Rey's last name?

13Next

Replies

• Skywalker
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Her last name isn't Solo.... yet. But it will be.

She's not going to bang her cousin Kylo. Well... There was almost wincest between Luke and Leia.
    Rolf wrote: »
    Captain Phasma is her mom. Calling it now. Phasma is supposed to have a bigger (helmet off) role in the next movie.
    Is Phasma even still alive? Not only did they throw her in a trash compactor, but didn't the whole planet explode? I guess she could've made it out.

pics or it didnt happen. in american movies, if you havent seen the body, they arent dead. han = dead. They didnt even say for sure that they put her in the compactor.

Spoiler alert: Google imdb Captain Phasma
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Skywalker
    pics or it didnt happen. in american movies, if you havent seen the body, they arent dead.
    True dat.
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    Her being a Skywalker would tear apart Star Wars lore ...
    Uh, already done. All the post-E6 novels are destroyed now regardless of who Rey's parents are.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Who Rey's parents are isn't important. (Though they were most likely Rebel fighters from the old rebellion—in Episodes IV, V, and VI—which I concluded by the Rebel fighter doll and the Rebel Pilot helmet she has). As someone who has seen the new film several times and took notes every time except the first (primarily notes on who Rey is), I know what I'm talking about.
    The reason Rey is so attuned to her force powers without any training that we know of is because she had training before the start of the film. She had a flashback when she first came into contact with Anakin/Luke's lightsaber—a flashback to when Kylo Ren betrayed Luke and killed all of Luke's other apprentices except for Rey. Rey was one of Luke's other apprentices and survived. That's why she was so attuned to her force powers and why she knew how to use a lightsaber. It's also why she was so fixated on finding Luke. This connection between Rey and Kylo explains his line of "What girl?" before throwing a temper tantrum when he is told that Finn and BB escaped with "help from a girl". This connection between Rey and Luke makes further sense if you study the final scene, when Rey finds Luke. After he turns to face her, he takes off his hood and she reaches out towards him, offering him his lightsaber. His eyes appear exactly the same as Ben Kenobi's eyes did in Episode IV when Luke mentions "Obi-Wan Kenobi". It's a pained, 'I didn't want this for you' look. Additionally, Rey appears to be on the verge of crying, but it also looks like she is keeping herself from doing so in front of Luke. I believe she is on the verge of crying because she has missed her former Master, and after going through the events of the film, is relieved to be in the company of another Jedi.
    "I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
    ~Rey to Kylo Ren
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Skywalker
    Not a bad theory, but with Star Wars being what it is, a tale of generational heroes, I think we can presume that her parents will be characters of consequence. (Most likely Solo or Skywalker as we've debated.) Plus the fans will revolt if she turns out to be some nobody Jedi. ;)
  • There are a few things in the movie that lead me to believe she is kylos twin.
    1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins. 2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger .
    10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in. She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training. They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?

Interesting comparisons i wouldnt throw the idea out the window, but to me her force abilities versus kylo's were way edgier when you include the fact she has no training and little force knowledge , as a novice not even a padawan, she's repelling and besting a seasoned dark knight who is not yet a master. And as i write this getting ready to say its lukes period, i realize that the seed of luke or leia would comparitively have similar force potentials so they could be twins we will see awesome post.
  • Wish I never read this thread I haven't seen the bloody film but now I know Han dies oh bugger

I avoided sites like this until i saw the movie
  • Skywalker
    Rolf wrote: »
    @Widget_gaget

1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins.
    -True, but they've already made major departures.

2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    -Assuming she's Luke's daughter, who also trained at the Jedi facility. So they could still easily know each other.

3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    -That's not compelling.

4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    -Doesn't mean he's her actual father. In fact "like a father" implies otherwise.

5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    -Agree. But equally true if she was Luke's daughter, which Han would still know. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the lightsaber called to her because it's *hers* from when she was training with the rest of the kids. To whom would Luke give the lightsaber that both he and his father used? Why, his daughter of course. I'm betting Luke used a force suggestion on her to blank her memories, so that he could hide her on a nowhere world where the fallen Kylo could never find her.

6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    -Could be relevant, but hard to say. It may just be because he knows her more closely, again because he's met Luke's daughter.

7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    -Could be. But his *niece* is still "in the family".

