Clones vs Droids

Being bred for their combat superiority against battle droids, shouldn't clones have anti-droid synergies?? At the very least, Echo's EMP should stun and/or do bonus damage against droids since the very nature of an EMP is to disable electronics.

Replies

• I mean, Fives and Echo died like losers, Cody is squishy without his team mates backing him up, and Rex is fat, so I think his clanker killing days are over.
    And Sergeant is generic Clone #37957284729485720
  • Do we really need more anti-droids? :neutral:
  • I'm pretty sure a full zCody led clone squad would tear apart droids

Especially since IG-88's healing immunity is bugged and not currently working right.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Eeth koth and ugnaught will get the job done! ;)
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    I mean they have indirect synergy. Droids depend on landing crits, clones under Rex fees on those crits.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    Being bred for their combat superiority against battle droids, shouldn't clones have anti-droid synergies?? At the very least, Echo's EMP should stun and/or do bonus damage against droids since the very nature of an EMP is to disable electronics.

I agree that the EMP should do extra dmg or debuff vs droids, but they shouldnt have specific anti-droids abilities. Rex L gains tm from crits, droid's only strategy is criting, so they are anti-droid already.
  • Call me biased but I think they are anti droid enough under Rex lead. The whole "EMP destroys electronics" thing is addressed with the dispell. The EMP grenade also has the highest base AoE damage and dispels, so I don't think that move needs a buff.

I do however think clones as a full synergy need a slight buff as they are only good in the AAT raid
  • The last thing we need is ANOTHER team that Droid users shouldn't even bother trying to fight. Pretty much all of recent meta teams have been anti-droid to some extent.
  • The last thing we need is ANOTHER team that Droid users shouldn't even bother trying to fight. Pretty much all of recent meta teams have been anti-droid to some extent.

Pretty much. Except zader, which is on its way out :neutral::neutral:
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    A Rex lead is anti-droid enough
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm pretty sure a full zCody led clone squad would tear apart droids
    Allenb60 wrote: »

This! They need no anti-droid specific synergy, since properly modded they'll handily destroy any jRoid team out there.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I'm pretty sure a full zCody led clone squad would tear apart droids

This! They need no anti-droid specific synergy, since properly modded they'll handily destroy any jRoid team out there.

It's just droids.. but yes this^
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

I always say jRoids since any worthwhile droid team also includes 1-2 Jawas.

SnakesOnAPlane

Well droids have a jawa on the team by default.. And jroids sounds bad... But you do you.
  • No one called it groids when it was poggle and droids. Even with both JE and Nebit I'd argue that it's still droids ask both of them serve as to make the remaining droids do way better. Assuming b2 is out of the equation I'd use Nebit even if his taunt was changed to just making droids and jawas cool down decreased.
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Well droids have a jawa on the team by default.. And jroids sounds bad... But you do you.

No, nothing default there, honestly. I get what you're implying. As for "Droids" v "Jroids", the phonics are quite similar. Do you say Zeta characters with replacement of the first letter with a Z?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Perdogie wrote: »

They are pure anti droids.. Droids have to crit all the time.. Clones get tm for each **** crit.. Full clones destroy each droid squad
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

Rex lead is anti-all. Anti-droids, anti zMaul, anti Vader. This is why this toon is so good.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Rex lead is anti-all. Anti-droids, anti zMaul, anti Vader. This is why this toon is so good.

The only team I can think of who he doesn't counter are Rebels, simply because they use so few debuffs.

I was wondering why you typed it that way. I kind of like it!

Aside me picturing someone saying it with a French accent, I think it would sound exactly the same, lol.
  • Better late than never, I suppose 🤣
  • I am good with this as long as the Jedi synergy is good and Mace has his rework.ibifcwsqwx9s.png
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Perdogie wrote: »
    Better late than never, I suppose 🤣

You waited nearly 2 and a half years for this.

Have fun destroying LS GEO TB droids lol
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    SUPER necro. Like, NS Zombie on roids, necro. Like, (SPOILER) turns out Echo was alive and left as a secret POW in a Wat Tambor super computer machine, necro.

Closing thread. Feel free to start a new one or continue in a current one relevant to recent updates.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
This discussion has been closed.