Anyone else notice the AI acting screwy?

Title says it all.

I fought a normally challenging zMaul led team that I beat fairly easily due to the AI using basics for the first two turns.

Boba Fett used his basic twice in a row (even without ability block) EP used his basic (even though he was first to move) twice in a row. Darth Maul was the only one to use his special right out the gate, followed by B2.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yep, or at least very similar:
    B2 basic when team has buffs
    STH basic and not taunt first move
    EP I think I have seen that one too
    QGJ basic on first move and buffs present

They are not consistent so I think there must be some reason...
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    This explains why I have been losing rank. I bet my assassin isnt even doing her only job, give the sith the first move. And if thats the case, why did I build my mods around this strategy? Should I build by teams to anticipate terrible AI choices?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Maybe if you use the Auto - Basic only option the AI continues to do that on Defense?
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Seen ep doin it about 20% of the time.. Ever if he goes first. Savage never uses his special.. Even if the enemy is under 50% somethimes he uses special on an enemy which has 1-5% and another has 40%.. Such a waste
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Maybe if you use the Auto - Basic only option the AI continues to do that on Defense?

This is what I am wondering as well.

The opposing team did eventually start using specials but it was too late to change the course of the battle.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

This is what I am wondering as well.

The opposing team did eventually start using specials but it was too late to change the course of the battle.

Either that or you guys are all using Nihilus and Deathtrooper and you didn't realize you could increase cooldowns. But I feel like most people aren't that ignorant, so probably something weird happening.
  • I have noticed this happen occasionally in GW, where a character with a nasty AOE uses their basic instead. I think this has pretty much always happened in GW about 15% of the time, perhaps to make it harder to base a strategy off Rex or IGD lead. I don't think I have seen it in arena battles though.
  • @Vertigo

No I don't use any toons that increase cooldowns and even if I did his EP moved before any of mine did.

Also, to be clear, this was an arena match.

I am aware that GW AI acts unpredictably and that is not what I've observed.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    @Vertigo

No I don't use any toons that increase cooldowns and even if I did his EP moved before any of mine did.

Also, to be clear, this was an arena match.

I am aware that GW AI acts unpredictably and that is not what I've observed.

Yeah, I figured haha. And GW is known for being screwy, so this is really weird happening in arena matches...
  • I've noticed some odd behaviour lately. I've been playing about with my Sith on some battles and when fighting rebels/jedi if they have dots on them and Palpatine goes next with his basic killing the primary target and reducing the health on others to 0 with his unique I am getting "Success" on the encounter with two or three enemies still standing even though their turn meter was far from full. I never noticed this before the latest update. Also on the challenges I sometimes kill the boss and yet the support droids don't automatically get destroyed until you hit the button for the next attack. Only then do you get the victory notification but your toon doesn't actually attack. On one challenge the droids actually shot at me after the boss was defeated. Very strange.