Chopper being added before C3PO, R2D2, or BB8 is ridiculous

So a droid from an animated show gets to be a toon in the game before the three main protagonist droids in the movies? This makes zero sense. Also he's a droid with no droid synergies furthering the decline of the droid squads. Surely R2 deserves a spot as a playable toon in this game much more than the rust bucket we just received

Replies

• Options
    Ok r2d2 was shown in a picture a longggggg time ago
  • DracoN
    36 posts Member
    Options
    hey u need money from kids. fair play.
  • Options
    I agree, it's insane the mental gymnastics they do to come up with some of this stuff. Such as how you get palpatine... you have to invest time and money in toons you might actually hate and never intended to build up, but since you need to in order to get palpatine, gotta use $ which means it's entire purpose was only to force fans of the game to spend even more $. They don't even try and hide that they are doing this, it's permeated every aspect of the game instead of the content of the game being the focus. They could still make buckets of $ and gain more player loyalty in the process but they just don't even bother. I can't stand the rebel toons.
  • Options
    You also have K2SO, IG-88, HK-47, B2, and IG-86 before you have any of the droids that most of the general Star Wars audience is going to recognize.

Still, can't blame them for trying to capitalize on what's hot and relevant in the Star Wars world while it's hot and relevant. I guess the way they see it, those old favorites aren't exactly going anywhere, but it's unlikely most of these new characters (see Rogue One, Rebels) are going to have the staying power to become as iconic as the older characters.
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vgmaster86 wrote: »
    Ok r2d2 was shown in a picture a longggggg time ago

In a galaxy far, far away :)
  • Options
    C3PO?? You're kidding right? :D:D Why? C'mon now... Get real, this is a combat game...
  • Options
    Im still waitin for mse6 -.- probe droids, droideka,b1, and gk droids
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with this post.
  • Options
    Laz wrote: »
    I agree with this post.

+1 i think it is more ridiculous they put ezra in. havent seen him yet but i cant imagine he will be weaker than real jedi. if ezra is taking down jedi and sith and alot of the named characters it will be a shame.

a child who isnt even trained by a jedi master would be destroyed easily by grown men/women chars that are in game. that is more ridiculous to me than chopper but i agree. i dont see why they are pushing the failed rebels cartoon characters into this game. I smell forced action from disney. thats the only logical sense.
  • Options
    Why do some folks always cry when they're favorite characters do not get added in? Does it make the game so bad that you'll end up quitting? :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    a child who isnt even trained by a jedi master would be destroyed easily by grown men/women chars that are in game

Like Luke.

• Options
    What offensive or defensive powers would R2D2 have anyway? I can see him having powers to block or jam other droids but not mush else, in fact, the only time we have seen him in battle in the game the developers chose one of his abilities to be......... wait for it........... squirt oil.
  • Options
    HGF69 wrote: »
    What offensive or defensive powers would R2D2 have anyway? I can see him having powers to block or jam other droids but not mush else, in fact, the only time we have seen him in battle in the game the developers chose one of his abilities to be......... wait for it........... squirt oil.

The animation time was so slow that even on 4x one would timeout if his cooldown was 1. :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    C3PO?? You're kidding right? :D:D Why? C'mon now... Get real, this is a combat game...

For those of us who played SWFC extensively, when C3P0 was introduced, he had a an exceptional skill that made him a staple in most decks for over a year. There is certainly room for utility/support characters in the game, which roles C3P0 and R2D2 would fill greatly. We already see some of that going on now with characters, like Shoretrooper, that used for their skill set, not their combat prowess.
  • Options
    By that logic, no droids should have been added to the game before R2. They will add him. His info is already in the game data.

I'm happy to have Chopper, as well as the other droids we have in the game (including K-2SO).
  • Options
    c3po will most likely be a je type character w/ no rez or bomb skills, but probably cooldown and speed buffs

...and great synergy with r2.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see the point of this thread. Why do more popular characters need to be added before other ones? What about all the nameless characters in the game?
  • Options
    without r2, luke never gets off tatooine.

basically, the rebellion is crushed without him.

• Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    without r2, luke never gets off tatooine.

This is why we only have farmboy Luke in the game.
  • Options
    when do we get owen & beru lars?
  • Options
    What we need is droideka
  • Options
    Why do some folks always cry when they're favorite characters do not get added in? Does it make the game so bad that you'll end up quitting? :D

Yep! I've quit until Jar Jar gets released
  • Options
    I would think c3po would have a leader ability pertaining to ewoks, if anything...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had an idea for C3P0 and R2D2 that I put in another thread I linked below the quote.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I've had a funny idea in my head for C3P0 for a while:

C3P0: Rebel, support, droid, ewok

Basic attack: Dainty swipe: Deal minimal damage to target enemy and expose them for 2 rounds. (picture C3P0 waving his hands at them ineffectually, but he distracts them enough for an ally to get them from behind)

Special attack: I told you so!: 3 turn coolddown. C3P0 incessantly scolds target enemy either lulling them into a stupor causing offense, defense and speed down for 2 turns, or enrages them causing offense up, defense up, and speed up for 2 turns. If the enemy enrages, C3P0 poops himself, regenerates 12% protection and calls a random ally to assist with 25% bonus damage, and grants them offense up for 2 turns. If R2D2 is present, he also assists.

Unique: Droid allies gain 15% potency, Ewok allies gain 10% health, and Rebel allies gain 15% offense while C3P0 is alive. If R2D2 is present, C3P0 gets 10% offense and defense. If R2D2 takes damage while C3P0 is alive, C3P0 calls a random ally to counter attack. If he does, reduce R2D2's cooldowns by 1,

R2D2: Light side, Support, Droid, Rebel

Basic attack: Arc Welder: R2D2 attacks for minimal damage with a 70% chance to stun the target for 1 turn

Special: Oil Slick: 5 turn cooldown: R2D2 coats the floors in oil causing minor damage to all enemies with a 75% chance each to inflict evasion down, speed down, and defense down for 3 turns.

Leader: Background Savior: allies have a 10% chance of calling an assist whenever they perform an action. This chance is doubled for Rebel and Droid allies. Droid Allies gain 10 speed, and Rebel allies gain 8% evasion.

Unique: Droid Counterpart: R2D2 has a 67% chance to counterattack. If C3P0 is present R2D2 gains 7% evasion and 10% max health. If C3P0 takes damage, R2D2 counterattacks and puts a taunt up that lasts one turn or until he takes damage.

The idea is that neither one is an attacker so can't deal high damage, but both are good at watching each other's backs.C3P0 is considered a god to the Ewoks, so he needed that synergy. R2D2 is always futzing with computers in the background closing doors and what not to help keep the enemies away.

It makes them effective, plus new unique and interesting, while still keeping their character flavors intact I think.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/97851/what-abilities-do-you-wish-you-could-have-in-an-upcoming-character-release/p1
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Options
    If I am not mistaken R2D2 is one of the last dark side battles, isn't he?
    What the f is C3PO going to do? What the f is BB-8 going to do?
    Chopper/R2 have quite a few gadgets. What can BB-8 offer? A thumbs up?
  • Options
    No R5D4 no care
  • Options
    HGF69 wrote: »

The animation time was so slow that even on 4x one would timeout if his cooldown was 1. :D

SnakesOnAPlane