8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    -True. But has no bearing on her parentage. She was already feeling close to Han. It's also an echo of Ben dying in E4. Luke was also driven by this and he was no relation to Ben.

9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger.
    -Or niece, who she's known since birth. Rey was also pretty emotional when she meets Luke at the end. Perhaps remembering the forgotten family that she's been waiting years to return?

10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in.
    -They're both grandchildren of Anakin.

She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training.
    -Who says? I bet she was training at Luke's academy, probably even with Kylo.

They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    -Cousins.

What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?
    -No telling till the next movie. :)

Completely agree with this.
  • Binks
  • Altmanizer wrote: »
    Who Rey's parents are isn't important. (Though they were most likely Rebel fighters from the old rebellion—in Episodes IV, V, and VI—which I concluded by the Rebel fighter doll and the Rebel Pilot helmet she has). As someone who has seen the new film several times and took notes every time except the first (primarily notes on who Rey is), I know what I'm talking about.
    The reason Rey is so attuned to her force powers without any training that we know of is because she had training before the start of the film. She had a flashback when she first came into contact with Anakin/Luke's lightsaber—a flashback to when Kylo Ren betrayed Luke and killed all of Luke's other apprentices except for Rey. Rey was one of Luke's other apprentices and survived. That's why she was so attuned to her force powers and why she knew how to use a lightsaber. It's also why she was so fixated on finding Luke. This connection between Rey and Kylo explains his line of "What girl?" before throwing a temper tantrum when he is told that Finn and BB escaped with "help from a girl". This connection between Rey and Luke makes further sense if you study the final scene, when Rey finds Luke. After he turns to face her, he takes off his hood and she reaches out towards him, offering him his lightsaber. His eyes appear exactly the same as Ben Kenobi's eyes did in Episode IV when Luke mentions "Obi-Wan Kenobi". It's a pained, 'I didn't want this for you' look. Additionally, Rey appears to be on the verge of crying, but it also looks like she is keeping herself from doing so in front of Luke. I believe she is on the verge of crying because she has missed her former Master, and after going through the events of the film, is relieved to be in the company of another Jedi.

This is the direction I'm leaning as well. I'm not going to try to predict the direction JJ Abrams and Disney are going with the story, but this is how I *want* the story to go:

Rey really is a nobody. Not a Skywalker or a Kenobi. She happened to be a force sensitive child that survived Kylo's assault. Luke used the force to block Rey's memories. He puts his old lightsaber and Rey in the care of... Chewbacca!

This explains why...
    • Rey is on some random junk planet and put under the care of a junker. Scoundrels know scoundrels.

• The Falcon just happens to be on the same planet. Just too big of a coincidence. It was never stolen. Chewbacca left it there.

• Why Chewie happened to 'miss' Jakku when looking for the Falcon (Han even says something along the lines of, "I told you we should have checked these outer planets").

• Why Maz has Luke's old lightsaber. Her 'boyfriend' gave it to her for safe keeping.

• Why Rey understands Chewie from the get-go.

• Why it's Rey and Chewie that go find Luke in the end. A little symmetry here. Chewbacca, tasked to take her away from Luke, accompanies her back.

I also think that Luke's old lightsaber (which also happens to be Anakin's last lightsaber before he became Darth Vader) may be part of the catalyst for Kylo losing it. Perhaps Kyelo wanted his grandfather's lightsaber and Luke saw darkness in him and kept it away from him? He seems to recognize it during the climactic fight scene claiming, "It's mine!"
  • Kenobi
    Either Kenobi or Skywalker. Just a wild guess.
  • None of the above
    elbbirt wrote: »
    Altmanizer wrote: »
    Who Rey's parents are isn't important. (Though they were most likely Rebel fighters from the old rebellion—in Episodes IV, V, and VI—which I concluded by the Rebel fighter doll and the Rebel Pilot helmet she has). As someone who has seen the new film several times and took notes every time except the first (primarily notes on who Rey is), I know what I'm talking about.

This is the direction I'm leaning as well. I'm not going to try to predict the direction JJ Abrams and Disney are going with the story, but this is how I *want* the story to go:

Rey really is a nobody. Not a Skywalker or a Kenobi. She happened to be a force sensitive child that survived Kylo's assault. Luke used the force to block Rey's memories. He puts his old lightsaber and Rey in the care of... Chewbacca!

