Is Dooku worth giving a Zeta to?

NinFang
60 posts Member
His Zeta looks pretty powerful to me, but i have barely seen anyone zeta it. I already have Zeta Maul and Vader. I run both teams in arena. Switching when i need too. Should i Zeta Dooku for my Zaul team or is it not worth it ? other candidates, are QGJ or Yoda, my Jedi are at gear 11 so i want to get them zeta'd as well. Last option is Kylo Ren, his Zeta seems amazing but i don't have any other FO toons maxed out (except Phasma) .. Is he any good in other squads ?

What should i do?

Replies

• Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    Definitely a no. Dooku is only good in lower shards (new arena shards). I would highly recommend zSavage if you run zaul, but if you aren't close to him, zKylo is a beast. I would choose between those 2 (zSavage before kylo if both are equal gear/ star)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Dooku is only really viable under nihilus lead. And in that scenerio, his zeta wont be needed.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    His zeta probably isn't worth it. Kylo works with pretty much any team now. I'd use it on him. Or just use it on QGJ if you want to have a viable jedi squad.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Definitely a no. Dooku is only good in lower shards (new arena shards). I would highly recommend zSavage if you run zaul, but if you aren't close to him, zKylo is a beast. I would choose between those 2 (zSavage before kylo if both are equal gear/ star)

I think you missed the recent rework Dooku got. He is a lot better than he used to be, and I think is arena viable under either Zaul or Nihilus lead. I could also see him potentially working under an EP lead, EP doesn't care where someone's shock came from, he will get turn meter regardless. Obviously there is no point in putting a protection recovery zeta on him and using him under Nihilus, but otherwise it would be strong, and would make him very useful in GW.
  • Only if you've already zeta'd other staple characters like kylo, QGJ, Vader, Maul, etc
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    Tjbear02 wrote: »

I think you missed the recent rework Dooku got. He is a lot better than he used to be, and I think is arena viable under either Zaul or Nihilus lead. I could also see him potentially working under an EP lead, EP doesn't care where someone's shock came from, he will get turn meter regardless. Obviously there is no point in putting a protection recovery zeta on him and using him under Nihilus, but otherwise it would be strong, and would make him very useful in GW.

Lol I definitely did not miss the recent rework. He is still very underwhelming, especially if you want to be in top 10 arena. At least 5 out of 10 teams in top 10 are Zaul, unless your arena shard is just not very competitive (lucky shard). Dooku is useless against: Daze, stun; which, happens to be 99% of the top 20 in fact, since almost every team has Zaul and/or EP teams. So, yeah, don't go dooku. If you don't believe me, I am in a December 2015 shard, and here is my swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/tjbear/
    As I said, I definitely would not recommend dooku unless you want a top 20 to top 50 worthy team. Go zSavage under Zaul lead for top 10 worthy; in other words, go for a team like this: Zaul, Nihilus, zSavage, Sith Assassin, Sith trooper. Instead of Sith trooper, you can always replace him with Kylo, B2, GK (although GK would kind of make zSavage useless, as GK puts Crit immunity on him), or some other tank like SF. You can also use EP as the 5th spot, but I would not recommend that, as 5 siths on a team is quite risky, since if all sith are stealthed, it is kind of pointless, since it is as if none are stealthed (you can attack any of them, just can't crit on them since Zaul grants crit immunity if they are in stealth).
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Is an extra 15% damage + a turn of crit immunity under a Nihilus lead worth losing that 10% protection recovery? I'm curious myself, especially since under Nihilus he's getting back more health than he would protection under someone else (100%-150% health steal > 10% protection recovery. Is that extra damage and survivability worth a zeta?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Maybe if he cleansed a random debuff or gained tenacity instead of protection
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Dooku is only really viable under nihilus lead. And in that scenerio, his zeta wont be needed.

Best answer in my opinion
  • DatBoi wrote: »

100% agree with this.

Before I got Nihilus to 7*, Dooku was collecting dust in my collection. After using DN as my lead, he is a legend. Otherwise yeah ... don't bother

• Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

100% agree with this.

