Help me transition my Arena team...

evanbio
1505 posts Member
Quick Summary: F2P player in a HAAT completing guild currently running Rebels and wants to move to a new comp. Characters are here

For a bit more detail, I currently run Wedge (L), Biggs, StH, Lando, and QGJ for his dispell. I was able to stay in top 50 pretty comfortably, but am starting to drop more frequently to just below 50. Since that's a drop in the payouts, I'm looking to boost my lineup and head towards the next great team. I am F2P, so any betting on Chromiums or purchases are off the table. I can farm Zetas, and could even build one today, but not ready to invest. I'm 1 gear piece away from getting JE to G11, and then I'll be ready to switch my focus elsewhere. I got the rest of my droids to G11 for raid, and it just feels wrong to abandon poor JE at this point. If it matters, I can farm Shore and have him unlocked. I also have Baze unlocked.

I'm intrigued by a FO team, but I don't have any of those toons close to ready. I have all the Resistance toons unlcoked, but believe they are not a very good Arena team currently. And I don't have a ton of crazy speed mods, so I'd like to find something that doesn't rely on that solely for success.

My other thought is to go for an Empire/Sith team. I could get Boba ready and replace QGJ with him in the current lineup. Perhaps give him the first zeta. Then I could focus on a Zader/EP lead and add TFP. Perhaps keep Wiggs in the lineup for some damage (loses Lando). At that point, I could possibly add some combination of Maul/Sid. Does that sound reasonable? Any other thoughts? Should I just screw Sith at this point and try to get FO/Resistance ready for their boosts once the new movies come out?

Replies

• Unfortunately rebels are losing steam in arena, but with Chaze being farmable on the horizon it's possible that they may make a come back in the mid-term.

Droids really aren't going anywhere with all the new characters, so you might want to table JE even though he is so close to G11. I think that gear can go to someone better and be more impactful to your arena ranking.

Resistance is no slouch in arena and when played correctly can decimate teams on offense. However, they lack on defense as the AI doesn't play them correctly and the synergy of expose isn't property utilized.

zVader teams are heavily reliant on high speed secondaries for both Boba and TFP. If you have those pieces then certainly consider building around zVader. If you have several sith in the works, zMaul is doing fantastic right now and leading the meta report.

As for a zBoba.. he's usable in almost every team but I don't think the zeta will make or break his utility. Probably better to save them and determine which direction you'll ultimately go and then use the zeta accordingly