The grand inquisitor

Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
edited March 2017
This guy is pretty much the only original character I think is any good in Star Wars rebels (buuut they killed him off...) so I hope that this game does him justice. I've come up with some ideas for what he could be like in game, let me know what you guys think.

The grand inquisitor: empire, inquisitor, dark side, support

Basic 1:
precise strike (single blade)
Deal physical damage to target enemy and expose them for two turns.If target enemy was already exposed, inflict healing immunity for 3 turns and remove 20% turn meter.

Basic 2:
Whirling blades (doubled bladed mode)
Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict stagger for two turns. Additionally, if target enemy had any debuffs, daze them for 3 turns.

Special ability:
Change of tactics
Switch light saber modes, gaining 50% turn meter and advantage for one turn. If switching from precise strike to whirling blades, remove 30% turn meter from all enemies and gain expose for two turns. If switching from whirling blades to precise strike, expose 2 random enemies.

Leader ability:
Grand inquisitor of the galactic empire
Empire allies gain 30% critical chance and 15 speed. Inquisitors gain 30% critical damage when attacking jedi and have 30% counter chance, doubled against Jedi.
Zeta: 50% counter chance and guaranteed critical hit for inquisitors when attacking outside of their turn. Remove 10% turn meter from all enemies on a critical hit.

Unique ability:
Former temple guard
The grand inquisitor has 50% counter chance and has a 30% chance to expose each enemy at the start of his turn, doubled against Jedi. Additionally, the grand inquisitors attacks can't be countered by Jedi, and has 50% critical avoidance against Jedi.

Yeah, I know this might be a little bit OP, but if any rebels villain deserves to be good (besides thrawn of course) it should be this guy. I look forward to hearing your guys' ideas/comments/suggestions, thanks for stopping by.
Post edited by Georgemi6 on

Replies

• Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, he starts off the encounter with "precise strike" as his basic
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Please don't create a full write up for this guy. If he's going to be added the devs already have a kit in mind. All this does is upset the Jedi Fanboys by suggesting another Kit with Anti-Jedi synergy that they're sick of with all the attention Sith got.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    Please don't create a full write up for this guy. If he's going to be added the devs already have a kit in mind. All this does is upset the Jedi Fanboys by suggesting another Kit with Anti-Jedi synergy that they're sick of with all the attention Sith got.

Too late lol. I was just doing it for fun, and for speculation. Plus I designed him just to counter the inevitable Phoenix meta (specifically Kanin and Ezra)
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

Too late lol. I was just doing it for fun, and for speculation. Plus I designed him just to counter the inevitable Phoenix meta (specifically Kanin and Ezra)

Funny enough, Deathtrooper might be the counter with his AoE dispel that inflicts Heal Immunity. That debuff will be a must have with them healing every time they're debuffed.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

Funny enough, Deathtrooper might be the counter with his AoE dispel that inflicts Heal Immunity. That debuff will be a must have with them healing every time they're debuffed.

True... I kinda forgot about that whole heal thing... oh well
  • Options
    ^^^ I thought he was Snoke
    I fight the good fight
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I changed "precise strikes" to where he inflicts heal block and removes tmr instead of the bonus damage... its kind of redundant, because expose already does percent health damage
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Would love to see him added along with the other 3 inquisitors (: give the Empire some numbers against the Rebels hahah.
  • Options

I'll be that guy, aside for the fanboy part. Not a fan of the jedi in the game because overall, they are pretty weak as a faction, but why add ANOTHER toon who is specifically anti-jedi?

I get that the universe was full of anti-jedi, but sheesh. They were supposed to be powerful beings, and they look like a joke in game.

I don't have all the jedi unlocked, but how many of them have "anti" tactics against other factions? Seems they are getting the short end of the stick here.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Just thought of another factor that makes Deathtrooper a counter to Phoenix Squadron. His Terminate would prevent the revive on Hera's borderline OP Back Up plan buff.

Krennic and DT weren't really too great before, but they might become a counter to this new Rebel meta. Assuming Phoenix Squadron becomes a meta. On paper they look OP, but so did Krennic and DT.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    This guy is pretty much the only original character I think is any good in Star Wars rebels (buuut they killed him off...) so I hope that this game does him justice. I've come up with some ideas for what he could be like in game, let me know what you guys think.

Basic 1:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy and expose them for two turns.If target enemy was already exposed, inflict healing immunity for 3 turns and remove 20% turn meter.

Basic 2:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict stagger for two turns. Additionally, if target enemy had any debuffs, daze them for 3 turns.

Special ability:
    Change of tactics
    Switch light saber modes, gaining 50% turn meter and advantage for one turn. If switching from precise strike to whirling blades, remove 30% turn meter from all enemies and gain expose for two turns. If switching from whirling blades to precise strike, expose 2 random enemies.

Leader ability:
    Empire allies gain 30% critical chance and 15 speed. Inquisitors gain 30% critical damage when attacking jedi and have 30% counter chance, doubled against Jedi.
    Zeta: 50% counter chance and guaranteed critical hit for inquisitors when attacking outside of their turn. Remove 10% turn meter on a critical hit.

Unique ability:
    Former temple guard
    The grand inquisitor has 50% counter chance and has a 30% chance to expose each enemy at the start of his turn, doubled against Jedi. Additionally, the grand inquisitors attacks can't be countered by Jedi, and has 50% critical avoidance against Jedi.

Yeah, I know this might be a little bit OP, but if any rebels villain deserves to be good (besides thrawn of course) it should be this guy. I look forward to hearing your guys' ideas/comments/suggestions, thanks for stopping by.

TM down on zeta outside of turn would be useless since he would only counter a toon on their turn and would start at zero. Depending on how code works would be bet certain toons getting TM up like TFP and under Chirpa lead.
  • Options

I'll be that guy, aside for the fanboy part. Not a fan of the jedi in the game because overall, they are pretty weak as a faction, but why add ANOTHER toon who is specifically anti-jedi?

I get that the universe was full of anti-jedi, but sheesh. They were supposed to be powerful beings, and they look like a joke in game.

I don't have all the jedi unlocked, but how many of them have "anti" tactics against other factions? Seems they are getting the short end of the stick here.

I'm not justifying the amount of anti Jedi stuff in the game, but the inquisitors were literally only a thing because they are supposed to kill Jedi. Also, the grand inquisitor was a Jedi, so he'd know their tactics n'stuff. As for the part about Jedi not have anti whatever stuff, the only thing they should really be "antiing" is droids (who have it way worse than Jedi) and sith, but theat would basically just be mace.
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »

Basic 1:

Basic 2:

Special ability:
    Change of tactics

Leader ability:
    Zeta: 50% counter chance and guaranteed critical hit for inquisitors when attacking outside of their turn. Remove 10% turn meter on a critical hit.

Unique ability:
    Former temple guard

TM down on zeta outside of turn would be useless since he would only counter a toon on their turn and would start at zero. Depending on how code works would be bet certain toons getting TM up like TFP and under Chirpa lead.

Ok let's just pretend that I put remove 10% turn meter from all enemies.... now THATs op