Is "Fives" Leader ability suppose to be a joke?

Camalus
217 posts Member
edited February 2016
No seriously, I find it laughable at best that they think I would use that leader ability over chewies, nobody cares cause nobody uses it... understandable

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Not yet. But in time there will be more Clones out, hopefully. And that may change things a lot. :)
  • 5s right now is a joke. He blows & I win all matches he is in
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Fives is decent. Low damage but very tanky and gets a very nice attack bonus on countering. But he'll only start shining once more Clones are released.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    You use chewy? As a leader? Seriously?
  • Baal wrote: »

He's probably early in the game still. Chewie was good until the damage got really crazy. I used to use him too
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    Baal wrote: »

He's probably early in the game still. Chewie was good until the damage got really crazy. I used to use him too

Agree. Early on, he does his job.

I do. What's wrong? Wookiee Resolve – All allies gain +50 Defense with a 50% chance to gain Defense Up for 2 turns when attacked. <- that's pretty darn good.

• ...but defense doesn't do anything in this game right now
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    I still use Chewie as leader for my GW B-sqad and he's doing fine.

@Baal: It's not wise to upset a Wookie. You know, they tend to pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they get angry ;)
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok so let's fix chewie so that his ability only works on smuggler allies. Problem solved.

I do. What's wrong? Wookiee Resolve – All allies gain +50 Defense with a 50% chance to gain Defense Up for 2 turns when attacked. <- that's pretty darn good.

His leadership ability is pretty awesome, I admit, but he's really only good when you're manually controlling the battle, and once you hit mid-late game, he starts to lag behind because of his taunt.

When you can choose when to taunt he can be great, but the problem once you hit higher levels is that you pretty much only taunt when you want him to die instead of another toon, so you hold onto his taunt... Until he dies, you're pretty much left with a slow, low-damage, high-hp attacker with a self heal.
    Sub in a healer or high DPS toon and you'll never have need of a taunt.

I had thought about asking people to stop using him in GW, but I decided not to... It makes things much easier for me when I see him on the other team, especially as the leader. At that point, I'm pretty much fighting against 4 toons that don't have a threatening leadership ability. The defense is nice, but my team does enough damage that it doesn't make much of a difference, :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

As far as we know, that means when a droid powered by poggle hit you for 9500, you receive "only" 9450.
  • I always attack any team I see in arena with a Chewie leader regardless of their power. It's a 4v5 fight in my favor. Makes me happy in GW as well haha
  • Triqui wrote: »

As far as we know, that means when a droid powered by poggle hit you for 9500, you receive "only" 9450.

Spurious assumption
    Roger roger
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

Spurious assumption

Based in the skill description. And casual observation: you do roughly the same damage to "toughest" units with high armor, as Fives, or one with low armor like poggle. The difference is how many HP they have, not the damage they take. And moving Chewie from leader to regular squad doesn't seem to affect the damage received in a significative amount
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry wasnt able to repIy I have no idea how I'm logged in here, on my tablet I use both EA accounts I have and neither log in here with my main account name, lol, ok whatever, just trying not to double post. I use chewies leader ability with my ace squad cause its all I got for decent leadership atm, currently all light side, but on the dark side I'm working up my full first order team, just cantina farmed Kylo ren last night to finish w00t, but at the moment I currently need every bit of chewies leader ability I can get, I cant imagine switching to fives for one clone ally. They would need to bring in 3 more clones just to match two thirds of chewies leadership ability.

Edit: Also my goal with the full first order team is to show how much actual "Random Ally Assists" you can achieve with 36% phasma ability, hopefully soon I can post some vids of that in action, because there seems to be much more "random" ally assists in arena than I get with a full first order team when people have (usually) zero first order allies.