Before I got Nihilus to 7*, Dooku was collecting dust in my collection. After using DN as my lead, he is a legend. Otherwise yeah ... don't bother

What's your swgoh.gg? Just curious on your team and what not
  • Here you go (I only sync'd recently so arena data is limited)

https://swgoh.gg/u/douuuuche/
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    Here you go (I only sync'd recently so arena data is limited)

https://swgoh.gg/u/douuuuche/

Ah makes sense why nihilus lead works for ya. You are on a young shard my friend :). I'd recommend switching to zaul once you get zetas.
  • Sorry for necroing this threat. But he could be now, using the DocDooku-Strategie in TW and raids...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I have a Dooku Zeta

One of my biggest zeta regrets in the game
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Can we just make a new thread next time instead???

But I've never heard of DocDooku
  • Whats a DocDooku?
    And forget Dooku. I auto attack anything that has a Dooku in it, because he just doesnt matter. Occasionally stun, ok, somewhat annoying, but he does zero damage attacking, zero damage countering, and dies to 2 big hits.
  • I imagine a DocDooku is him under a traya lead, meaning every time he attacks he'll most probably heal the entire team (Sith recover 10% health when a debuffed enemy takes damage)
  • He's not very good. Even with a Zeta.

If you have Zetas filling your pocket up with nowhere else to stick them and you fancy it then go for it. If to you they're scarce, then most definitely not.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I have a Dooku Zeta

One of my biggest zeta regrets in the game
    Agree.
    I have roughly 30 zetas and this one is probably my biggest regret.
  • I imagine a DocDooku is him under a traya lead, meaning every time he attacks he'll most probably heal the entire team (Sith recover 10% health when a debuffed enemy takes damage)

Thats actually very smart. Nice that you were able to figure it out.
    As for the tactic, I doubt that would actually be worth it, group heals are generally not so powerful, since like the introduction of CLS, with his heal unrrsisteble heal immunity. (plzs more and more people add JKA to the lineup with it on his basic..)

Thats actually very smart. Nice that you were able to figure it out.
    As for the tactic, I doubt that would actually be worth it, group heals are generally not so powerful, since like the introduction of CLS, with his heal unrrsisteble heal immunity. (plzs more and more people add JKA to the lineup with it on his basic..)

CLS doesn't inflict heal immunity....?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • He heals like a beast under traya . Just watch the vids .
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Even at max health he is very easy to kill due to low health pool (all meta teams have one attacker that can deal enough damage to take him out such as Ezra, GMY, Sion, Traya, Vader, JTR, Han Solo / CLS etc). Traya lead heals aren't that big compared to Darth Nihilus lead. If enemy runs Traya lead then he'll be losing more health than healing (35% of health) + Traya can apply Daze on basic (preventing counters and heals) and Emperor can apply shock (preventing heals).
  • He is in no way metaready. But could be a valuable asset in GW and TW..
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Even at max health he is very easy to kill due to low health pool (all meta teams have one attacker that can deal enough damage to take him out such as Ezra, GMY, Sion, Traya, Vader, JTR, Han Solo / CLS etc). Traya lead heals aren't that big compared to Darth Nihilus lead. If enemy runs Traya lead then he'll be losing more health than healing (35% of health) + Traya can apply Daze on basic (preventing counters and heals) and Emperor can apply shock (preventing heals).

If we are going to make up situations to meet our arguments needs can my dooku under traya lead have a tank lol and if the opponent is running trays lead chances are there will be 0 GMY ,Ezra ,JTR, Han Solo ,CLS.
    You can't run every meta together.
    Pointing out the counters of which there are many to many different characters doesn't stop the fact under a traya lead he can heal well.

I pick off NS teams in arena with my imps doesn't mean there crap.

And if you can beat dooku speed and one shot him before a taunt or a stun then fair play to you.
  • To summarise this thread- are you out of your mind? :smiley:
  • He is useful in a TW defense team to counter the Thrawn-Magma Traya killer team. But no, he is not worth a zeta.
  • But yeah don't zeta him