Could Plo Koon help against Zaul Meta?

I'll be doing a pros and cons of Plo Lead. The characters I am comparing him to are in the current Meta: Maul (obviously), Kylo, Sidious, EP, and Nihilus.

Pro:
- He's the only lead that can actively work against stealth, and at max it's 55% chance at the start of each ally's turn.
- His dispel works great on a soft tank like Kylo, killing his retribution, as well as potentially any other buff.
- He has a turn meter boost, giving allies 25% turn meter, doubled if Clone or Jedi.
- Plo has a higher base speed than Maul, by 14 speed.
- Plo has 18640 HP, more base health than Maul, Sidious, and EP. He also has more protection than these three.
- Plo's Basic attack hits for more than Maul, Kylo and Sidious.
Con:
- Maul as lead does offer a 20% turn meter boost to all Sith allies, despite Plo Koon being faster.
- 55% chance is rather low when compared to the percentages of other abilities, meaning that you will not always be able to start hammering away at a Sith. Not to mention, any critical hit or evade will trigger them back into hiding.
- Nihilus does more base damage on basic than Plo Koon
- Nihilus has more HP and Protection than Plo
- EP, Sidious, Kylo, and Nihilus all have more speed than him.

In case you were curious, the purpose of this post was to see what the general public thinks about Plo and to see if anyone has tested the theory. I would if I could, but I've spent my last credit leveling Sith Trooper and gearing him. Because on paper is one thing, and in game is another, as we all are painfully aware of.

Replies

• B2 is your answer as he fits into any team and rips all the sith out of stealth with the possibility of keeping them from hiding for 2 turns
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    His leader ability is also only level 7. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a zeta in the next Jedi pass.
  • I have a maxed Plo and I have tried using him in leadership instead of my Rex for this rising Maul meta, but yeah the speed isn't the issue as much as the 55%. With arena battles ending quite fast, relying on something as unreliable as a 55% offense up/stealth dispel just isn't bringing in consistency. Plo could also use a stat boost, for a "tank" character, his health pool and damage is rather lacking.
  • I don't think he can the issue with zaul is the turn meeter gain on evasion not the stealth. Playing wack'amo isn't good but removing stealth only works until they gain it again...with AOE... so I doubt he works
  • angrythumbs
    334 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    he can. a top guy on my shard usually runs clones vs zaul but posted several videos of an undergeared but maxed leader ability plo routinely beating zaul leads. i think the supporting cast was non jedi though. and yes, the zaul teams he faced were maxed
  • he can. a top guy on my shard usually runs clones vs zaul but posted several videos of an undergeared but maxed leader ability plo routinely beating zaul leads. i think the supporting cast was non jedi though. and yes, the zaul teams he faced were maxed
    Well, it's good to see some positivity in the thread. :smile:
  • Im levelling Plo for republic fleet anyhow, seems interested, will try ir out. A Zeta for plo yo directly challenge Maul would be lovely!