Too Much Too Fast

Prev13
What's the rush, CG? 3 new Sith barely out of the gate, their packs all over the store, and now 6 new characters? All pay to play with 15 shards conveniently missing for 4*?

Slow down, seriously.

Replies

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    any and all new content is ALWAYS welcome. not all of us have to have 7* toons out of the box.

keep up the great work EA and CG!!!
  • I must say, as much as I would like to try running Phoenix squad the idea of trying to gear up that many toons at once is just daunting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i guess it's all going to depend on how previously released characters stack up against the newly released characters. If the newly released blow the old ones out of the water every time, i also would like them to be released at a slower pace.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    my opinion of the problem is the people who want to collect EVERY toon. or the super competitive ones who just want to be number 1 at all cost. which you are entitled to play that way i'm not knocking that. but if you focused on toons you like and ignored the ones you don't like it's pretty easy to not care how fast toons are released.

in my example i'm focused on EP, vader, and currently nilihus. i'm oblivious to what's going on outside of that. any other toon i would want will cole when i'm done working on those 3.
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The problem is if you want your toons to be competitive. Not rank 1 everyday, but competitive. I believe 90% of the players want to play like that, and releasing broken toons all the time is not good for anyone unless you're a whale.

Anyway, latest toons have been good but didn't revolve the meta. Darth nihilus, krennic, deathtrooper, both sith. Phoenix squad may be good but it doesn't mean you won't be able to be competitive without them. If that's the case, release as many chars as you want
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ignore this <--
  • On the positive side, they'll all start rolling out as farmable in a few months. Unless they're just trolling Ilya on that terminology and they put them in shipments for crystals, or a single hard node. The inventory in arena/Cantina/GW stores is getting stale.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    The problem is if you want your toons to be competitive. Not rank 1 everyday, but competitive. I believe 90% of the players want to play like that, and releasing broken toons all the time is not good for anyone unless you're a whale.

Anyway, latest toons have been good but didn't revolve the meta. Darth nihilus, krennic, deathtrooper, both sith. Phoenix squad may be good but it doesn't mean you won't be able to be competitive without them. If that's the case, release as many chars as you want

broken how??
  • spotremix wrote: »

broken how??

Broken in the sense of extremely good. Like if nihilus was a must have toon, which he isn't.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't think you have anything to lose from new content. Besides people have been asking for Rebels for a while now
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    I agree, slow it down. And too many rebels already
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »

broken how??

Broken in the sense of extremely good. Like if nihilus was a must have toon, which he isn't.

i don't think there is a single toon in this game that is a must have.
  • +1. Pump the breaks just a little on the new toons. I believe that it has been stated that mobile game are supposed to be a slower paced style game (grinding anyone) the rate of new toon release directly contradicts this idea.
  • Broken means game-breaking. There is not a single game-breaking character in this game currently. Every character/composition has a weakness. By the time a f2p player gets a new toon, there are already dozens of posts on the boards and youtube about that character's strengths and weaknesses.
    Just because a character is difficult to beat in arena or gw does not mean they are broken.
  • This is a solid move on their part strategically speaking

With the launch of the Nintendo switch and new fan base being moved to mobile gaming, EA worked on releasing plenty of toons to keep people interested in the game and not lose their fan base

The fact that this app is still within the top 50 grossing games on iOS , in fact being at 13th proves that it has paid off for them as well
  • I dont care how many they release but they need to bring the old toons along for the ride. I dont have to be top 10 in my shard i just dont want the toons i worked so hard on to be put on the shelf because they gotta rip off another whale.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    All I'm going to say is if a 4* Phoenix team can beat my Sith, I'm going to explode.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    What's the rush, CG? 3 new Sith barely out of the gate, their packs all over the store, and now 6 new characters? All pay to play with 15 shards conveniently missing for 4*?

Slow down, seriously.

+1
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    All I'm going to say is if a 4* Phoenix team can beat my Sith, I'm going to explode.

^ This is the central point I was making.

My other concern is an event for the ship slated for a few weeks' time with, what, 5 characters to (potentially) fully gear? I just don't get the need for rushing this content through. They used to release one character a month, then 2 together, then 3 together, now a whole faction together - just 2 weeks after the last 3 Sith were released.

Soon we'll reach the point where it takes 5 minutes of scrolling to get to the right-hand side of the shop for the free pack! Past all those 1,299 packs with a 0.01% chance to get 30 shards.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    TL/DR New toons = Lotsa benjamins.... I'm ok with frequent free characters

Gear farming is very profitable for the boss. the top percent of highest paying customers (responsible for like 70% of the overall revenue) WILL maxx out their toons. Its like a crazy collecting game where dinero is no object. Because they feel the need to have a maxxity maxxed roster, they will buy the packs and buy the gear.
    Sooo, New toons = Lotsa benjamins.

Maybe it has nothing to do with getting a bump in financials, but more of a marketing strategy because something big is about happen in REBELS that will attract a lot of new fans/customers? Who knows... All i know is that I'm happy with my free characters (ten away from all unlocked).

Guessing that well be getting a ton of darksiders come this dec with ep VIII. The second movie is always darker right? fingers crossed for knights of ren
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Setting the precedent that all new toons are locked beyond a 3* paywall is kind of depressing.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Setting the precedent that all new toons are locked beyond a 3* paywall is kind of depressing.
    +1
    I miss the days of the Palp/Yoda event. Also, it's not like the arena, cantina and GW shops couldn't use a new character...
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »

they said farmable in 2-3 months after character event. check the Character Release Cadence. you can also save up your free crystals to buy the special character packs that occur for 4-6 weeks after character event. more like a sloth slow farm, but def not a paywall.
  • I am very confused. Not more than two weeks ago people were still making "August" jokes. Now after a huge release you are saying too much too fast? People just love to complain about everything.
  • DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I am very confused. Not more than two weeks ago people were still making "August" jokes.

Weak troll attempt, no they weren't. Since ships were released in November last year we've had a deluge of new "content" with a hefty price tag attached for anything beyond the unlock star level.

Welcome to 2017, anyway.
  • New characters is not new content.
  • I thought this thread might be the title to Fast 9...
  • spotremix wrote: »
    any and all new content is ALWAYS welcome. not all of us have to have 7* toons out of the box.

keep up the great work EA and CG!!!

This guy gets it!

Plus if they crank out a ton of new guys at once it's not all the same fights, as most of us non-whales can't keep up. So everyone isnt chasing the same exact toons because they just dont have the resources to do it all!

The release pace was way too slow earlier. 3+ new characters a month and we might get some non-main characters like Nien Numb, Admiral Piett, or... dare I dream... Bossk!
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    New characters is not new content.

This is true. Had no real new content since ships. Just a lot of pretty and expensive objects. I mean even if a FTP wanted to use a 3* pheonix team it would take them 3months+ just to get them to G11 and its 1 month of characters
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I am very confused. Not more than two weeks ago people were still making "August" jokes.

Weak troll attempt, no they weren't. Since ships were released in November last year we've had a deluge of new "content" with a hefty price tag attached for anything beyond the unlock star level.

Welcome to 2017, anyway.

I don't get the problem with that. What did we even get as "free sample" size offerings last year? There were EP/Yoda events, SRP, Bistan, and I think 3 jawas were added around the time of mods (which we didnt get a head start on). All the others came first as Aurodium/Chromium only, and stayed there longer.