead, Echo, Fives, Sarge and R2.
    Dropped cody for sarge last night so going to test it out for a bit.
    They are great though, get me through gw everyday, do huge damage in the tank raid, and I'm floating around the 40-60 rank in the arena (would much prefer it to be 30-50 though).
    I would love some new additions to the clones but they are certainly not underpowered like everybody says they are. They just need to be modded in the right way.
  • Although saying that I'm not against am upgrade, as mine are already maxed out and modded they'd just become even greater than they already are :D
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    This is the first time I've heard anyone say that clones aren't strong enough. I've been using them in every facet of the game for 9+ months. They're my go to squad. I've hit #1 in arena with them, and at worst stay within the top 40. Their combined power is 47k and they're not even fully geared yet. They currently get me 5mil damage in phase 4 of AAT raid.
    Pathetic synergy/abilities? Every single clone has an ability with direct clone synergy, not even including leader abilities. They also have one of the most diverse ability sets that offers an answer to practically everything. Rex alone stops entire empire squads in their tracks.
    Idk man, I just don't understand your rant. I agree that more clones would be a welcome addition, but I see no flaws in the current clone roster. (except Echo's EMP should stun and/or do bonus damage against droids)

I would love some tips. My clones are GL11, all 7* and only barely get past 100 in Arena. Do you have info on your Mod setup?