Tenacity = it's a joke! (It's a bug actually)

Prev1
Tiggus
766 posts Member
edited March 2017
Let's play a little game: One guy on my team has been modded all-tenacity, and has tenacity = 88%. Can you guess who? (all others have the usual 35-40%).
Note: given they all neatly give a different mark, you can easily guess what happened so far.

boKbaOU.jpg

Potency of the guys in front:
  1. Maul 21.5%
  2. Tie Pilot 67%
  3. Palpy 92%
  4. Boba 40%
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
Post edited by Tiggus on

Replies

• Would guess it's GK, but yes, tenacity is a joke.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    WAI
    <3 it, hate seeying "resisted"
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • OP is right though. Tenacity really doesn't do much to help. Not as much as it should.
  • Had my zavage in the 90% range for tenacity after omegaing his leader ability and the rest of my team was over 60% a couple weeks ago. First battle I face nonleader palp with around 40%ish potency. Was pretty **** when my entire was stunned and then when they all were hit by debuffs about 85% of the time during the rest of that day.

I did the same as you with zader awhile ago. Had insane tenacity at the expense of speed. He rarelt if ever resisted anything. Now I just use speed and he has a better chance go avoid debuffs now for some reason that doesn't make sense unless it's broken in arena.

There is a reason most in highend arena don't use potency crosses over speed
  • There was that one guy who **** at his coding job and tenacity is thus broken.
  • Try using tenacity leader during phase one of haat with a team of 90% for each toon. It's guaranteed to mean you will get all debuffs in opening attack.

Ever use luke lead with his tenacity bonus? Ya, it doesn't work either
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Tenacity seems to be very much an on/off setting: it generally doesn't work, except for Rex and Yoda's specials where it works 100% (tenacity up = up 5000% perhaps?)
  • Yeah Tenacity in general does not seem worth to invest into, which is a pity. A fully decked out team should resist most stuff.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Try using tenacity leader during phase one of haat with a team of 90% for each toon. It's guaranteed to mean you will get all debuffs in opening attack.

@warmonkey Did you try Aayla and Yoda's leads, and they're broken too? I should try with Yoda as lead, I'll get 120% tenacity, which theoretically would mean a 100% resist chance against Maul. I'm probably not going to give it a zeta for the sake of science though ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Try using tenacity leader during phase one of haat with a team of 90% for each toon. It's guaranteed to mean you will get all debuffs in opening attack.

aayla lead + tenacity crosses (except for ani) in p1 works great. ~50% tenacity and i don't use yoda for guaranteed resists.
    other than that, tenacity isn't a great stat to boost. But people have to realize how much it sucks now to try to resist effects, having it suck equally much when you try to land effects with be so much worse.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Tiggus wrote: »

@warmonkey Did you try Aayla and Yoda's leads, and they're broken too? I should try with Yoda as lead, I'll get 120% tenacity, which theoretically would mean a 100% resist chance against Maul. I'm probably not going to give it a zeta for the sake of science though ;)

@Tiggus Don't do it! Guildmate did and then he spent next day complaining about it not working and how he wasted it on him
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

aayla lead + tenacity crosses (except for ani) in p1 works great. ~50% tenacity and i don't use yoda for guaranteed resists.
    other than that, tenacity isn't a great stat to boost. But people have to realize how much it sucks now to try to resist effects, having it suck equally much when you try to land effects with be so much worse.

I tried luke lead months ago in regular aat phase 1 to test what would happen. Didn't work at all for me using rebel team. So I tried AA and once again after many retreats it didn't stop a debuff once. Haven't tried aayla. Even yoda's battle meditation seems to fail on the second from the right toon. That one spot always seems to get hit by debuff even with tenacity up. During yesterday's haat qgj had tenacity up and then GG aoe hit him and he ended up with two debuffs, one was tenacity down.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    other than that, tenacity isn't a great stat to boost....

Which IMO has a lot to do with the failure of mods to bring the diversity it promised. At the moment, mods is really just about speed, nothing else matters. If tenacity worked as intended, it could offer a viable alternative to speed: a very fast Tie Pilot or Palpatine isn't going to do much harm if most toons on the other side resist their effects.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    That one spot always seems to get hit by debuff even with tenacity up. During yesterday's haat qgj had tenacity up and then GG aoe hit him and he ended up with two debuffs, one was tenacity down.

Ah yes, I've seen that too, I think in the same position. I'll watch it closer next time. I think tenacity-down is the only effect that can be successfully applied over tenacity-up, all other effects (e.g. slow) are resisted.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Tiggus wrote: »
    other than that, tenacity isn't a great stat to boost....

