Heroic Rancor Team Suggestions

It would seem that my guild is considering moving on to Heroic Rancor, and though I have a pile of 7* characters (23), I don't really know which ones are the best for doing this. I've tried to search for information on here, but the stuff I keep finding is either out-dated, or just a page full of Requests For Joining Guilds. (Yeah, I'm probably just terrible at searching.)

Anyway, I have Teebo at 7*, it seems the general consensus that he is a must. Fine. I have Ewok Elder and Ewok Scout and they could probably be 7* by the time my guild gets around to actually starting this, so I'd prefer to use them in my lineup if possible. That's really the only guideline I have for what I'm looking for. So by all means, suggest whatever lineups you have or that you find efficient. I'm open to anything.

Also, if you know right off what kind of Mods/Lowest possible Gear level I could get by with, I'd happily accept that info as well.

Replies

• I'm about to start hRancor as well, and this is the team I'm working on:

Teebo (L), QGJ, Fives, Wiggs

Subs: Rex, EE

Or a Zader team with TFP, Sidious, Palpatine, Rex would be the most fun, I'd think

Or a Zader team with TFP, Sidious, Palpatine, Rex would be the most fun, I'd think

So, I have a pretty decent Wiggs set up, but I'm frankly just sick of them.... Maybe I could go:

Teebo (L)

Ewok Scout

GQJ

Ewok Elder

Fives

That gives me Slow, Cleanse, TM Reduction, Healing/Revive, assists... The only thing missing is Tenacity Down. Is that a big must, you think?

So, I have a pretty decent Wiggs set up, but I'm frankly just sick of them.... Maybe I could go:

Teebo (L)

Ewok Scout

GQJ

Ewok Elder

Fives

That gives me Slow, Cleanse, TM Reduction, Healing/Revive, assists... The only thing missing is Tenacity Down. Is that a big must, you think?

That team you just mentioned won't get you much in terms of damage. I know you said you're sick of wiggs but they do perform very well in terms of heroic rancor raids (as well as everything else). I use teebo (l), gqj, 5's, wedge and Biggs and I can solo the guards and get into about 50% of p2 in about 15 minutes.
  • I should also mention that a big concern is being able to just stay alive. Getting characters past G8 is pretty tough for me, so a lot of my characters don't have much staying power.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    I should also mention that a big concern is being able to just stay alive. Getting characters past G8 is pretty tough for me, so a lot of my characters don't have much staying power.

If they're only gear 8, you're gonna need some good mods and just go for TMR instead of damage. TMR + Potency mods w/ speed secondaries will get you the same damage, it will just take you a lot more time to get there than the 15 minutes with Wiggs. You don't necessarily need Tenacity down if you can get your characters above/around 80% potency (Potency primary cross + 3 potency sets nets you +54% potency so as long as they have at least 26% base potency that's enough to land the TMR consistently.)
  • NightfallsCurse
    537 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I should also mention that a big concern is being able to just stay alive. Getting characters past G8 is pretty tough for me, so a lot of my characters don't have much staying power.

If they're only gear 8, you're gonna need some good mods and just go for TMR instead of damage. TMR + Potency mods w/ speed secondaries will get you the same damage, it will just take you a lot more time to get there than the 15 minutes with Wiggs. You don't necessarily need Tenacity down if you can get your characters above/around 80% potency (Potency primary cross + 3 potency sets nets you +54% potency so as long as they have at least 26% base potency that's enough to land the TMR consistently.)

Good, this answers another question I had. Which mod set should I be farming? So you're suggesting Potency? That's fine. I fortunately have all Mod Challenges unlocked and 3*ed except for Offense and Speed. As for not being able to do much damage, I'm fine with that, as I work on an occasionally very boring night-shift and sitting here all night with not much to do is not uncommon.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Good, this answers another question I had. Which mod set should I be farming? So you're suggesting Potency? That's fine. I fortunately have all Mod Challenges unlocked and 3*ed except for Offense and Speed. As for not being able to do much damage, I'm fine with that, as I work on an occasionally very boring night-shift and sitting here all night with not much to do is not uncommon.

Oh you'll do plenty of damage, you just won't be able to do it in 15 minutes like Wiggs can. I don't run Wiggs either, but I use Teebo (L), Rex, QGJ, Fives, and TFP. (I have Five's basic omega'd which isn't ideal, but it still works) and I can get pretty far into p2 without much trouble at all, my only problem is that only 3/5 of them can reduce TM so thats not great for control. I'd suggest you try and get Rex in your team, his TMR is 100% chance when his basic is omega'd which is very nice to have it consistently (as long as his potency is high enough), but EE will be helpful in terms of speeding up Teebo and Ewok Scout to remove TM more often.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    For Mods anyone with a turn meter reduction/debuff effect wants Potency (as you need it as high as you can get it). Anyone else either damage/speed or critical damage

My personal A team is the 4 Ewoks and Captain Phasma
    (Phasma, Scout and Teebo all potency mods. Chirpa and Elder speed+ health mods)

Can clear phase 1 when around gear 8/9 and at gear 11 (where i have them) they can do ~ 60% to phase 2 even after clearing phase 1
  • rumnyc
    10 posts Member
    i use teebo ee qgj and wings. i can clear p1 and atleast half of p2 and all of p2 of good rng.

for teebo to be viable you need him at at 60pc potency. i have him on ~72.

i have guildmates who use zader teams who can clear the whole raid solo.
  • rumnyc wrote: »
    i use teebo ee qgj and wings. i can clear p1 and atleast half of p2 and all of p2 of good rng.

for teebo to be viable you need him at at 60pc potency. i have him on ~72.

i have guildmates who use zader teams who can clear the whole raid solo.

Nice, that sounds really good. I have Vader at 7*, Gear X, but by the time I get the 20 Zetas (my ships are awful), there will probably be something else even more powerful to do this raid with. Still, I'm working on it.

• Malcontent4
    251 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you don't want to go zVader; Teebo(l), QGJ, TFP, Phasma, Rex can clear phases 1, 2 and 3 and take out some of p4. Can score anywhere from 7-8 million.
  • I screwed up with 5s and imegaed his basic, so been using phasma instead. His speed down has a crappy cooldown but its usually not a problem since the goal is not getting hit at all.
    Plus the VM is a life saver.
    Teebo QGJ Sarge Phasma Rex, all with potency sets, pot primary on cross, pot sec when possible, and speed as usual

Dont do T7, but easily solo P1 T6, shouldnt be a problem with 7, since potency is high enough and speed is ok
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Ive not ran Heroic Rancor in a long long time (as 7* Han) so only post zero dmg

When I used to I ran the following which can easily clear p1 and was just shy of P2 as well

Teebo(l) with 90+ POT
    QGJ with 120+ POT
    Ewok Elder
    Phasma
    Geo Soldier

Things have moved on since then but was always a solid team for Rancor