Anyone underwhelmed by nihilus?

Olga
1333 posts Member
Just fought a 7* G11 Nihilus on GW. Didn't seem very scary at all.
Zeta Maul (L)
Vader
EP
Zeta Kylo
Nihilus

All 7* G11, Kylo was by far the strongest, Nihilus seemed like an ant.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I'm guessing you had TM leftover from a previous node? In which case you could probably buff yourself and keep the Zaul team from going off on you. Nihilus works great if he can get his Drain Force in BEFORE you get to go. Otherwise you've already got the upper hand, he's certainly not gonna be the hardest person to fight in GW.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Nihlus is a beast, gw is easy if you have a decent team. Arena is tough when palp Vader and nihlus move before you and cripple your opening.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    It took me a couple of squads to beat the node, but overall Kylo was hardest. I started with EP (L), TFP, RG, Shore, Vader. Rotated some stuns and ability blocks to kill Maul and EP, then I used a rebel squad to finish the last 3. Kylo really needs to be stunned or ability blocked to make him easier to kill.
  • I run zaul, nihilus, Palp, Kenobi, zylo. my nihilis is 228 speed under zaul, so the nihilus Palp opening is really. brutal.
  • Wait till you fight a DN in arena that knows how to arrange speed correctly. All those red dots are all your specials being **** away leaving you with basics to start.
  • Faced a similar team except mine had baze instead of Vader. Hiding behind the pre taunt made it difficult to deal with him.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Yeah I think this one was a bit slow, because my guys went first and by the time he drained CDs, I'd already used the ones I needed
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Yeah I think this one was a bit slow, because my guys went first and by the time he drained CDs, I'd already used the ones I needed

Plus it was GW so you almost certainly had extra TM from previous fights when you went in, which makes fights against characters that are most effective with certain abilities being used before yours a hell of a lot easier lol. It's a lot harder to get all of your characters to get all their specials in before Nihilus under a Zaul lead in arena matches.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I fight a fully maxed nihilus everyday. Zeta Maul lead. Ep, nihilus, baze, chirutt. He has good Mods also. From my view he is good. Hard to beat consistently. If rng is against me , his team holds. That's about all you can ask for on defense against good teams.
  • Nihilus is basically a slightly different Boba Fett. They both have a dispel, an AOE ability block, and a one hit kill shot. Nihilus is overall better at all of them, but he doesn't get to ignore taunts or self revive, and his kill shot starts on a cooldown. And he has a Sith tag, which lets him work better with EP, Vader, Maul, and his own leads.
  • DN? Luv 'im to bits.
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    If you want to know how your arena squad fares against the node 11/12 GW squads, you have to not use them in any prior nodes. Otherwise, you'll win the speed game that you might have otherwise lost.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Try using dooku under nihilus lead. You wont be disappointed
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Try using dooku under nihilus lead. You wont be disappointed

AKA the Cancer of GW
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    he is just stupid BUT he isnt the problem Zaul is

the 20% TM at the start of the fight means 90% of sith are untouchable by most toons even with good speed

meaning even with average mods nih gets to move and put most of your team on cooldown and then its over
  • If he's under zmaul he's amazing. And if you make the mistake of leaving him alive too long you will lose
  • JKRoar
    10 posts Member
    Nihilus is a monster. You can consistently negate all buffs on a character (GK, Chaze), essentially ability block, and instantly kill a character who can change a game - aka Zeta Kylo
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    I agree so far. I've faced a few in Arena with teams that are otherwise top notch, and won all (3 or 4) encounters. I have a standard Vaderz team. In one battle, Nihilus did his drain 2 times, finished last man standing, then died. He's certainly more tanky that I thought he would be.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Nope love my G11 nihilus but he is super slow and untill the RNG gods grace me with good Speed secondary mods he has to be my GW king and not in my arena.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i think he's a little squishy right now. seems his strong point is as lead. plus i have a friend who told me i'm missing part of the equation, maul.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »
    i think he's a little squishy right now. seems his strong point is as lead. plus i have a friend who told me i'm missing part of the equation, maul.

At g11, 3* Nihilus has more health+protection than my 7* g11 Palp. He's only squishy if he's not geared well.

With a Zaul lead and speed mods he is arena-viable. I run him on a Nov. '15 shard at 3*.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*