Level 6 cantina missions drop purples?!

J7000
2059 posts Member
Just hit 69 and decided to 6* Bariss doing Cantina missions. I had 7 (possibly more) purple mats drop off of 2 refreshes. Is this normal or should I play the lottery?

Replies

• Options
    Per Jesse higher level cantina mission have higher level drop rates for purple mats.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    That's a lot of purp. Hopefully more ppl can confirm or give their drop rates
  • AdamSky
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've got a good few purple mats from lvl5 cantina battles as well but there is even better drop on lvl6. My average there for purple mats is 1-1.5 for one refill so far. 7 from 2 refills? Sounds good but it could be another visual bug as with rewards from GW. I'm getting there sometimes 3 purple mats per battle but when I'm checking my stock items only one is finally added.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    That's a lot of purp. Hopefully more ppl can confirm or give their drop rates

I'll let you know at midnight if it happens again. I noticed higher rates but didn't realize how much better until I did a couple refreshes.
  • Options
    @Oobydoob what's your in-game name?
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @oTradeMark Oobydoob Benubi
  • Options
    AdamSky wrote: »
    I've got a good few purple mats from lvl5 cantina battles as well but there is even better drop on lvl6. My average there for purple mats is 1-1.5 for one refill so far.

Same here!
  • Options
    Higher levels do have a higher chance to drop the tier 3 mats as well as more cantina credits per energy use. If you have the 5th or 6th stage available and are not working on a character like GS, then you should be using the higher levels.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    @oTradeMark Oobydoob Benubi

@Oobydoob lol, I figured it was you... I ran into your team on GW after facing back to back lvl 70 teams and it was the biggest pain in the **** to advance. The number of restarts I had to do in order to get past you was ridiculous because all my sacrifice squads were gone. 2 hour GW's are no fun. I shared plenty of expletives towards your characters last night haha.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    @oTradeMark Lol, feel free to curse my direction all you want. :smile: I'm levelling a Daka right now in anticipation of the Poe nerf. Can't wait to see what the new Meta will be.
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    If you have the 5th or 6th stage available and are not working on a character like GS, then you should be using the higher levels.
    Doing Luke for the higher rewards rather than for him. Didn't do GS and right now, I just need the higher rewards.

Dooku can be farmed in 6th, right? Soon as it's unlocked, I'll do him.

I love seeing GS in my wife's droid team, I just hope I get to see him in other places.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    If you have the 5th or 6th stage available and are not working on a character like GS, then you should be using the higher levels.
    Doing Luke for the higher rewards rather than for him. Didn't do GS and right now, I just need the higher rewards.

Dooku can be farmed in 6th, right? Soon as it's unlocked, I'll do him.

I love seeing GS in my wife's droid team, I just hope I get to see him in other places.

Yes him and Bariss, maybe someone else, dunno. I 7* GS so its nice to be hitting level 6. Its a much bigger difference than I originally thought. Some guys hoard shipments and mats. I like to spend them. ^,^
  • Options
    Just wanna say, got a couple Purple mats from Cantina 1-A (simming it to grind out Geo shards and credits for Qui-gon) and was so happy, as that was the last one I needed for the Cooldowns -1 on Qui Gon's Humbling Blow. Tomorrow I'll get the rest to get the Offenc Up upgrade.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanna say, got a couple Purple mats from Cantina 1-A (simming it to grind out Geo shards and credits for Qui-gon) and was so happy, as that was the last one I needed for the Cooldowns -1 on Qui Gon's Humbling Blow. Tomorrow I'll get the rest to get the Offenc Up upgrade.

Hah, congrats. Wait till you 7* Geo and start farming the higher level nodes.
  • Options
    I reach level 70 and start farming Dooku. Yes, purple matters are coming! I didn't count, but I am pretty sure I have 3 drops per refil.

And now (level 70), the challenge for ability matters has a chance to drop x5 purple matters, very good!!! I got 12 purple matters from challenges today.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Just did a refills and nothing lol
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Just did a refills and nothing lol

I know that feeling, lol!