If our best-ever arena rank is going to be a part of GW, we need account deletion ability

Word is getting around here that GW matchmaking uses mainly your best arena ranking and your strongest squad of five, but here is the link anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5

It doesn't even matter what else goes into the formula if something non-representative of my ability, permanent and completely out of my control is any part of it. The only true remedy I have is starting over.

How can I do this? As far as I know, your save is tied to your device ID and Google or Apple account, which are not convenient to change. There is Facebook Connect, so perhaps you could use another device to make a new account and link it to that, then sync to that Facebook account on your primary device? Would that work? Or maybe you just have to contact support.

I really don't want to start over, because I have been playing for more than two months using all energy and challenges every day and even spent some cash. So I guess I am hoping they announce a change before I pull the trigger on this. I am trying to decide how long I should wait before giving up hope. The next update? They could update the formula anytime without a real patch, we just would not know unless they told us.

Replies

• If it is any help, I've placed 2nd a couple times (consistently in the top 20), and failed GW exactly twice, with a streak running now since the day after the GW retreat changes (my other loss was day 2, before I knew about retreating - back when smart retreating guaranteed a win). Several opponents are many levels higher than my player level (64), but remain doable with my deep bench.

It helps, I'll admit, that I'm in about $1500, with 7-star Leia, Ben, Maul and other ptw goodies.

My main squad though (barris lead plus Kylo/Poe/Leia/Rey) is the workhorse team, and would be similarly powerful with the ftp Poggle replacing Leia. I've finished GW with just these 5, plus one swap in of Luminara for heals.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I used to complete GW every single day for the past two weeks until two days ago when I achieved rank 1 for the first time. Since then all my opponents are at least a few levels higher than my main squad and with gear 7/8 plus more stars too. With this system that saves ur rank permanently there is no way to undo ur highest rank, so either accept that u can't complete GW daily or delete ur account and start afresh.
  • TheRenegade
    256 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have achieved ranked 1 a couple of times and yet I have yet to fail in GW since the update and the last week or so has been a breeze. And i dont even have most of the top tier characters like QGJ, FOTP, GS, Leia, or Barris.....
  • ShadowHound
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Reyia wrote: »
    I used to complete GW every single day for the past two weeks until two days ago when I achieved rank 1 for the first time. Since then all my opponents are at least a few levels higher than my main squad and with gear 7/8 plus more stars too. With this system that saves ur rank permanently there is no way to undo ur highest rank, so either accept that u can't complete GW daily or delete ur account and start afresh.

This is exactly what happened to me, I achieved rank 1 two days ago and since I'm not able to finish GW (I usually finish it everyday). Now my opponents are waaaay stronger than me, starting from battle 2. This needs to stop or I will...and ask for a refund.

Never sought I would QQ here, because I love this game. But the **** is stacking now, between the gambling system (in other games, when you spend money, you know what you are spending it for, in this game, when you buy a 8 chromium pack you could just get royal guard stormtrooper and other **** chars, you don't get to decide) and now this **** about GW...
  • I am not sure this is accurate because I got my best ever arena rank yesterday (108) but my GW today was pretty easy it's been harder when 300 was my best ever rank.
  • I am not sure this is accurate because I got my best ever arena rank yesterday (108) but my GW today was pretty easy it's been harder when 300 was my best ever rank.

I think the difficulty is exponential when you get to the top 3 or somthing like that. Before I reached rank 1 my highest was 8, GW was difficult but doable (with Canon fodder and several retreats). Now it's just plain impossible.
  • Please remember that each individual's experiences are still anecdotal and not representative of the whole.
  • Please remember that each individual's experiences are still anecdotal and not representative of the whole.

Yeah I know that I'm a mathematician, i'll give it 7 more days, if I fail systematically, no way this is "bad luck", cause the probability would be so low knowing that I have a 55 GW streak.
  • just had node 6 destroy my c, b, and a squad. My top guys are 4 star with 6ish gear and lvl 55, went up against 2 7*, 3 6*, all purp gear and lvl 65...

the day beforw i beat GW.....
  • All i know is i am only into my 4th round today and have not been able to beat it....even sacrificing. **** phasma ldr ability procs too **** much for ai. I lose two 7* toons before i get a turn. ****.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Please remember that each individual's experiences are still anecdotal and not representative of the whole.

Yeah I know that I'm a mathematician, i'll give it 7 more days, if I fail systematically, no way this is "bad luck", cause the probability would be so low knowing that I have a 55 GW streak.

If you are a mathemathician, you know that probsbility being los, and something being impossible, are two different beasts. Otherwise, nobody would win the jackoot, ever.
  • I'm almost certain that arena ranking has nothing to do with galactic war, I've finished 1st a lot and always high and it has never bothered me. I just think it's random tbh
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm really not convinced arena rank makes much of a difference, I've completed it every day since the retreat change whether I've been 1st or 4th at the time.

