Best Mods for Sun Faq

Hi everyone.

OK my Sun Faq is almost g11. He will be in the next two days. At any rate, I absolutely despise going against Sun Faq, so I decided to get him. However my Sun Faq seems infinitely easier to kill than those of my opponents.

For this reason I have concluded it MUST be the mods. Right now I have 4 5* Max Speed Mods (one contains +13 speed as a secondary stat,) and 2 health mods. The two health mods are a +30 speed main stat (top right) and a Defensive main stat of a health mod with a +15 speed as a secondary stat (bottom right.)

I have all mod challenges completed with the exception of the First Order (Offensive mods.)

My Faq has almost 50 thousand protection and almost 30 thousand health.

Is it normal for Sun Faq to be terrible with users playing him but exceptional with AI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    In my opinion sun fac doesn't need a ton of speed, so I'd probably use health mods for 15% more health. I also like to stack a lot of protection. He's super beefy and holds up for me.
  • Yea he doesn't need that much speed. If there is a sun fac you're having particular problems with look at his mods to see the difference. It's possible instead of speed he has crit avoidance in the arrow. Chances are others are stacking protection in multiple mod slots. Also speed cross is unecessary for him. Give him extra health.
  • I've geared mine with 2 sets of tenacity and one set of health because if he gets stunned he becomes useless ! Tenacity up to 70% helps a lot
    (Swgoh.gg/okonomiyakiparty)
  • I've geared mine with 2 sets of tenacity and one set of health because if he gets stunned he becomes useless ! Tenacity up to 70% helps a lot
    (Swgoh.gg/okonomiyakiparty)

Agreed. My priorities would be Tenacity, Proc then Health.
    T Pain
  • Thank you everyone. Ok. Tenacity and Health mods. On the bottom left and all on the right, should I concentrate on health or protection?
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Speed mods on most of the tanks are useless. (away from some exceptions like ST-Han. Of course you might need a little to Taunt quicker but you don't want to lose precious survivability just for that. Best to mod secondary speeds based on your needs, depending on your enemies)
    1. You want your Taunt to stay longer,
    2. Sun Fac already attacks and dispels many times thanks to his counter attack anyway.

Maxed out SF (Max gear and Star) without any mods have 26k Health / 37k Protection
    So stacking % Protection mods would be wiser. (Especially since that Primary Protection can reach 23%, while Primary Health can only reach 5.88%)

As a General Info: With 4x Primary Protection Mods you will reach 71K Protection on SF even without any secondary mod bonuses.
    a. Which is not necessary since you might wanna get Tenacity on Cross, he has base Tenacity of 35% + a 24% Tenacity mod will help a lot to avoid Stuns / Shocks / Daze's that stop him from being effective)
    b. Depending on your enemy composition if you have a lot of Wiggs / Droid team enemies "Crit Avoidance" on Arrow mod would be useful too, but I doubt there are many Wiggs - Droid teams left (that rely on stacking Crit Chance - Crit damage) at the moment (thanks to Zauls), so probably Protection might work better there.
  • Protection, you get much more of it...
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Give priority to tenacity, then try to Max health. The higher his health the more he steals at the end of a match... where protection doesn't count for anything.

I think my sf heals ~8800 on his second attack, and his tenacity is ninety!
  • I've given mine a mix of health, defence and tenacity sets. protection primary where available
  • Sun Fac is a tank. He needs health, health, and health. First turn you should use his taunt. He will then counter and dispel the other team. He just needs to be able to survive the onslaught.
  • None, cuz he's bad.
  • If you have 0% Tenacity vs an opponents say 50% potency you have a minimum of 15% chance to resist. If you have 65% Tenacity vs an opponents 50% potency you still have a 15% chance to resist. Why bother putting anything in tenacity? Any stunner is going to have a potency cross, so why bother? Just get him health and protection.

While tenacity is good in theory, it's kind of pointless to have in arena.