Guild disbanding confusion

IG75
26 posts Member
Hi guys,

I am (was) part of a guild up until this morning.

I got an email from the guild leader, who I know outside the game - but lives in another part of the world. So, I don't know them well though.

The email from the leader said that EA had taken away their Guild Leader privileges for thirty days due to to many hits on the profanity filter.

As a result, the entire member list no longer belongs to the guild and are all now solo players again.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? I was the second in charge of the guild BTW.

Is this even a thing? Or did the guild leader decide to do a runner, killing off the guild in the process?

None of the members (including myself) got any messages regarding this in the notification box. I only first realised something was up when the chat box no longer existed (and about two hours later getting an email from the leader).

FWIW - the leader didn't even use much profanity. Most of the time the filter woul mis-trigger on words like 'blow' as in 'blow up', 'assist', 'circumvent', etc...

Replies

• -49 members
    -tiers 6&7 raid
    -launch time 2:30 pacific time
    -launch every 2 days
    -3 officers
    -levels 80 80 85
    -leader level 85
    -active on discord
    -level requirement 75
    We welcome you and would love to have you message me or add my by ally code
    857 623 755
    DarthVaper
  • Hey how you doing you looking to join a great guild ? Everyone's is active in chat on discord and in game we'd love to have you what's your level ?
    DarthVaper
  • DarthVaper
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Anyone else? (As far as the original question goes?)
  • I have never listen something like that. I believe your leader had not want to play anymore but you can ask @EA_Jesse . If you have contact with your mates you could make a new guild. Good luck.
  • Well was anyone arguing because one of my officers like a month ago threw a fit and kicked every single member and left
    DarthVaper
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    It's funny as I started a new guild and most of the members have come back, I invited the previous guild leader and she say she is unable to join still.

@Darthsuga - Nope no arguments going on at all. We are a tight knit bunch who all know each other from other places.
  • Hmm that's odd best of luck on your rebuild
    DarthVaper
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Tried asking @EA_Jesse about this on the same day as the OP. Nothing...
  • IG75 wrote: »
    It's funny as I started a new guild and most of the members have come back, I invited the previous guild leader and she say she is unable to join still.

@Darthsuga - Nope no arguments going on at all. We are a tight knit bunch who all know each other from other places.

I can't imagine it's due to the profanity filter. Sounds like a **** excuse for a ban.
  • So what's going on with your guild now ?
    DarthVaper
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Darthsuga wrote: »
    So what's going on with your guild now ?

Not a huge amount. Apart from the friendly banter in the chat, guilds seem to be a bit of a waste of time and really offer little benefit. That's my personal view anyway.

Seems that you spend more time chasing daily targets than actually working to improve the characters. Since the guild was ripped apart for no apparent reason, my characters have vastly improved.
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    What do you know. Turns out she is a lying ****.

Did some name changes and invited her to the new clan. Whadda ya know, she joined our clan (unbeknownst to her). Suddenly this 30 ban has been magically lifted.

Still confused as to by we didn't get messages about the disbandenment. Oh well. One mystery solved.
  • If u r looking for a new guild and is a daily lvl85 who want to do HAAT let me know my ally code is 619-565-392 we don't have that sort of crap going on lol
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Haha. Thanks man. We'll see how it goes.

Tell you what, pretty funny with her back in our own clan. She doesn't suspect a thing. We all have new names.

Funniest day we have had in ages.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Lol! Please keep everyone updated on how your former guild leader is enjoying her new/old guild :-)
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    She loves us. Best guild she has ever been in :P
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    We even talk Klingon! ROFL!