Also, it's well known that from 55-58 GW seems ridiculously difficult but once you get to 59-60 it does become easier.
  • I'm level 67, I've only gotten to around 84 as my highest rank yet I still go up against full 7 star level 70 teams by round 7 at the latest, today it was round 6. So if I'm getting a fully maxed team on round 6 as a f2p player that's never ranked anywhere high, this theory of arena rank determining your GW is totally wrong.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Please remember that each individual's experiences are still anecdotal and not representative of the whole.

This needs to be repeated.

I'm hovering between top 30-top 5 depending on how much time and energy I have to play. I find that GW difficulty varies a lot anyway.

Sometimes it's a breeze, sometimes I struggle. Sometimes the struggles line up with the arena rank. Sometimes they don't.

Asking developers for an option to delete your account because of a hunch you have, is just a little over the top in my humble opinion.

Ok, it's a lot over the top. It's silly.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Come on started over again would be the same . You will end up the same. Why not adapt the change and try get 800tokenS.
    I got stucked in 10th battle . From 5-9 battle every battle is epic 6-7stars , full purple 1-2 below mine. If I spent More time on it I might completed the GW but that was too much time consuming.
  • Triqui wrote: »

If you are a mathemathician, you know that probsbility being los, and something being impossible, are two different beasts. Otherwise, nobody would win the jackoot, ever.

This is why I said that the probability is very low never said it was impossible.

I don't want to play a game where the probability of winning is the same as winning the lottery...several times in a row.

I know I'm exaggerating, but this **** is frustrating.

• My anecdotal data: my wife usually hovers in the 40-50s in Arena, yet her GW is significantly more challenging than mine. She slipped into rank 19 the other day, and her GW afterwards was actually easier than normal. The day after I placed 8th, my difficulty spiked and I lost after a 20+ win steak at GW...but recently I got up to Rank 3, and am still reliably clearing my GW after a two-day shut out.

So from this data, I'm forced to conclude that arena rating has no significant impact on your GW difficulty, although there may be a correlation (in that if you finally get the power to muscle into the top 10, you likely also have the power to get matched against more whales in GW).
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Hey guys, sorry for the noobish question, but is the implication that a lower Arena rank means an easier GW? Or vice versa?

My Arena rank has been the exact same for the past three weeks. I start the day somewhere between 55-70, do my battles and finish between 30-45. Every day. Accordingly, GW has felt easier in that stretch.

Does this imply that there is a significant difference in GW difficulty based on you Arena Rank throughout the day? Does anyone purposely play GW when they're at their lowest Arena rank to any significant degree of success?
  • I've finished #1 a couple of times and it hasn't impacted my GW. Time has though, it's harder now than a couple of weeks ago.
  • i'd be surprised if both of them were linked

i've been top 15 (mostly top 10) for so many weeks now and GW has never been a big issue for me. Yes it gets harder with time, as I level up, but my pvp rank has always been high
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    You can create as many accounts as you want, just bind it to a new google acc and a new guest will be created on your device.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    No guys the galactic wars is based on the squad power of your last arena win! Aka mine is 22,900. I beat my last daily battle at 18,400 squad power yesterday to try it out. The first time ive ever beaten galactic wars was last night after doing this!!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    but you have to win the match! its whatever your last battle arena squad power is which you;re being matched up against
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that arena ranking has nothing to do with galactic war, I've finished 1st a lot and always high and it has never bothered me. I just think it's random tbh
    Nonemo wrote: »

This needs to be repeated.

I'm hovering between top 30-top 5 depending on how much time and energy I have to play. I find that GW difficulty varies a lot anyway.

Sometimes it's a breeze, sometimes I struggle. Sometimes the struggles line up with the arena rank. Sometimes they don't.

Asking developers for an option to delete your account because of a hunch you have, is just a little over the top in my humble opinion.

Ok, it's a lot over the top. It's silly.
    i'd be surprised if both of them were linked

i've been top 15 (mostly top 10) for so many weeks now and GW has never been a big issue for me. Yes it gets harder with time, as I level up, but my pvp rank has always been high
    Baldo wrote: »
    No guys the galactic wars is based on the squad power of your last arena win! Aka mine is 22,900. I beat my last daily battle at 18,400 squad power yesterday to try it out. The first time ive ever beaten galactic wars was last night after doing this!!
    Baldo wrote: »
    but you have to win the match! its whatever your last battle arena squad power is which you;re being matched up against

If you'll read the link I posted in the OP, you'll see that what I'm talking about isn't a hunch, it's something disclosed by a developer of the game.

And I just heard back from support. If you are on iOS and it's linked to your Apple account, like me, there is no way to restart.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Someone mentioned another factor being the star rating of your top 5 players.