Best tank for my team

I run a Boba (L) Vader TFP SF RG team and tomorrow I will unlock EP. Which one of RG SF or B2 tanks should I use in my team ? I don't have Shore or Baze, I know one of them would be ideal.

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    SF has dispel, so if you need to dispel then use him. If your team doesn't have issues with taunters (ie, your TFP is faster than their STH), then RG does provide a bit of a bonus due to empire synergy. And he can also stun, which is nice.

With TFP, I'd probably not use B2.
  • Thanks for the reply. While my TFP is usually the fastest (I don't atack teams with faster toons if I can help it ) I face sometimes teams with pretaunters so SF is very useful. But so are RGs stun and autotaunt. Probably until I face Chaze more often B2 is out. I like playing with 2 tanks but I don't see who I can take out to use both RG and SF.
  • Fives is a good tank
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    If you face a lot of wiggs teams in your shard of course a pretaunter is the ideal solution or your palp will eat the biggs triple molly whop 99% of the time. Unless you can make sf very fast then imo rg would be the better tank. If your palp survives the first barage then rg will be taunting right off the bat.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    If you face a lot of wiggs teams in your shard of course a pretaunter is the ideal solution or your palp will eat the biggs triple molly whop 99% of the time. Unless you can make sf very fast then imo rg would be the better tank. If your palp survives the first barage then rg will be taunting right off the bat.

Unfortunately while I would love to have a pretaunter currently i don't own one, while I own a 7* SF,a 6* B2 and a 6 * RG. Another possibility might be my 3* Sith Trooper, but I am kinda reluctant to replace a 6* or 7* toon with a 3* one. I also own a 7* SThan and a 5* SRP but the lack of synergy reduces their viability in this team. So I'll like to know the best solution from those somewhat limited options.
  • Fives is a good tank

True but I don't know how good he would be in this particular team.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Depending on the comp you're facing I'd suggest rg over sf, just play around a little and see what works best for you. I was 10 shards from unlocking shore so I saved up and eventually got him to 4* and I went from 60-90 in arena with rg to top 50 almost every day with shore. He's definitely worth the investment if you can save up the crystals, even at 3*.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    I like both SF and RG, but I prefer sun fac. Taunt with counter, self heal, and dispel. Great against pre-taunters, especially if the other team has AOE's.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    I like both SF and RG, but I prefer sun fac. Taunt with counter, self heal, and dispel. Great against pre-taunters, especially if the other team has AOE's.

He's not all that good against Biggs unless you give him 0 critical chance. Sf taunts, Biggs shoots him Sf counters and crits Biggs shoots him again gaining insane health and tm back, Sf counters and crits again...you get the point lol.

As I said just try them both out but I believe you'll find them situational.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    He's not all that good against Biggs unless you give him 0 critical chance. Sf taunts, Biggs shoots him Sf counters and crits Biggs shoots him again gaining insane health and tm back, Sf counters and crits again...you get the point lol.

If Sun Fac had 100% Crit Chance and 100% Counter Chance that would be amazing.
    However it's a 50% counter chance and around a 25% critical chance. (Depending on your mods)

Thus 1 out of 8 times he'll crit on a counter. Even if you got him up to 50% crit chance, that's still only 1 in 4.

SF is pretty much the counter to other tanks vs AOE teams... Baze, Shore, Fast STH, etc.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

If Sun Fac had 100% Crit Chance and 100% Counter Chance that would be amazing.
    However it's a 50% counter chance and around a 25% critical chance. (Depending on your mods)

Thus 1 out of 8 times he'll crit on a counter. Even if you got him up to 50% crit chance, that's still only 1 in 4.

SF is pretty much the counter to other tanks vs AOE teams... Baze, Shore, Fast STH, etc.

Actually had this situation happen in the arena today, my sf was about 3/4 health when Biggs shot the first time, sf counter and crit, refilling Biggs tm, Biggs actually got 4 turns in a row off of sf counter, the 4th killed my sf all I could do was say...wt...