Zeta Farming, Advice?

I haven't unlocked the zeta challenge yet. I currently have 4 more ships to get to 5* (all are currently 4*) and I have one more dark side ship to get for the Tarkin challenge. The only reason I haven't put more into ship shards in fleet shipments is because I was farming clones for HAAT. Now I'm down to farming Echo and he's already 7 shards shy of 6*. Should I farm his remaining shards in the Guild shop and start buying the Zetas for Cody and Fives from fleet shipments? Or finish up Echo and ships before I start buying Zetas?

Replies

• Hans, get ze flugenwaffen!!
  • I do ships from gw. Zetas from fleet shipments.
  • I started only buying scimitar and slave 1 shards from fleet shipments. I farm ships from gw and save remaining currency for zetas. Farm echo from guild shipments. I think he pops up in there. Could be mistaken.
  • Even when you unlock the zeta challenge and can sim it, best of luck to you.

I'm having more luck buying them, which is like saying I'm having more luck inhaling Becasuse that way, I get air.
  • Still if you only buy zetas it takes exactly a month to get one. With the challenge you get the chance to speed this up by 4 zetas 3 times a week. Even if they drop rarely it's still better than just buying.
  • Do whatever is possible to 3* the challenge before you go shopping for zetas. Then when you can, you will obtain zetas from the challenge and shipments. It's more for the long run even though zeta drop rates are terrible. But sometimes you're lucky enough. It's like trying to get 5m+ on credit heist.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Buy them with fleet currency, take your time on challenges. You'll get a zeta much faster
  • getting the ships is the most important part, you need to unlock the challenge and 3* it so you get that extra chance of obtaining zetas, then once you have all those ships you will be able to get more fleet credits in the ship arena because you can finish higher in the rankings, so in turn you can buy more zetas faster in the shipments.
  • getting the ships is the most important part, you need to unlock the challenge and 3* it so you get that extra chance of obtaining zetas, then once you have all those ships you will be able to get more fleet credits in the ship arena because you can finish higher in the rankings, so in turn you can buy more zetas faster in the shipments.

I honestly regret putting my currency into ships before zeta, I would've had my first zeta weeks sooner had I just bought them with currency & slowly advanced my ships
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=m61LS2rvqJk

SmithieD has a great video which runs down the options.

In short, quickest way is to buy right off the bat and get a single zeta which severely handicaps you in many ways. Generally best option is build ships, unlock challenge then buy zetas at that point along with obtaining them through challenges.
  • IMO - The only ships you should be getting out of fleet shipments is Slave 1 and Scimitar, the rest can be found in GW Shipments... all other fleet shipment coins should be saved for zetas.

• I did 30 zeta challanges so far, giving 11 zetas. So i beleive the drop rate is similar to toon shards at 1/3. At 6 chances a week, that makes 10 weeks to collect a single zeta set. Slowwwwww..
  • I am on 10K+ Fleet Arena Tokens.
    Got all Wedge - Biggs - Jedi Consular - Tie fighter - Ahsoka - Geonosian ships on almost 7*
    Slave - Rex on almost 6* and Bistan on 6* atm.
    Sorting Sun Fac, for Executrix challange it's not gonna take long, but need 1 more Dark Side ship.
    Got Scimitar on 40/50 but will need 40 more shards for it, and it just never ever shows up. 10 more Scimitars on Shipments can easily take months if it goes like this. (Rng?)
    Just spending Fleet Arena tokens for Scimitar (and Slave 1) if they ever show up.

I feel like I'm missing something important. (I'm already extremely late, need 40 Zetas asap Vader/Maul both G11, 7* for ages) Open to all suggestions at this time.
    (Working on Geonosian Spy, both the character and ship from scratch, is an option too but it's probably too late for that)

PS: Full time F2P but been on top 1-2-3 of Arena for the last 2-3 months and gathered around 5k+ Crystals after the expenses, but I hate the odds on Ship Packages, so not very interested in buying them just for a slight chance of Scimitar.