Gear Challenges and The Disappearance of Selling Excess Items

SwasAye
37 posts Member
edited January 2017
This will simply focus on what the title says. I am well aware that this topic is beat down and driven into the ground every other day, but hopefully some constructive criticisms can help this along.

As many people have mentioned, the gear in challenges quickly adds up with the exceptions of a few much needed items. These items often are located in different tiers that force a player to choose what is most needed. My argument is not with this. I have no problem making players choose what will ultimately provide the best impact long term, as it adds another level of strategy (albeit annoyingly :smile: ). However, I believe the pleading by many players portrays how much individuals would like to see the gear changed, even if it is just a few items.

Therefore, as people in previous threads have discussed, a suggestion would be to change the items that quickly accumulate, such as Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage, Mk 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage, Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage, etc. I have seen for people call for Stun Cuffs (come on people... we all wish but that's extremely generous for something like that). Why not implement some Mk 2 Xaltin Bacta Gel Prototypes or Mk 6 Biotech Implants, gear that is still needed but requires 20 pieces (similar to what is available now)? The devs may even choose to rotate the gear quarterly, which I'm sure can be done by manipulating some coding.

The other idea is one some people may remember from when the game originally came out. Players were able to sell excess gear (along with credit heist rewards buckets or whatever they were). I hope I am not wrong in thinking that code must exist somewhere in a backup. The alternative to changing some of the gear within challenges is to re-implement selling gear. I imagine the devs had problems with people selling gear that players actually needed and some individuals felt slighted. Would it be possible to then add a screen detailing what is about to happen? For example, a screen stating "There is no going back after selling these items. Do you wish to continue?" Finally, one more stating "Are you sure?" with yes or no answer boxes to the respective questions.

I believe either of these are viable options. These alternatives would help player morale and make the game feel as if it is a bit easier to progress. Albeit, changing the gear may make profits decrease and I concede that. However, the ability to sell gear may help with the credit crunch and would not need a change in the rewards as is. An argument against those who say their is no credit crunch, similar to real life economics, do you think people who have money don't want more? There is always a need for more credits, even if it is just a few. I would hope that I am not wrong in being able to do this being that selling mods is currently an option. All I would ask is that we are able to do it with gear as well.

Overall, please consider this developers. Even a small survey on gear opportunities may help if that would be the route you choose to take. Thank you!

Edit: tl;dr - Please consider changing the gear available in shipments or allowing players to sell gear once again. Suggestions are above.

Replies

• Yohin
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    They should add a Gear store similar to the Shard Shop. Turn in excess gear for some sort of gear currency that can be used to purchase gear of your choice (on some sort of rotation or timegate of course). That way gear is rotated for gear with less impact in other areas, example selling for credits which can be used in multiple ways.

edit: One downside of either selling or trading in gear, is that it may impact how inclined players are to donate to guildmates. I am sure this will have less impact on strong guilds where it is in their best interest to help gear each other in order to progress. But I can see some impact on more casual guilds.
  • I'd like to keep the MK3 sensor arrays in there, but the others mentioned could go. I feel like there's always a need for the sensor arrays. They use 50 at a time.

The others can go. I have more than 1,600 MK5 keypads. And I have more than 1,500 of other purple gear as well. What I don't understand is why is it a purple gear? Even if I farm them from nodes, I can get them fairly easy. However, cuffs, another purple gear... I could spend 30 battles or 300 energy on them to be lucky to get 3-4 cuffs some times. Clearly all purple gear don't have the same drop rate. So why not make these super easy purple farms actually a blue farm? Speaking of that, there's some blue gear that is harder to farm than some purple gear. I don't get it.

Sorry for the little rant there... But yes, I feel this is asked for often. Bring back the selling option. Rotate some of the gear in challenges. Etc...
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Alternatively, instead of giving stun cuff and holo projector requirements to every new char, they give a purpose to the billions of mk5 keypads everybody has saved up.
  • As of today, 3/8/17, can you sell your unused or slightly enhanced MODS for something other than 1200? How do you set a price besides the default price? I see the MODS in the MOD store for emeralds. How do I set that price up?