This explains why...
    • Rey is on some random junk planet and put under the care of a junker. Scoundrels know scoundrels.

• The Falcon just happens to be on the same planet. Just too big of a coincidence. It was never stolen. Chewbacca left it there.

• Why Chewie happened to 'miss' Jakku when looking for the Falcon (Han even says something along the lines of, "I told you we should have checked these outer planets").

• Why Maz has Luke's old lightsaber. Her 'boyfriend' gave it to her for safe keeping.

• Why it's Rey and Chewie that go find Luke in the end. A little symmetry here. Chewbacca, tasked to take her away from Luke, accompanies her back.

I also think that Luke's old lightsaber (which also happens to be Anakin's last lightsaber before he became Darth Vader) may be part of the catalyst for Kylo losing it. Perhaps Kyelo wanted his grandfather's lightsaber and Luke saw darkness in him and kept it away from him? He seems to recognize it during the climactic fight scene claiming, "It's mine!"

This Chewbacca theory is very convincing.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Solo
    The thing with the lightsaber is, we don't know what happened to it, and how Maz got ahold of it. After luke went down the chute in cloud city it went flying into the sky, hence why he made a new one. We don't know what significance it has specifically in relation to Rey's vision.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Skywalker

This explains why...

Doubtful. Anyone thinking she is not a Skywalker is kidding themselves. Everyone involved in these films has repeatedly said the story is about the Skywalker family and specifically about Luke. As a matter of fact, JJ was hesitant to do the movie at all because of being a fan himself. He was ultimately sold when he was pitched the idea of getting the chance to define who Luke Skywalker really is, since ROTJ really ends as he begins to find his path.

That being said, Rey didn't just survive Kylo's massacre, I think he actually saved her from it. This is seen as a memory in her force vision when she's laying on the ground in the rain as a Knight of Ren is about to kill her. Kylo saves her by killing that Knight. He most likely goes on to kill the rest of the Knights of Ren as well in order to protect Rey who happens to be his cousin. It's remarked that Kylo is the last of the Knights by Snoke. Kylo then takes her and leaves her on Jakku. As a result, everyone thinks she is dead which is why Han doesn't immediately pick up on who she is and subsequently offers to eject her in an escape pod. This is ultimately a contributing reason why Luke goes into exile. A combination of the Jedi in training either falling to darkness or being killed, the betrayal of Kylo, and Luke's belief that his daughter was dead either caused a mental break, the belief that he was causing more harm than good, or the need to seek the guidance of the force from a place inherently strong in it such as the first Jedi temple.

TLDR: Rey is Luke's daughter.
  • Solo
    Yeah I think it's a lot like that...

She is of the Skywalker bloodline, but I think she is also a Solo.

Either would be cool with me.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • well, we already know its not Calrissian. Finn is Lando's son merchandise has already confirmed that on packaging descriptions.
    i think either Lukes daughter or Hans daughter/Kylos twin.
    Would prefer it if she had no connection to anyone though.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Skywalker
    well, we already know its not Calrissian. Finn is Lando's son merchandise has already confirmed that on packaging descriptions.
    Pic?
  • Solo
    well, we already know its not Calrissian. Finn is Lando's son merchandise has already confirmed that on packaging descriptions.
    i think either Lukes daughter or Hans daughter/Kylos twin.
    Would prefer it if she had no connection to anyone though.

Really!!! Sweet I am always joking around with my friends telling them it's Finn Calrissian!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • elbbirt
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Telaan wrote: »

This explains why...

Doubtful. Anyone thinking she is not a Skywalker is kidding themselves. Everyone involved in these films has repeatedly said the story is about the Skywalker family and specifically about Luke. As a matter of fact, JJ was hesitant to do the movie at all because of being a fan himself. He was ultimately sold when he was pitched the idea of getting the chance to define who Luke Skywalker really is, since ROTJ really ends as he begins to find his path.

