How do you decide who comes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Rancor Raid (when most can solo it)?

Prev1
Hello, my guild wants to implement a rule to decide who gets to come in first second and third place in the Heroic Rancor raid. Currently the game allocates it based on player id's and this is grossly unfair on some. Until the Devs change this we will be introducing some kind of system to more fairly decide this.

What methods do you guys use (if any)? Or have you got any suggestions for us?

Replies

• Listening too, having the same problem
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    In the real world things aren't fair, so in our guild we do nothing lol
  • Danbloo
    129 posts Member
    Easy, top 3 skips p1 next raid. If you guys are higher level they do 0 damage next rancor. Higher level, top 10 does 0 damage next raid.

Fair to all and let's top 3-10 rotate.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    In the real world things aren't fair, so in our guild we do nothing lol

True, but unlike the real world we can try to implement our own in game system which is more fair than the alternative (allocation by player id). Thats why guilds in this game have rules
  • A guildmate suggested something that is interesting...during the 0 log period everyone gets to send in 1 toon. Highest so for that one toon is the tie breaker. Liked that better than just player ID. Little bit of hassle but seemed cool
  • Yeah and the player with the best geared Zylo wins...
  • A guildmate suggested something that is interesting...during the 0 log period everyone gets to send in 1 toon. Highest so for that one toon is the tie breaker. Liked that better than just player ID. Little bit of hassle but seemed cool

This idea sounds really good! We are currently discussing this right now.

Pros: Is the fairest way and keeps it competitive.

Cons: Requires screenshots from everyplayer to ensure that only one toon is being used. This unfortunely sounds like a logistical nightmare where some guild members may forget to send pics etc.

• Danbloo
    129 posts Member
    That's way too complicated and no way to tell if people are using 1 character. If you are top 3, just do 0 damage next rancor for the whole raid. Basically sitting out. That's more fair and allows others to rank up. Annoying when only a select few hog the rank.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Our guild just doesn't solo it. We leave some for everyone. Once we get into posting screen shots and whatnot it becomes a major hassle.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Ugh. Too many rules can be frustrating. The only two rules we have are get your 600 and don't start early in the raid. I could honestly care less how I do in the rancor raid. What gear you get is random. I don't need the Han shards. The credits would be nice but really they're marginal.

Why put in all the extra work to monitor this stuff? Just auto the raid and let the chips fall where they may. That's what we do. It's 15 minutes of your life and you want to worry about who gets what when the important part is rng dependent.
  • sying wrote: »
    Ugh. Too many rules can be frustrating. The only two rules we have are get your 600 and don't start early in the raid. I could honestly care less how I do in the rancor raid. What gear you get is random. I don't need the Han shards. The credits would be nice but really they're marginal.

In my guild currently 15 people can solo the rancor, its not fair that the same 3 people get the top spots for every raid. And with each passing day a new player gets Zader.

It's the gear im worried about, the top 3 spots get a extra two pieces of gear which definitely makes a difference in the long run.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I've been saying for a while it's not fair. I was saying that when I was getting second place that it wasn't fair for the tenth place player to always get tenth place. Now that we have at least twenty who do it consistently (we have more that can but choose to take zeros instead), and I'm getting sixth I'm still saying it's not fair that 20th, who scores the exact same, doesn't get the same rewards as first and what's really worse, never will under the current system.

Listen, I'm with you on the system needs to be changed. All I'm saying is, I hit auto and walk away. I don't want to sit there and watch it to stop my toons from doing their thing nor Do I want to sit there hitting refresh for two minutes while everyone else completes phase one. Nor do I want to play whatever other system someone wants to put into place to make things "fair". I have better things to do with my time. I hit auto and my raid is done for the day. Adding rules where there shouldn't be any is a waste of everyone's time.
  • Is it so hard for the developers to just let them tie and distribute first place prizes to all that tie at the top? Say if 10 tie for first, give them first place stuff, then the next score below those get 11th place prizes, is it really that hard?
  • Damage cap during registration then FFA which usually starts in P4. If u go over cap, you hit 0 next raid.

Soloing rancor is not an achievement anymore so why allow it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We only have 8 or so who can solo. So we have a rotation going for 3 solo spots everyone else starts to escape toons into p4
  • Would this work?

