Theory Crafting Your 5 for the Phoenix Squad.. Who Gets the Boot

fuhgawz
342 posts Member
So we get 6 members of Phoenix so one of the new squad will be on the bench. For those thinking of using the at some point, who would your team be and who would you trow to the curb.

Giving Hera's Leader Ability I figured Uniques may be the deciding factor. Below is the link to the full kit for all the characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/98150/phoenix-squadron-abilities#latest

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    i haven't looked at phoenix much but that tank dude looks useless. Not really sure what all the phoenix fuss is about.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    I will not use any
  • fuhgawz
    342 posts Member
    The post was who would you use... are you using them...

Why make comments that don't add anything to the discussion?
  • Chopper seems like the odd man out, to me.
  • Chopper seems like the odd man out, to me.
    Yea chop seems to be the odd one out. Yet we ll probably have more shards for him than others
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    No way chopper is out. 15% protection gain on damage taken is redoculously op.... AND from testing in his challenge it is removed when it is burned through meaning that the next attack returns the buff. Looked in the SWGOH.GG code for the ability and the shield is granted PRE damage. Chopper himself can easily reach 55k protection meaning he gets a shield of 8,250 EVERY TIME HE GETS HIT!!!

Then he will recover 15% max health every turn
    That's 2,850
    So you have to land an attack greater than 8,250 damage to even damage his protection AT ALL, and a further 2,850 damage on top of it will be healed next turn. Toss him and Chirrut in alone and they'll never die
  • fuhgawz
    342 posts Member
    he gets 15% protection up not 15% protection. It also does not stack so it may not be as good as it seems as the most protection gain he can get is 15%
  • Ezra is out. No reason other than he's a terrible character.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Durrun wrote: »
    No way chopper is out. 15% protection gain on damage taken is redoculously op.... AND from testing in his challenge it is removed when it is burned through meaning that the next attack returns the buff. Looked in the SWGOH.GG code for the ability and the shield is granted PRE damage. Chopper himself can easily reach 55k protection meaning he gets a shield of 8,250 EVERY TIME HE GETS HIT!!!

That's 2,850
    So you have to land an attack greater than 8,250 damage to even damage his protection AT ALL, and a further 2,850 damage on top of it will be healed next turn. Toss him and Chirrut in alone and they'll never die

This...chopper, and zeb both add protection...i think most PS teams will want chopper, kanan and zeb.... the ones to rotate are sabine and ezra... pending if its a zaul team or zader/zylo team.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Durrun wrote: »

That's 2,850

This...chopper, and zeb both add protection...i think most PS teams will want chopper, kanan and zeb.... the ones to rotate are sabine and ezra... pending if its a zaul team or zader/zylo team.

Sabine looks OP so there's a good chance Ezra will be the odd man kid out.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Ezra has stacking offense though. I'm thinking zeb or chopper will be out depending on the opponent.