Finn?

Sooo I haven't heard much about this guy.

All the other new characters seem pretty good, so I was wondering why I haven't seen him in arena at all. He's a pretty easy farm and I got him in The Force Awakens pack.

Does anyone have him geared and starred up? I'd like some input :)

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    @Qeltar had a thread running about it. You can search for it if you want. The general consensus is that he sucks.
  • He's not too bad. He hits hard and has both exopose and advantage.
    I would put him as leader: Rey + Resistance Trooper + Resistance Pilot + Poe

It's a good team with plenty of DPS, protection, expose, evasion, and Finn's kill shots.
    I use his basic, then heal, then basic some more.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    He's not too bad. He hits hard and has both exopose and advantage.
    I would put him as leader: Rey + Resistance Trooper + Resistance Pilot + Poe

It's a good team with plenty of DPS, protection, expose, evasion, and Finn's kill shots.
    I use his basic, then heal, then basic some more.

Why not Poe as leader?
  • I don't have him geared up or built - just farming - but I think he has promise if he's in the right team construction. He's a big time tank with a stun / expose - so he has some offensive skills. I think you'd want him in a tank heavy team though, possibly buffed up by Poggle or some other offensive buffer. I have him on the to do list to build / gear after two others I'm currently working on. I don't think he's OP, but on a team vs. speedy cannons I think he could be an option.
  • Finn the human is best paired with Jake the dog and Marceline the Vampire Queen. He has some synergy with Princess Bubblegum and Flame Princess. Don't pair him with the Ice King or Gunter.
  • Yeah, I'm a fan of % offense boost. Finn and Poe have it and Poe has potency % boost.
    Both have around 20% or more and Finn has a bit of Defense for an already strong Resistance.
    Maybe Taunt one hit longer?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Finn is a "tweener". He does a lot of things "okay" but nothing especially well. His skills are sub-standard, and the need to keep track of whom you have already attacked is a pain.
    The skill that gives him advantage is a nearly complete waste. Compare that to Phasma giving advantage to the entire team. He's so slow that by the time he gets another turn, in my experience the advantage is gone more than 50% of the time before he even uses it. So you're giving up a turn for a slight heal.
    He also has a special that applies two negative status effects -- and a potency of 2%! So he's constantly resisted.
    He's definitely the worst of the named characters from Episode 7 in this game. Hope he gets a bit of a buff.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.