Which IMO has a lot to do with the failure of mods to bring the diversity it promised. At the moment, mods is really just about speed, nothing else matters. If tenacity worked as intended, it could offer a viable alternative to speed: a very fast Tie Pilot or Palpatine isn't going to do much harm if most toons on the other side resist their effects.

nah, it would just eliminate debuff toons their usefullness, back to straight dps + speed. Pure speculation ofcourse.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Potency and tenacity, in their current state of the game, should be changed. That being said, I'm fine with a base 15% resist chance.

Then we should see potency used to increase the strength of dots or the increase the duration of detrimental effects. And likewise, tenacity should decrease the damage of dots and decrease the duration of detrimental effects. At least then we could see a reason to stack these two stats.
  • the same keeps happening to me. losing games because tenacity isn't working and losing out on rewards. support told me to post on this thread that I'm suffering the same problems
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Another day, another battle:
    v994Cg1.jpg

My General Kenobi: 91% tenacity
    1nJFSbB.png

His Maul (he didn't waste time with potency): 1.3%
    xFUOu4t.png

I think we can safely assume it's a bug by now.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Maul gains Potency equal to 0.3% of his Max health. He should have close to 18K health which makes that 55% Potency(54% from passive ability and 1% from mods). 91%-55% = 36% Resist Chance. Still doesn't seem like a bug to me.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Maul gains Potency equal to 0.3% of his Max health. He should have close to 18K health which makes that 55% Potency(54% from passive ability and 1% from mods). 91%-55% = 36% Resist Chance. Still doesn't seem like a bug to me.

@Huatimus True, I forgot about that one... I'm still convinced it's fishy, because I've played like 4-5 battles, and GK resisted about nothing at all. Actually others on my team (e.g. Boba) resisted more than him. And that's fighting Empire teams with Vader, Boba, EP, Maul, Sidious, Tie Pilot,... All of them apply debuffs, so it's a pretty decent sample size already, and out of all ~30 debuffs or so that made their way to GK with 30-70% potency rates, he resisted maybe a couple.

Anyhow, it's still a complete failure of the Tenacity mods if that's the kind of result one gets out of going all-out on tenacity (not that I really care myself... I have one or two sets of Tenacity mods, just wanted to test it out).

I'll ask my shard mates to try it the other way around, with a not-so-potent toon perhaps.
  • Potency vs tenacity has been broken for ever....I don't see them fixing it properly anytime soon
  • @Tiggus Even without the correction to Mauls' potency, having a 90% chance to resist means you can expect it to fail 10 times in a row using their RNG coding.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I agree with OP. Tenacity really doesn't help at all, and never has from my experience.

I really hope CG refactors tenacity so that we have an alternative to the current practical requirement of needing a toon that dispells and one that grants tenacity up.

Whaddya think @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    @Tiggus Even without the correction to Mauls' potency, having a 90% chance to resist means you can expect it to fail 10 times in a row using their RNG coding.

@Gank_Killer That's certainly true, but compare how many "dodge is out of control!" threads we have (with Maul's dodge rates officially at about 25-30%), with how many "resist rates are out of control!" (with printed resist rates ranging from 15% to 50%).

I've battled the Rancor (~80 - 90% tenacity perhaps?) with under-potent toons, and it was plain obvious that the beast had a significant (above 15%) chance of resisting effects, with both lucky and unlucky streaks. If you face a toon in Arena who has a similar 80-90% tenacity, you won't even notice, he'll probably still dodge more than he resists.

That said, I'm running an Empire team in Arena right now, so I'm personally rather happy tenacity is broken :)
  • Tenacity Up SHOULD be nerfed it is broken
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Tenacity Up SHOULD be nerfed it is broken

It's definitely OP, most of the other buffs like Speed Up/Offense Up give at most 50% buff to the stat. Tenacity Up gives 999900% buff. What's up yo?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Pretty sure maul's potency buff from his unique is bugged. I believe it grants significantly more potency than its meant to.

https://youtu.be/nIrDgS98RtA

In the video above I show a 165% tenacity B2 getting dazed by a 54% potency Maul. The resist chance is 100%. Notice that all 4 of vader's (he has less than 50% potency) buffs are resisted.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Pretty sure maul's potency buff from his unique is bugged. I believe it grants significantly more potency than its meant to.

https://youtu.be/nIrDgS98RtA

In the video above I show a 165% tenacity B2 getting dazed by a 54% potency Maul. The resist chance is 100%. Notice that all 4 of vader's (he has less than 50% potency) buffs are resisted.

@Josh_K pretty sure you are correct.... I have never seen somone apply an AOE negative effect as often as maul does. 99% of the time it applies 5/5 unless its dodged. Don't think I have ever seen it resisted.
  • @Josh_K

Luke leader ability has never worked. But Zaul is obviously bugged.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon @EA_MindTricks can you guys take a look into this please.

Edit: zMauls daze that is