A (hopefully) modest gear request

Gear is a hassle. We all know it. But that's okay; the satisfaction of working to get that last piece to bump a toon a new level is a great feeling, and there's not that big a hurry. But I do have a couple of modest requests that I think are fair and hope the devs will take into consideration.

First, that no gear piece should be exclusive to raids or shops. They should all be farmable on a node somewhere. I mean, I need over 700 cuff salvages right now. That's fine; I can farm 50 in a week. But there are some pieces - like furnaces - you can only get by buying them from a shop, or getting lucky enough to win them in a raid.

Second, that raid reward gear is never challenge gear. It's such a letdown to do a raid, only to get 25 Mk IX data pads I already have over 500 of, when I desperately need furnaces, cuffs or droid callers.

That's it. No complaints on drop rates. No complaints on the amount of gear needed. Just give me a way to node farm it all and exclude challenge gear from raid rewards and I'll be a happy camper.

Replies

• Options
    That 2nd one. Oh man that 2nd one. So depressing to see.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, but this is a complaint!

You just ask you need more raid gear and you basically complained about drop rate of challenge gear which are greater than 0.

Asking for deleting challenge gear from raid reward is not a smart idea: the pieces you need the most in the game in absolute value are mk3 carbantis, mk6 hypo Syringes and gold biotech implants.

You just think you need more cuffs and guns because they are rarer...
  • Options
    Bump- agree
  • Options
    there should be some option that you can change in low tier gear of which you got like a 1000+ for higher tier gear which would make the collecting of gear a bit easier
  • Options
    That second one needs to happen sorry. That is the most absurd thing I've ever seen in a game. Clearly they're oblivious to the situation

Or they do it purposefully frustrate us
  • Options
    I'm just tired of doing a full refresh and only dropping 0-2 pieces
  • Options
    The second one is disgraceful. Imagine completing your first HAAT raid and your given that crap. Unbelievable and ridiculous. Why do easy as hell challenges and the highest level of end game play both reward the same thing!? No one does the AAT raid for the credits.. that's supposed to be a bonus
  • Options
    I definitely do it for the credits. It's rare the gear rewards gets used, I donate them in guild exchange usually. Since all of the hAAT "exclusive" gear is in the shipments as well, it's easier to save crystals and buy what is needed.
  • Treadhead2017
    516 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is a complaint!

You just ask you need more raid gear and you basically complained about drop rate of challenge gear which are greater than 0.

Asking for deleting challenge gear from raid reward is not a smart idea: the pieces you need the most in the game in absolute value are mk3 carbantis, mk6 hypo Syringes and gold biotech implants.

You just think you need more cuffs and guns because they are rarer...

Ummm, no. If you red what I wrote, I specifically say that cuffs are fine. You know...in that sentence that says cuffs are fine because I can farm 50 in a week. Sure, I'd like more, but there okay since I can get them with some time and attention. But there re definitely gear pieces I need that I can't farm outside a shop, and I think that should change.

If you want to decide that's a complaint, go for it. But for the record, I'm not complaining about cuffs or any gear I can farm. Not really complaining about the other....just making a suggestion to make it a little more balanced.
  • Options
    So my guild just beat an AAT raid. Got gear "rewards" of a piece I have over 500 of, and another I have 112 of. Both challenge gear. That's not much of a reward at all.