Phoenix Squad Unique Summary

NicolBolas
334 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hera lead with Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Zeb. Chopper left out because we can only choose 5 ppl and chopper seems like the weakest choice:

Gains 70% counter chance, 25% critical chance, 25% critical damage, and bonus max protection equal to 30% of max health. Recovers 15% protection at the start of turn (doubled if debuffed). Recovers 25% health whenever they suffer a debuff. Gains 10% offense at the end of each turn (stacking, maximum 40%).Whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 20% Turn Meter if Hera is active.

Counters: Maul daze and Sid heal block. No TM gain, no counter, no recovery.
Post edited by NicolBolas on

Replies

• We need more AOE dazers
  • Don't forget the current EP/Nihilus cooldown increase combo which would prevent abilities from being used and thus prevent TM gain
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I want you to imagine for a second if
    Ima gun di
    Deathtrooper
    Krennic
    Aayla
    Boba
    Commander Cody
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Kenobi
    Barris
    Chirrut
    Nihilus
    And sith trooper

Were all on the same team with leader abilities combined

Said that last week in my guilds line chat... it was a joke CG... a JOKE!
  • NicolBolas wrote: »
    Gains 70% counter chance, 25% critical chance, 25% critical damage, and bonus max protection equal to 30% of max health. Recovers 15% protection at the start of turn (doubled if debuffed). Recovers 25% health whenever they suffer a debuff. Gains 10% offense at the end of each turn (stacking, maximum 40%).Whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 20% Turn Meter if Hera is active.

Eek Gad....wall of op text.

;-)
  • Durrun wrote: »
    I want you to imagine for a second if
    Ima gun di
    Deathtrooper
    Krennic
    Aayla
    Boba
    Commander Cody
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Kenobi
    Barris
    Chirrut
    Nihilus
    And sith trooper

Were all on the same team with leader abilities combined

Said that last week in my guilds line chat... it was a joke CG... a JOKE!

Seems balanced.
  • Sleek_Viper
    345 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Don't worry I'm sure when Tarkin or Veers gets reworked they'll have all these abilities in their Leadership. Then it'll be balanced :lol:
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't know now what anyone is worried about. By may there will be a hard counter to Phoenix. Probably Grand Admiral Thrawn. And his leader ability will make all other Empire leader abilities work. So GAT, Zader, Krennic, Palps, and whoever else you want
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Poor chopper left out.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    I am just wondering which one of the remaining Phoenix get the aoe clearance. o:)
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah way to go ea/cg don't let a new meta stick for more then 1 month. Let's release a bunch of op characters after the next.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Karek77 wrote: »
    Yeah way to go ea/cg don't let a new meta stick for more then 1 month. Let's release a bunch of op characters after the next.

Sounds to me like it's playing in to their plan, keep releasing better characters every month making the spenders want every one of them that comes out. By the time they become ftp the whales will be 3 metas ahead.
  • I wonder if EA realizes how counterproductive this is. Even TI members are slowing spending because EA can't go a month without releasing a new OP toon or team. Most whales have money to burn, but they're not stupid. Most aren't gonna buy an entire new team for over $1k when they know in a month EA will release a new OP team.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    A character's Unique turns off when they die. So figure out the proper kill order and you'll chip those away in no time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    A character's Unique turns off when they die. So figure out the proper kill order and you'll chip those away in no time.

The problem is killing them. Debuffing them grants them a ton of health and protection back, and the biggest damage dealers need debuffs. TFP, Vader, Boba. Wiggs inflicts defense down when Wedge attacks. Getting enough damage to kill a character without granting them their health and protection back is a difficult task, and by the time you accomplish it you've probably lost.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

The problem is killing them. Debuffing them grants them a ton of health and protection back, and the biggest damage dealers need debuffs. TFP, Vader, Boba. Wiggs inflicts defense down when Wedge attacks. Getting enough damage to kill a character without granting them their health and protection back is a difficult task, and by the time you accomplish it you've probably lost.

Not to mention the what, 70% counter chance they will all have, they will be a big counter to any ae damage team imo.

so only sith teams. This is annoying af. I don't have a lot of sith ready yet.

What about chopper? More taunting and healing may be good., and the free prot. Up
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »

What about chopper? More taunting and healing may be good., and the free prot. Up

Unfortunately can only have 5 of 6...poor chopper.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Aren't rebels too squishy?
  • Interesting to see that the remaining toons will not in fact have any sort of passive cleanse on their unique. Without that this team will be perfectly countered by the most meta team currently running. I doubt a Phoenix team will be able to beat a well build Zaul Sith team even on offence, and defence will make a wet paper bag look good.
    Hera lead with Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Zeb. Chopper left out because we can only choose 5 ppl and chopper seems like the weakest choice:

Why leave out chopper? When using 5/5 Phoenix team, then they also get a free 6th slot for a character. Adding the 6th member grants the whole team +10,000 offense and +100% turn meter at the end of every turn.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I feel like Biggs and Wedge will still be a viable counter. Even though they get 25% health back from the defense down, your three attacks are doing a lot more than 25% damage. Maybe mix in IG-88 or Darth Sidious for the heal debuff on basic?

We have to wait and see their final stats, too. They might be squishy to make up for the synergy. Regardless, though, I think the answer to them isn't to have your own synergy squad. I think the answer is to make a hodge podge squad of silver bullets.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The return of Rey?
  • I think chopper needs to be in there. He's fast and can drop a taunt quickly. Otherwise the whole team is dead before kanan uses his.
  • Tatebomb wrote: »
    I think chopper needs to be in there. He's fast and can drop a taunt quickly. Otherwise the whole team is dead before kanan uses his.

Question is who would you remove?