Disappointment of Crystal Shipments

Prev1
So according to the new character release cadence, a toon will end up in one of the following locations:

•Shipment
•Hard Node
•Cantina Node

Sounds solid right? Finally! We get some more GW, arena, and maybe even cantina shipment characters! Amazing news! But nope...

If we all are honest with ourselves, the developers will most likely out these toons into crystal shipments, or hard nodes. Cantina Node might happen if we're lucky or if the toon is bad. I think it's safe to say we would be in paradise if a toon was added to Cantina/Arena/GW, ect. Shipments.

Okay, so with that out of the way, I want to focus on Shoretrooper:

Shoretrooper shards have now been added to the Military Might Event! And he's in a hard node! Since he's farmable and rewarded in a bimonthly event, he must be 50 crystals per shard, right? Wrong. Still 80 per shard.

I get that this is a freemium game and all, I'm just disappointed in the crystal shipments. In a way, we never left the Chromium/Shipment Stage of the game.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Don't forget bistan who is in fleet shipments and is also 80 crystals a shard in pve shipments.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Don't forget bistan who is in fleet shipments and is also 80 crystals a shard in pve shipments.

Wow. He's farmable in Fleet Shipments, why 80 per shard in Crystal shipments?
  • Never seen bistan in anything but fleet shipments. Only shore and baze in regulate shipments for me
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Never seen bistan in crystal shipments either - fleet only. Did he get added to them this evening?
  • Chirrut just showed up for 80 crystals each for me. Is that new?
    Can't afford it anyway while leveling, just wanted to know.
  • Yes, both are new additions
  • Jyn showed up for me. This is what we were told. 6-8 weeks move to a premium location i.e. Crystal shipments and chromium, then 6-8 weeks farmable. I know you guys are on the forums plenty enough to know this, so are you complaining just to complain
  • Character shards are usually 80 crystals for some time after they become farmable. But with all the Rogue One toons going into the crystal shipments I really hope that isn't the only place they meant when they said shipments.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Is Shore still showing up for 80 per shard?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Is Shore still showing up for 80 per shard?

Yes
  • I'm pretty sure it's 4-6 weeks in each of the two locations, not 6-8. The total was 2-3 months, not 3-4 months.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's 4-6 weeks in each of the two locations, not 6-8. The total was 2-3 months, not 3-4 months.

You're correct.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    I'm disappointed that it looks like the only way to get these "new" characters is to purchase more credits. I sincerely hope they add characters to cantina, GW, arena, shard shop, fleet store, guild store. Keeping a toon exclusively in shipments for crystals??? Not much need for interpretation there; Ea wants us to buy these characters, not earn them through daily achievements. I do appreciate seeing Maul in the guild store, shard shop, and fleet store. I also see he is rotated into shipments, too, and I've actually won a few single shards when I completed GW. I could probably farm Rex the same way, and that's great, but both of these toons are as old as the game. Give us f2p and light spenders a little more. It has been far too long since the last toon was added to one of the "free" locations... Leia maybe? Even if you raised the cost of a toon in these locations from 400 to 650, you'd still make us happy.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    Crystals are just very slow farming. I am F2P, but make a small daily profit in crystals after spending 100/day on two refreshes. I spend that slowly built stash on characters I cannot otherwise farm. These are always 80/shard characters.
  • scuba wrote: »

Wow. He's farmable in Fleet Shipments, why 80 per shard in Crystal shipments?

Probably oversight tbh. Kit Fisto was left at 80 per for months after he went to a Cantina node before it was finally fixed.

I don't think the "for crystal shipments" are the final destination when they talk about being moved to nodes/shipments. Baze will eventually cycle out of that when he enters a node or other store. He'll probably have a longer time in there than Krennic/Deathtrooper will, because he's amazing and they arent. Like how Rex and Sun Fac stayed in shipments longer.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Easybee wrote: »
    Crystals are just very slow farming. I am F2P, but make a small daily profit in crystals after spending 100/day on two refreshes. I spend that slowly built stash on characters I cannot otherwise farm. These are always 80/shard characters.

The problem is with the "slow farming." I have simmed the six battles for FOTP every day for three months. I do it the first moment I log in each day. It takes care of my LS battles and hard battles. I am still under five stars. I can only imagine, if I were f2p, saving crystals from dailies, it would take even longer to farm these shipment dropped characters. It isn't viable for f2p. But cantina store, GW, arena store, even fleet store- these are f2p viable. And besides fleet store (which, come on, if you aren't using that primarily to purchase zetas, what are you doing?), these other places haven't seen a new toon in months.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Yesac wrote: »
    Even if you raised the cost of a toon in these locations from 400 to 650, you'd still make us happy.

