For the Love of God

Can you P-E-LEASE do something about the zeta drop rate?

I mean this must be the 1259th post about this issue but how wiill these stop if you don't do something about it??

0 zetas for so many weeks is ABSURD. At least set a minimum I don't know but listen to the community and DO SOMETHING

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    You can purchase Zetas in fleet shipments.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    You can purchase Zetas in fleet shipments.

I know, this is not my issue.....
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Oh you want free stuff, okay.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

OP isnt asking for free stuff.. to get the required ships for the challenge itself takes a lot of effort and its frustrating when you finally get there to have such a dismal drop rate

Complaing about any other drop rate is more asking for free stuff and how many stun cuff threads have there been...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    That's why I farm zetas from the shop rather than ships for the challenge. It's just about how you choose to play.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    That's why I farm zetas from the shop rather than ships for the challenge. It's just about how you choose to play.

Just because people don't want to follow your "super way of life" doesn't mean they're wrong or you're smarter. He was saying, as a lot of person here, that having 0 zeta is a shame while the minimum should be one and not 0.

If a challenge bring a reward, that's more than normal to get 1 at least. And that's not because you're not agreeing with it that we're wrong to ask for it.

So please, just don't be that guy who always want the hard way because it's more enjoyable. Community means compromise,

Thanks mate.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Challenges already give you free zetas that aren't available to players who can't do the challenge. You already have an advantage over other players just by doing them. If you farm zetas from the shop you get like 4 a week? And with challenges you get an extra 4 rolls. You have a chance to potentially double the amount of zetas you can get each week and that is a free courtesy for your effort of farming ships? You need more to get greater advantage over other players? Sounds like a greedy entitled whine to me.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

I mean this must be the 1259th post about this issue but how wiill these stop if you don't do something about it??

0 zetas for so many weeks is ABSURD. At least set a minimum I don't know but listen to the community and DO SOMETHING

I second your opinion :) I am at 1 drop over 16 challenges :/.
    Challenges already give you free zetas that aren't available to players who can't do the challenge. You already have an advantage over other players just by doing them. If you farm zetas from the shop you get like 4 a week? And with challenges you get an extra 4 rolls. You have a chance to potentially double the amount of zetas you can get each week and that is a free courtesy for your effort of farming ships? You need more to get greater advantage over other players? Sounds like a greedy entitled whine to me.

You have an advantage at the cost of 6 ships at 5* around the cost of 45 Zeta materials. So we do expect some ROI...
  • Options

I completed my 1st zeta before unlocking the challenge,bying one piece every two days from the store. I spent 0 euros to do so so this must be free stuff too,no?

Anyway that's not my point,it's pretty much what the others said-and thank you all for your input: I can understand poor drop rate,really, I can.

But 0 in16 tries? It's wrong,end of discussion.Zeta are too important these days for the devs to overlook this issue,especially since the majority of the community YELLS for a fix on a daily basis.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i still think farming the ships is worth it. Personally my zeta droprate is pretty good, as is the droprate for others. So my best guess is that over time it will even out.
    I farmed the blueprints needed in the fleet store (and obviously also in the GW store) in order to "quickly" farm zeta's from the challenges and haven't regretted that choice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

The chance is the problem. Two people that start farming the challenge at the same time and buy the same amount of zetas will 100% not have the same number of zetas, creating a competitive gap that has nothing to do with anything but luck.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    3/4 in my last challenge try.
    Must suck to have a bad droprate but they won't change it and you know it.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

The chance is the problem. Two people that start farming the challenge at the same time and buy the same amount of zetas will 100% not have the same number of zetas, creating a competitive gap that has nothing to do with anything but luck.

My droprate has been pretty good, I don't keep track but I typically get at least 1 per week from challenges, and according to some of my guildmates experiences, and the forums I'm thankful for that.

But I personally agree that having something as important as zeta materials be entirely RNG dependant is bad for players and a horrible business decision. It creates a power gap that is insurmountable by anything other than luck, and no one likes to think their progress is out of their own control. People are much less likely to spend when they feel their progress is being stalled due to factors out of their control.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Doggirl211 wrote: »

My droprate has been pretty good, I don't keep track but I typically get at least 1 per week from challenges, and according to some of my guildmates experiences, and the forums I'm thankful for that.

But I personally agree that having something as important as zeta materials be entirely RNG dependant is bad for players and a horrible business decision. It creates a power gap that is insurmountable by anything other than luck, and no one likes to think their progress is out of their own control. People are much less likely to spend when they feel their progress is being stalled due to factors out of their control.

can you explain to me how zeta materials are entirely RNG dependant?
    furthermore, it will even out eventually. It's not like if you have bad luck once, you'll always have bad luck.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

furthermore, it will even out eventually. It's not like if you have bad luck once, you'll always have bad luck.

Random walks are without memory and over the long-term we are all dead...
  • Options

I guess I should've made it clear I was talking about the zeta challenges, not buying them from the store but I thought that was understood. I don't really know how to explain rng dependency, it's pretty self explanatory. And I'm sure you don't really need something that simple explained to you :wink:

I'm not trying to get in a fight with anyone on the interwebs, but c'mon, you know some people are having trouble getting zetas from the challenge and some people, like me, arent. All I'm saying is, I agree with the OP that there shouldn't be such a huge disparity.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I guess I should've made it clear I was talking about the zeta challenges, not buying them from the store but I thought that was understood. I don't really know how to explain rng dependency, it's pretty self explanatory. And I'm sure you don't really need something that simple explained to you :wink:

I'm not trying to get in a fight with anyone on the interwebs, but c'mon, you know some people are having trouble getting zetas from the challenge and some people, like me, arent. All I'm saying is, I agree with the OP that there shouldn't be such a huge disparity.
    i'm willing to wager that in the long run the disparity caused by RNG isn't that huge, choices made by individual players will have a greater impact on the amount of zeta's acquired.
    yea it sucks if you're the one who is unlucky when we just started farming zeta's, but in the long run it doesn't really matter. In the short run it also doesn't really matter since we can straight up buy them, no RNG involved, so you won't be that far behind if you're unlucky.

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ther

I will support your request. I also have terrible luck these drop rates. People are telling me there are sweetspots, well I tried them all the past weeks. Today and yday I got none from the challenge. Frustrating since they made zeta abilities so powerful. Just make it less RNG dependant. When rewards drop it should give a moment of joy, not frustration!
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

i'm willing to wager that in the long run the disparity caused by RNG isn't that huge, choices made by individual players will have a greater impact on the amount of zeta's acquired.
    yea it sucks if you're the one who is unlucky when we just started farming zeta's, but in the long run it doesn't really matter. In the short run it also doesn't really matter since we can straight up buy them, no RNG involved, so you won't be that far behind if you're unlucky.

Buying them isn't a solution. I have been buying them, and still pretty far behind, while also hurting me in other areas since I can't buy characters or blue prints or gear with the fleet tokens if I have to buy zetas to stay behind.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Buying them isn't a solution. I have been buying them, and still pretty far behind, while also hurting me in other areas since I can't buy characters or blue prints or gear with the fleet tokens if I have to buy zetas to stay behind.

without the option to buy them you would be further behind, so it IS a solution, zeta's are less RNG dependant because of this.
  • Options
    I'm bying them AND doing the challenge.

After 16 days I have 8 zetas. 100% of them from the store,0% from the challenge.

See what's wrong there?It's quite simple actually.

A small gap would be 10,11(meaning 2 or 3 out of 16).

But none?Come on ppl why do you even argue