TFP Ability Block Through Foresight Not WAI *Dev Response re-posted*

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited March 2017
Since an actual developer of the game did not respond last time, I'm asking this again. It is quite important as tonight I will have my second zeta. I use zQGJ and if this is uniquely aggrevating effect is a bug, I plan on zYoda. If it really is WAI I'll be reluctant to continue investing in Jedi.

Before non-devs hop on and try to use their analysis of the wording of the ability to explain the effect: I've heard it all before. It makes no sense that his ability block sticks through foresight when a whole slew of abilities that formerly did such things got fixed recently.

Also, I think Dooku's shock happens through foresight as well, still? Not completely sure on that though.
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• SubzeeeDon
    736 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It's not working. I think I saw a Dev response but don't quote me on that. But yh it's defo not WAI. The only way it works through foresight is through Vader basic that cannot be evaded by Jedi I'm sure
  • WAI

Wait what.

Doesn't make sense.

Anyway.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    I looked at the mechanics for foresight on swgoh.gg for several different characters, and all of them modify dodge and deflection, and never tenacity or resistance. So it looks like maybe foresight is not intended to absolutely block debuffs. Some debuffers debuff dependent on damage, others don't. Not consistent, but that's the way it is.

Can't say if this is really WAI, but if it's not, tenacity/resistance chance needs to be modified by foresight.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So, both Dooku and TFP have extra effects added on to their initial abilities. Dooku's stun gets shock added on and TFP AoE buff immunity gets ability block added on.

Just so everyone is keenly aware of the fact that I know what is currently going on:

Dooku damages with stun ability and clears foresight, then the foresight is not there to stop the shock. TFP damages on his AoE with buff immunity ability and clears foresight, then the foresight is not there to stop the ability block.

My question has nothing to do with how they are functioning in the game, but if they are suppose to be functioning this way. There is no reason to believe that both abilities shouldn't be happening simultaneously like Kylo or Anakin when they inflict multiple debuffs.

If you all like to use sentence structure in arguments, explain why Poe's buff immunity doesn't get through.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    So, both Dooku and TFP have extra effects added on to their initial abilities. Dooku's stun gets shock added on and TFP AoE buff immunity gets ability block added on.

Just so everyone is keenly aware of the fact that I know what is currently going on:

Dooku damages with stun ability and clears foresight, then the foresight is not there to stop the shock. TFP damages on his AoE with buff immunity ability and clears foresight, then the foresight is not there to stop the ability block.

My question has nothing to do with how they are functioning in the game, but if they are suppose to be functioning this way. There is no reason to believe that both abilities shouldn't be happening simultaneously like Kylo or Anakin when they inflict multiple debuffs.

If you all like to use sentence structure in arguments, explain why Poe's buff immunity doesn't get through.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

Both of these are bugs that are being worked on. Confirmed by kozi
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Snake2 Thank you!
    Hiya!
    Bugs have been filed for the following:
    • TIE Fighter Pilot applying Ability Block through Foresight.
    • Count Dooku applying Shock through Foresight.
    • Finn applying Stun through Foresight.

Please note Darth Vader applying Ability Block with his "Terrifying Swing" on Jedis is as designed because Jedis cannot Evade or Resist this attack.
  • @Snake2 Thank you!
    Hiya!
    Bugs have been filed for the following:
    • TIE Fighter Pilot applying Ability Block through Foresight.
    • Count Dooku applying Shock through Foresight.
    • Finn applying Stun through Foresight.

Please note Darth Vader applying Ability Block with his "Terrifying Swing" on Jedis is as designed because Jedis cannot Evade or Resist this attack.

There it is! You can quote me on it now lol
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Bump. TFP is still applying ability block through foresight. Based on today's dev update this is definitely a bug

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114199/ship-evasion-resistability#latest
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Plo can dispel on dodge too, but sometimes it doesn't do anything so I guess theres a trade-off there.

But yep, Dooku and TFP are still both applying Shock/Ability block through foresight. Not sure about Finn as I don't use him.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member

Seems you answered your own query. I don't see what the issue is with this.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Ah okay, I get it. You want all the effects to be stacked as a single order of operation. Well, I'm not gonna comment on that. My opinion would be a biased one.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    R2 burns through foresight
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Olga, Olga, Olga, first you couldn't figure out how to use DN. Then you couldn't figure out how to win with Zaul. Now you are having trouble understanding a bug. I hope you havent spawned.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Ah okay, I get it. You want all the effects to be stacked as a single order of operation. Well, I'm not gonna comment on that. My opinion would be a biased one.

It's not that he wants it for his own personal gain solely (He clearly would benefit from it), but the fact that those two are so inconsistent with every other attack like that in the game. All other attacks with debuffs if they are dodged the whole attack+debuff combo is dodged. TFP's attack and buff immunity debuff are dodged, but the ability block isn't. The attack is inconsistent with itself, let alone the rest of the game.