They are tricking us

Prev13
AbyssalH
303 posts Member
They want us to get phoenix.. For an event.. At that time.. F2p start collecting them all to 3* and also start gearing in the hope of nice rewards.. I promise you.. If we are able to use them in this so called 'event' .. We wont get anything but a lack in gear.. They want us to waste ressurces just to find out , we wont get any rewards

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    this could be said for every and any character ingame. What's your point?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Thiffu
    11 posts Member
    We will get some rewards. The problem is most F2P dont understand that in real world we have to pay for everything. Conclusion- you dont pay-dont expect same rewards as ppl who do.
    " i give you guys nothing, expect you to work for free and give me great game" lol @ this attitude
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I am F2P, but in general I pay for games, if the price is reasonable! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »

So that would make you not ftp....
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »

So that would make you not ftp....
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Depends on game ... in SWGOH im F2P
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Thiffu wrote: »
    We will get some rewards. The problem is most F2P dont understand that in real world we have to pay for everything. Conclusion- you dont pay-dont expect same rewards as ppl who do.
    " i give you guys nothing, expect you to work for free and give me great game" lol @ this attitude

they are giving it away for free in order to get a large playerbase of wich a certain percentage will inevitably spent money. You underestimate the importance of f2p players, wich might not give money, but they do create a scenario where others are far more likely to spent money.
    You might think it's a laughable attitude, but expecting a great game for free is normal for freemium games since they are striving to make a great game for free.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Except we know what the rewards are. Ship blueprints for Ghost and Phantom II
  • Nobody would play this game if we f2p stop playing.. This would end in a whale fight where you all end with empty pockets... A bad feeling and hunger. ..
  • You need both whales and F2P for a healthy game. In this game F2P players can get quite far :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Thiffu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    You need both whales and F2P for a healthy game. In this game F2P players can get quite far :)

I know that.
    All i'm saing is that we shouldnt expect much.
    I spent about 20$ and im 1-7arena and 5-15 fleet at payout at december 2016 shard.
    Besides of that- life is just unfair. we have f deal with it:)
  • Thiffu wrote: »
    You need both whales and F2P for a healthy game. In this game F2P players can get quite far :)

I know that.
    All i'm saing is that we shouldnt expect much.
    I spent about 20€ and im 1-7arena and 5-15 fleet at payout at december 2016 shard.
    Besides of that- life is just unfair. we have f deal with it:)

True, for now, I'm skipping the Phoenix characters... (Said the same thing about sith, who I'm farming atm :D )
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • AbyssalH wrote: »
    Nobody would play this game if we f2p stop playing.. This would end in a whale fight where you all end with empty pockets... A bad feeling and hunger. ..

I'd keep playing and I'm a whale.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    "Not this ship, sister" (c)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

AbyssalH wrote: »
    Nobody would play this game if we f2p stop playing.. This would end in a whale fight where you all end with empty pockets... A bad feeling and hunger. ..

i'd say it's fair to assume you wouldn't have become a whale if it wasn't for f2p players. So there's that.
  • AbyssalH wrote: »

Well gratulations.. U will be one of 3 last man standing.. Wasting a few thousands a month to be nr 2 also the new nr 3 does .. And to keep place .. Nr1 does too.. Now you become poor.. Thinking about selling your wife for a few bucks and then .. U give up... Instead .. Pay nothing like all f2p to get top 10 rewards and make your way up to the top without selling your daughter (: sounds good huh?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Thiffu wrote: »

The problem with this argument, is even those who spend a hundred bucks here and there on this game can't even get anywhere near 6 or 7* of new characters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Well gratulations.. U will be one of 3 last man standing.. Wasting a few thousands a month to be nr 2 also the new nr 3 does .. And to keep place .. Nr1 does too.. Now you become poor.. Thinking about selling your wife for a few bucks and then .. U give up... Instead .. Pay nothing like all f2p to get top 10 rewards and make your way up to the top without selling your daughter (: sounds good huh?

That's always my go to if i'm in need of money, I just sell my wife and daughters. smh
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I am 99% sure I will be not even activating them unless the event can be played at gear level 1. Too many other things to do besides working on more rebels plus don't need another low starred ship to sit in my inventory since there is no f2p farming method besides GW
  • Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

And consumer reports show that it only takes a few Kraken sand whales to keep a freemium game in business. I'm sorry but the with the exception of word of mouth, FTP doesn't do much for these types of games. So CRY SOME MORE PUNK.

you're wrong. Not about only needed the income from a few krakens and whales, that much is true. The conclusion you came to that because of that fact the f2p players don't do much for these types of games is completely wrong though.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Without ftp, the game prices would increase since everyone can pay, so were saving you $1000
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Taco wrote: »
    Without ftp, the game prices would increase since everyone can pay, so were saving you $1000

@Taco
    Is there a game out there that this happened to or is that just your hypothesis?

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    They want us to get phoenix.. For an event.. At that time.. F2p start collecting them all to 3* and also start gearing in the hope of nice rewards.. I promise you.. If we are able to use them in this so called 'event' .. We wont get anything but a lack in gear.. They want us to waste ressurces just to find out , we wont get any rewards

Well, back to the original post...

A little trick I learned from general kenobi. Swgoh.gg has gear requirements for all characters. You can make yourself a spreadsheet of what gear you need for them vs. what you have. Then you can start collecting it all but NOT equipping it.

Once the event launches, you can see what the rewards are and wait to hear from others what gear level is required. Based on that, make an educated decision to use that saved gear on the Phoenix characters or save it for someone else.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

@Taco
    Is there a game out there that this happened to or is that just your hypothesis?

No, because there are no freemium games without f2p players. duh?
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i fail to see the trick. if i want a character i will get it no matter what. i don't care if the character only starts out at 3*. gotta start somewhere.

if i waiting to use my characters until they were 7* i'd only have maybe 5 toons to play with.
  • Thiffu
    11 posts Member

Dont you guys understand that ppl are rich? Many ppl spend thousands of dolars and dont even notice that?
  • leef wrote: »

@Taco

Point being, there is no evidence to his claim, DUH(no question mark).
    And thanks for saving me one thousand dollars.

• I watched. It's horrible. Absolutely ridiculous too. It's insane how much money they want to make now. Nothing stops these people. The ceoncept of a freemium game is atrocious all in itself. When you buy a book, a DVD or a game (the old way), you pay once and play until you're sick and tired. Here, you can pay unlimited amount of money and it never ends, because new characters come out. They create an addiction. Which is frightening. This is the reason alone to stay 100% FtP.
    I realize that nothing is free and devs are paid for their work, and while I would have accepted paying once (maybe even up to 100 dollars for some good content) or even yearly for good upgrades, I would not agree to pay unlimited money for a game that might die down in a while. While it lasts, I'll stay FtP and enjoy what is open to such players. When it ends, I'll move on to other games or other hobbies.
    Thanks for sharing the video.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    leef wrote: »

@Taco

Point being, there is no evidence to his claim, DUH(no question mark).
    And thanks for saving me one thousand dollars.

point being, if these type of games didn't need f2p players there would have been evidence of his claim, but they do.
    edit: and i'm not saving you money by being f2p. i'm here to create a scenario to make you feel comfortable spending money. EA thanks me for that by catering to my needs ;)