Help deciding Fifth toon for a Pit squad

Currently 15/20 to Z Vader, so rushing preparations for a pit team. Dont want to farm new characters so need to work with what i have available, maybe take one to 7* if needed.

Got enough mods around to speed up almost everyone to acceptable levels, but still farming a couple elusive speed arrows.

My guild is doing T6, so 7* is not needed, but might persuade them to go heroic if i can guarantee a solo finish

Plan on running
Zader
TFP
Sid
Palps

And im not sure on the 5th.
Bobba for his execute
RG for speed down and tm down trough zader ( hes not 7*)
Dooku for his double basic and tm down trough Zader (hes not 7* but an easy farm)
Rex for tm down on basic and removal of DM (again, not 7* but easy farm)
QGJ tm down on basic
Phasma for his D down and VM, also speed down for an emergency

Anyway, here is my profile, id appreciate if you guys can point me in the right direction, using the toons i already have, even if it means adding stars to one

https://swgoh.gg/u/quicogalante/

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    QJG or RG would be good but I'd say RG for the slow
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Rex. And I use Squad Discipline on CD, never bother to wait for Death Mark. That TM increase really helps to keep your entire team hitting fast enough to trigger Zader leadership TMR ability. Rex basic is also much more consistent that QGJ.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Rex is best. I'm trying with your team as well and QGJ in 5 spot... Not working. Wish I had Rex. Also, don't forget your speed. I have 239 TFP, 220 Sid, 200 Zader, 184 EP, 185 QGJ... And again, it's not enough, but I'll get there.
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MPac wrote: »
    Rex is best. I'm trying with your team as well and QGJ in 5 spot... Not working. Wish I had Rex. Also, don't forget your speed. I have 239 TFP, 220 Sid, 200 Zader, 184 EP, 185 QGJ... And again, it's not enough, but I'll get there.

For what i read, that speed should be enough if you run a full empire/sith team. Thats why i cant decide who to use, i can get everyone to 180s in a week or sowhen i finish farming gear, except TFP whos much faster

Read lots of posts saying solo is possible with that parameters

After both your posts im between Rex and Dooku or RG
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    For what i read, that speed should be enough if you run a full empire/sith team. Thats why i cant decide who to use, i can get everyone to 180s in a week or sowhen i finish farming gear, except TFP whos much faster

I assure you it's not. My guild is tier 6 and I cant seem to solo. I also have read all the posts, etc. as well. I have tried RG, Magma, and Tarkin as 5th instead of QGJ. Heck I even tried teebo and did it all manually. Rancor always seems to get enough turns to knock out my toons. Here is my profile if you think I'm missing something... https://swgoh.gg/u/mpacton/collection/

But I just wanted to point out that speed is needed as well and it isn't as simple as some say on these forums. Just trying to be helpful.
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MPac wrote: »
    [quote/] For what i read, that speed should be enough if you run a full empire/sith team. Thats why i cant decide who to use, i can get everyone to 180s in a week or sowhen i finish farming gear, except TFP whos much faster

I assure you it's not. My guild is tier 6 and I cant seem to solo. I also have read all the posts, etc. as well. I have tried RG, Magma, and Tarkin as 5th instead of QGJ. Heck I even tried teebo and did it all manually. Rancor always seems to get enough turns to knock out my toons. Here is my profile if you think I'm missing something... https://swgoh.gg/u/mpacton/collection/

But I just wanted to point out that it isn't as simple as some say on here. [/quote]

Wow, that sucks. Maybe its because T6 has a hell of a lot more hitpoints than 7?
    Anyone know the Rancor speed on both tiers?

BTW, quoting is not working properly lmao
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    It's not the quoting not working. I jacked it up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dooky, rex, qgj, magma and RG should all work.
    personally i prefer rex.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    IoEH2iE.jpg

I know you can solo with a full G11 squad and rex, lol. My roster is a bit more modest, and i seen solos with around what i have to work with but need to plan who and what to farm carefully

Vader is G10, and I can have, TFP and Sid to 10 in 7-10 days,palps if im lucky with droid callers, but its the 5th one that bugs me. Have to make a choice and stick to it . Rex looks like the majority choice, so might go that road
  • IoEH2iE.jpg

I know you can solo with a full G11 squad and rex, lol. My roster is a bit more modest, and i seen solos with around what i have to work with but need to plan who and what to farm carefully

Vader is G10, and I can have, TFP and Sid to 10 in 7-10 days,palps if im lucky with droid callers, but its the 5th one that bugs me. Have to make a choice and stick to it . Rex looks like the majority choice, so might go that road

Just showing the team, you won't need maxed levels lol
  • IoEH2iE.jpg

Just showing the team, you won't need maxed levels lol

Haha, cool. Just curious, whats your squad speed?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    IoEH2iE.jpg

i don't think you actually need them to be g11. It's about TMR, not about how much hits they can take and how much damage they can do. I can't really test this theory since 4/5 of my necessary toons are already g11, but the 5th is a g8 sid. Speed is your friend though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I havent used Rex. But I have gotten through all the phases with Zader, Sid, Zooku, TFP and Teebo. Phase 3 and 4 with decent rng Rancor doesnt even move till he's dead.

Food for thought: Dooku with his double attacks and counters and extra turn meter really helps keep Rancor turn meter down. One turn his double basic can potential remove 40%. RG has slow yes but so does vader with his force crush. Just make sure Tie goes first with a basic crit to start strong with tenacity down. I usually retreat and restart till I get a crit on first hit. It is also important to remember not to use culling blade until the right time. It will remove tenacity down, slow etc. The trick is to make sure TFP can tenacity down again right after. It is also nice to wait until your force crush has refreshed so you can culling blade then force crush next turn to reapply slow.

I think Dooku would perform great for your team. Also, try Zader (L), TFP, Sid, Dooku and Boba. Just keep in mind the above and don't use Boba's execute at the wrong time like culling blade.
    Officer of the Villains alliance Discord username: iNinja420 (V1-O)#9708 Recruiting All Levels! Come Join Us on Discord
  • I'd definitely go with Rex. Phase 1 can still be a bit tricky and if you get the death mark on one of your team and get unlucky you could lose one before you even get to the rancor. Speed is important but one of my guild mates can also solo the rancor and he's using RG and Tarkin who are both pretty slow. I use Vader, EP, Sid, TFP and Rex. You can check out their speed here https://swgoh.gg/u/obiwansteel/
  • Thanks everyone for your input