Have three people send in a garbage team to get a bit of damage on the pigs. Once their scores post, then turn it into a ffa. Those three players should have a little bit higher score than everybody else

You can then designate spots 1-3 each raid
  • Damage cap during registration then FFA which usually starts in P4. If u go over cap, you hit 0 next raid.

Soloing rancor is not an achievement anymore so why allow it.

Exactly make it into a game trying to get as close as possible to cap. First rule of rancor should be no soloing...boom problem solved.
  • Change your name. The investment will pay off rather quickly.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    We use the most logical tie breaker: player ID
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member

Is it so hard for the developers to just let them tie and distribute first place prizes to all that tie at the top? Say if 10 tie for first, give them first place stuff, then the next score below those get 11th place prizes, is it really that hard?

I see what you are saying but the exploit to that would be one person soloing the raid while everyone else then finishes second and getting the rewards for second.
  • My guild leaves the raid open the first 24 hours where you can only send in one Guy to toss some damage on the board then a ffa at the start of day two.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    They could always add all the tied ranks' prizes together and average them out.
    assign each prize box a value and see which value is closest after all the values are added up and averaged, and then everyone gets that/those boxes. Take the 27 shards available and give everybody ten rolls based on 3 out of however many tied for odds and award based on that.
  • Danbloo wrote: »
    That's way too complicated and no way to tell if people are using 1 character. If you are top 3, just do 0 damage next rancor for the whole raid. Basically sitting out. That's more fair and allows others to rank up. Annoying when only a select few hog the rank.

This is okay idea. But the problem is top 3 sits out. Then the next 3 that can solo gets the next top 3 prize. On the 3rd pit run the first 3 people sitting out comes back and becomes top 3 again. Which means those who are beyond top 6 won't ever get top 3
  • Doing screen shots for people's 1 toon is a hassle and what do u do when a guy fails to screen shot cuz he either forgot and accident hit okay. Or he had a phone glitch cuz screen capping requires holding down two buttons on the phone or some phones and those buttons if not pressed same time can cause the game to close out or can screen lock. So now u either trust he tapped with 1 character or u penalize him on next raid or boot. It's just not worth the hassle to do 1 toon attack for all 50 members. Easier to maintain a wait list of people who full soloed that got it and assign 3 people from the list each day to go 1 tap character it's not a competition anymore so no need to screen shot. Go thru the list until it's exhausted and then it's open again for full competition
  • No way they can break the tie giving same rewards to same score lol

Every guild would just solo with 1 player and let the entire rest of the guild get each a 2nd place reward cause everyone just posted 0 damage

Let the flood begin.

There is no obvious solution besides a speed of completition Tiebreaker. that way its down to mods ultimately when everyone is at g11.
  • We've been doing single-toon DMG chosen by Guild Leader in advance. If you don't have the toon that time, you just send in a zero, or wait until raid starts. Its generally obvious when someone cheats, and we require screenshot, but that isn't anything new. If your guildmates can't **** and post to discord, then I'm not sure why you would bother with rules in general. I really like the Single toon dmg, its fun, and it lets you play a little and focus on random chars, as well as breaks up the static TIE order of full dmg solos.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No way they can break the tie giving same rewards to same score lol

Every guild would just solo with 1 player and let the entire rest of the guild get each a 2nd place reward cause everyone just posted 0 damage

Let the flood begin.

There is no obvious solution besides a speed of completition Tiebreaker. that way its down to mods ultimately when everyone is at g11.

Simple solution would be only have the tie breaker for #1, or only for solo run scores. Then no need to worry about exploit.

Could also add that 0 score gets lvl 50 reward.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    No way they can break the tie giving same rewards to same score lol

Let the flood begin.

Simple solution would be only have the tie breaker for #1, or only for solo run scores. Then no need to worry about exploit.

Could also add that 0 score gets lvl 50 reward.

^^^This. All zeros get 50th place. This plus the Olympic style placement fixes everything, and distributes rewards according to what you earned. It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get 49 ties for 2nd at anything but zero.
  • Our guild sets a faction for each raid. You send in 1 character from that faction for tag. It changes with each faction the tag order and randomized who gets top 3
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    We have a millionaire's club in our guild- anyone who scores over a million takes a zero next raid. Also, we had a contest last month to see who could score closest to 1 million without going over. Made raids fun and had some very interesting scores