New main squad advice

zhtd17
948 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hi, I'm a ftp level 70 running a team mixed between rebels, boba and Vader . I'm always in the top 50. My shard is full of wiggs and/or chaze teams. Im confused between 3 options: Vader, EP(soon unlocking him) or nihilus lead teams. My main concern is arena since it's the main source of gems. Please any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance

Replies

• E00N
    147 posts Member
    In long therm u can unlock ZETA challenge and switch to Maul(z) team with Vader, Boba, Palp.

Now u can switch to Palp(L) , TFP, Vader, Boba + any Tank (idealy Shore 3* or Baze 3*) U need ultra quick boba fast.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    That's great in this combination a need to only gear tfp up, but regarding the tank, I don't have acces to shore or baze, do you recommend RG or sith trooper with his retribution. Also I'm about to unlock sun fac, I don't know if he is viable
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    without auto/super fast taunt is your Palp dead against wiggs duo :/
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    That's sad
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    But do you think converting to a Vader lead and having a fast tfp would help in Tm reduction? Sorry I'm asking a lot of questions , but I really need a good strategy
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    That's great in this combination a need to only gear tfp up, but regarding the tank, I don't have acces to shore or baze, do you recommend RG or sith trooper with his retribution. Also I'm about to unlock sun fac, I don't know if he is viable

Sun fac is very effective and will help against some teams (Shore/Baze/STHan) but as noted you'll struggle on defense against Wiggs. RG is probably the best alternative to Shore/Baze. Also consider trying to farm Anakin or B2 who both do well against Wiggs since their first combo turn will provide either of them with full TM.

I don't think Death Trooper will work well with any of your leads. You have to have someone really fast on your team to make him work and without a lot of gear, which you won't have, he won't be that useful holding off the one shotters.

• zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »

Sun fac is very effective and will help against some teams (Shore/Baze/STHan) but as noted you'll struggle on defense against Wiggs. RG is probably the best alternative to Shore/Baze. Also consider trying to farm Anakin or B2 who both do well against Wiggs since their first combo turn will provide either of them with full TM

Do you think a Vader lead would help in Tm reduction? i.e: Vader (L) EP TFP B2 boba
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Vader can be leader but need very nice speed secondary and zeta.

Definitelly u must begin work on zeta materials as priority.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    Do you think a Vader lead would help in Tm reduction? i.e: Vader (L) EP TFP B2 boba

Vader is not a good leader until he has a Zeta on his leadership. You're quite a ways away from that. Meanwhile EP is plenty effective.

FWIW if you are able to get Raid Han he can help a lot. If you join a T7 pit raid guild you can get him unlocked relatively quickly. He'll help vs. non-Baze/Shore teams and B2/JKA will help against Baze/Shore teams.
  • RG is a good temporary tank until you get someone more substantial like Shoretrooper who can shield TFP for a good deal of time
  • Just make sure you jack up the protection % with your mods on RG
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Thank you all, I'll stop doing refreshes and save crystals for shore