That being said, Rey didn't just survive Kylo's massacre, I think he actually saved her from it. This is seen as a memory in her force vision when she's laying on the ground in the rain as a Knight of Ren is about to kill her. Kylo saves her by killing that Knight. He most likely goes on to kill the rest of the Knights of Ren as well in order to protect Rey who happens to be his cousin. It's remarked that Kylo is the last of the Knights by Snoke. Kylo then takes her and leaves her on Jakku. As a result, everyone thinks she is dead which is why Han doesn't immediately pick up on who she is and subsequently offers to eject her in an escape pod. This is ultimately a contributing reason why Luke goes into exile. A combination of the Jedi in training either falling to darkness or being killed, the betrayal of Kylo, and Luke's belief that his daughter was dead either caused a mental break, the belief that he was causing more harm than good, or the need to seek the guidance of the force from a place inherently strong in it such as the first Jedi temple.

I've seen this theory. Obvious lineage with a slight twist.

She's probably going to be a Skywalker or a Kenobi, but personally I think that sucks. Tired of this tired trope of great people needing to come from particular blood lines. It's nonsense from the dark ages.

Until they disappoint me, I'm going to hold out hope that Rey really is a 'nobody'.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Skywalker
    She's probably going to be a Skywalker or a Kenobi, but personally I think that sucks. Tired of this tired trope of great people needing to come from particular blood lines. It's nonsense from the dark ages.
    I think that the lady of the lake, her arm clad in glimmering samite, held aloft her staff from the bosom of the waters, signifying by divine providence that Rey was to carry a lightsaber. That is why she's the new queen Jedi!
  • None of the above

This explains why...

Until they disappoint me, I'm going to hold out hope that Rey really is a 'nobody'.

It's not blood lines as in 'the eldest son of the king will be the new king'.

Midiclorians are passed down in your blood from parent to child. It's biology.

If a male Jedi and a female Jedi had a child it would be incredibly powerful.

(I may be completely wrong though. This is just what logic tells me)
  • elbbirt
    20 posts Member

This explains why...

That's basically breeding, it increases the chances of common characteristics to be passed on, both good and bad. It's why certain segments of the population may be taller and why certain segments of the population are more susceptible to certain diseases.

On the flip side, mixing people from different backgrounds diversifies the gene-pool and is an overall good thing.

I'm assuming that the population of the galaxy in Star Wars is in the billions. Why can't there be a fluke child that's strong in the force? During the prequels and clone wars there were plenty of Jedi and force sensitive children. They didn't all have Jedi parents, so it used to happen all the time. Is that any less logical?
  • None of the above

This explains why...

That's basically breeding, it increases the chances of common characteristics to be passed on, both good and bad. It's why certain segments of the population may be taller and why certain segments of the population are more susceptible to certain diseases.

On the flip side, mixing people from different backgrounds diversifies the gene-pool and is an overall good thing.

I'm assuming that the population of the galaxy in Star Wars is in the billions. Why can't there be a fluke child that's strong in the force? During the prequels and clone wars there were plenty of Jedi and force sensitive children. They didn't all have Jedi parents, so it used to happen all the time. Is that any less logical?

Probably several reasons, the first being that force sensitivity would be a recessive trait. You can be a carrier and not know it, only realising when you pair with another carrier that you had the recessive trait.

Another reason would be that many, many people are probably force sensitive but never know it. If the Jedi Order didn't actively seek these people out then they would go about their lives without even knowing their own potential.

E.g. Anakin on Tatooine. Because he lives in the outer rim the Jedi didn't know he had a high midiclorian count until they met him.
  • elbbirt
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2016

This explains why...

Probably several reasons, the first being that force sensitivity would be a recessive trait. You can be a carrier and not know it, only realising when you pair with another carrier that you had the recessive trait.

Another reason would be that many, many people are probably force sensitive but never know it. If the Jedi Order didn't actively seek these people out then they would go about their lives without even knowing their own potential.

E.g. Anakin on Tatooine. Because he lives in the outer rim the Jedi didn't know he had a high midiclorian count until they met him.

Agreed. However, if Luke started a school for Jedi, it makes sense that he went looking for force sensitives to populate the school. In fact, that was my assumption (that I should have stated in my dream theory). Rey isn't just a nobody that stumbled on to Luke. Luke found her.

Edit: I think my theory turns Luke into the Professor X of the force world.
  • Solo
    I am surprised at the number of Kenobi votes!

I think Rey Kenobi would be Amazing!

I would love to see how they could explain her being a Kenobi.... Maybe a type of reincarnation? Or the granddaughter of Obi-Wan?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Solo
    image_4.jpeg
    Obi-Wan Kenobi