Please don't give them any ideas...
  • Was finally able to unlock Baze and Chirrut thanks to the change to crystal shipments. Getting them to 7* on the other hand is going to have to wait.
  • Shipments is a shipment...are we surprised here? They did exactly what we expected them to do, it was this or a 9 hard node. Give it a couple months and they'll show up in other places. F2P means patience, there was no way you were gonna get these easily or quickly.
  • Shipments is a shipment...are we surprised here? They did exactly what we expected them to do, it was this or a 9 hard node. Give it a couple months and they'll show up in other places. F2P means patience, there was no way you were gonna get these easily or quickly.

Quickly is the last thing I expected lol, but to be fair, a fourth of a year is a while.
  • Yesac wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that it looks like the only way to get these "new" characters is to purchase more credits. I sincerely hope they add characters to cantina, GW, arena, shard shop, fleet store, guild store. Keeping a toon exclusively in shipments for crystals??? Not much need for interpretation there; Ea wants us to buy these characters, not earn them through daily achievements. I do appreciate seeing Maul in the guild store, shard shop, and fleet store. I also see he is rotated into shipments, too, and I've actually won a few single shards when I completed GW. I could probably farm Rex the same way, and that's great, but both of these toons are as old as the game. Give us f2p and light spenders a little more. It has been far too long since the last toon was added to one of the "free" locations... Leia maybe? Even if you raised the cost of a toon in these locations from 400 to 650, you'd still make us happy.

F2P has plenty of characters available. Keep premium toons premium. If you get everything the p2p get, then you won't be able to post on here how you are F2P and 1st in arena
  • Yesac wrote: »

F2P has plenty of characters available. Keep premium toons premium. If you get everything the p2p get, then you won't be able to post on here how you are F2P and 1st in arena

There will be more toons added FYI
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member

Like 90% of everyone, I got Sid from arena shipments. It took a while, but I got 10 shards every day for 33 days. I knew exactly when I would have him 7*. And he was a "new" toon. If EA is going to release tons of new toons, why can't they put one in a f2p location? Does every new toon have to be p2p exclusive? The game certainly didn't start out like that.

Luckily I have been playing over a year and I have a decent inventory, but I'd like a little more access to newer toons. And I'm not f2p. I spend about 50 a month, not yet regrettably.
  • I keep hearing that all you need is gear to make these characters arena viable, that stars only matter if you want to use them in higher-level content like raids or possibly future special events. Since none of the new characters are really needed in that content, does it really matter if you get more stars? You don't need them, right?
  • I keep hearing that all you need is gear to make these characters arena viable, that stars only matter if you want to use them in higher-level content like raids or possibly future special events. Since none of the new characters are really needed in that content, does it really matter if you get more stars? You don't need them, right?

Being able to unlock them would be nice
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Re: does it matter if they are 7*
    I'm a bit OCD about this. I like my characters to be maxed level and stars. I do run a 3* Shore for his bullseye. But you can't run them in heroic raids if they aren't.

Being able to unlock them would be nice

Can't argue with that. I would like a Jyn & Chirrut of my own as well.
  • Wait Can Anyone Confirm(ScreenShot) if Shore Trooper is still in the shipments? Because He's no longer showing up for me at all. Plus his Character information under the find option no longer shows him available in the shipments? just Chromium and the one hardmode node
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    calabos1 wrote: »
    Wait Can Anyone Confirm(ScreenShot) if Shore Trooper is still in the shipments? Because He's no longer showing up for me at all. Plus his Character information under the find option no longer shows him available in the shipments? just Chromium and the one hardmode node

I bought an 8pack this morning. So he's there. But now all the other Rogue One characters are there so he might show up less. Which sux because I'm only 3 shards from making him 6-star.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    calabos1 wrote: »
    Wait Can Anyone Confirm(ScreenShot) if Shore Trooper is still in the shipments? Because He's no longer showing up for me at all. Plus his Character information under the find option no longer shows him available in the shipments? just Chromium and the one hardmode node

I bought an 8pack this morning. So he's there. But now all the other Rogue One characters are there so he might show up less. Which sux because I'm only 3 shards from making him 6-star.

Exactly i'm so close to Finishing him upa nd I was worried he wasnt there anymore, especially since his find info doesnt show him up there anymore