Will Jedi/GM Luke Skywalker combat the Sith?

Prev1
So will he? Have a feeling he might, and with Luke a Jedi rework might happen, what's your opinions?

Replies

• sorry i missed the notes that said we were getting a jedi luke.
  • Haha, obviously we will eventually...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Has Jedi Luke ever beaten a sith?
  • Haha, obviously we will eventually...

shrugs shoulders......

he's not really on my list of wanted toons so i thought maybe i missed some note that said we were getting one soon.
    Olga wrote: »
    Has Jedi Luke ever beaten a sith?

to my knowledge no. last i followed luke was ROTJ. i don't really know what he did after that. but up until that time he had never beaten a sith.

• scoke
    32 posts Member
    My assumption is we'll need an Empire team.
  • scoke wrote: »

I doubt it. If it was rebel Luke then yes, but I am pretty sure if we are to see GM Luke it would be in his old version(I do know that there is a battle with Luke with lightsaber in swgoh). In which case it would most likely be against the sith(I really hope it is).

I doubt it. If it was rebel Luke then yes, but I am pretty sure if we are to see GM Luke it would be in his old version(I do know that there is a battle with Luke with lightsaber in swgoh). In which case it would most likely be against the sith(I really hope it is).

You think we'll see old Luke? That would be insane man, also you think he's on par with Yoda and EP to warrant an event over a raid?
  • Why would be be anti-sith? The only sith he ever battled were Vader and Palpatine...Vader cut his hand off and Palpatine would have killed him if Vader hadn't found a soul and threw Palp's **** into the reactor on the Death Star.

Then, his own nephew turned on him and killed all of his students. Although Kylo isn't a Sith, he is still a darkside force user.

I don't understand why everyone wants a Jedi form of Luke. He is by far one of the WORST jedi in the Star Wars universe. He did nothing spectacular, used his mind tricks on lowly scoundrels, and the only reason he "beat" Palp is because he appealed to Vader's good side.

What am I missing here?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    So will he? Have a feeling he might, and with Luke a Jedi rework might happen, what's your opinions?

Nope, in SWGOH you fight sith with more and more Rebels, like Aladdin.

HndgTH.gif

• Jedi Luke is the hero of the rebellion and used the force to turn Vader against his master.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Jedi Luke is the hero of the rebellion and used the force to turn Vader against his master.
    Maybe this should be his actual ability. Ability to turn Sith squads against eachother.
  • Why would be be anti-sith? The only sith he ever battled were Vader and Palpatine...Vader cut his hand off and Palpatine would have killed him if Vader hadn't found a soul and threw Palp's **** into the reactor on the Death Star.

Then, his own nephew turned on him and killed all of his students. Although Kylo isn't a Sith, he is still a darkside force user.

I don't understand why everyone wants a Jedi form of Luke. He is by far one of the WORST jedi in the Star Wars universe. He did nothing spectacular, used his mind tricks on lowly scoundrels, and the only reason he "beat" Palp is because he appealed to Vader's good side.

What am I missing here?

At the end of the day no matter which way you look at it, Luke defeated the empire.. the old Jedi Order didn't even have a clue about Palpatine lol
  • used the force to turn Vader against his master.

Come again?

I must need to watch ROTJ again, because I could swear all he did was appeal to Anakin, and then basically sacrifice himself to Palp to get Vader to turn.

He didn't do anything with the force to turn Vader. Vader was A LOT stronger with the force than Luke, and all Luke did was lose his temper and cut Vader's hand off. He was good with a lightsaber, that was it. Hell, Vader was reading his feelings the whole time.

• Luke needing an empire team makes sense, and while lot of people have Palp and Vader, you would be surprised at how many dont have 5 Empire Toons at 7*.
  • used the force to turn Vader against his master.

Come again?

I must need to watch ROTJ again, because I could swear all he did was appeal to Anakin, and then basically sacrifice himself to Palp to get Vader to turn.

He didn't do anything with the force to turn Vader. Vader was A LOT stronger with the force than Luke, and all Luke did was lose his temper and cut Vader's hand off. He was good with a lightsaber, that was it. Hell, Vader was reading his feelings the whole time.

Thing is it's a known fact he had same force potentional as Anakin, and in the new trilogy his force abilty etc will be better than Vaders...

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    used the force to turn Vader against his master.

Come again?

i would go with this because this is what happened. he didn't use the force to turn vader back to the light. he just appealed to anakin. vader came back to the light on his own.

i really don't understand why people have such high regards for luke myself.

What am I missing here?

At the end of the day no matter which way you look at it, Luke defeated the empire.. the old Jedi Order didn't even have a clue about Palpatine lol

True...but all he did was play psychatrist and appeal to Vader's good side. If Vader had turned a blind eye to it, Luke would have died.

The irony of it all is, Vader killed Palp in the same manner than he saved him...he was torturing Luke and on the verge of killing him just like Mace was when Anakin killed him to save Palp. If Luke is just some random **** Jedi, he dies.
  • spotremix wrote: »

Come again?

i would go with this because this is what happened. he didn't use the force to turn vader back to the light. he just appealed to anakin. vader came back to the light on his own.

I think mainly it's because after the events of ROTJ he supposedly became the most powerful Jedi ever, I think in Ep 8 we'll see some of his new powers...

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    This is only in the books that he becomes that powerful. He becomes stronger than even Yoda before they were turned into the Legends line after Disney bought them.

spotremix wrote: »

Come again?

I think mainly it's because after the events of ROTJ he supposedly became the most powerful Jedi ever, I think in Ep 8 we'll see some of his new powers...

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Why would be be anti-sith? The only sith he ever battled were Vader and Palpatine...Vader cut his hand off and Palpatine would have killed him if Vader hadn't found a soul and threw Palp's **** into the reactor on the Death Star.

What am I missing here?

oh i think like did defeat the empire but he didn't defeat the sith.

• I think Luke is going to need a bounty hunter team to unlock him. They want you to spend money. Everyone has 5 sith or 5 empire. Bounty hunters not so much. Get ready now.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    I think Luke is going to need a bounty hunter team to unlock him. They want you to spend money. Everyone has 5 sith or 5 empire. Bounty hunters not so much. Get ready now.

You're wrong. They want 5 ewoks.
  • Woah woah, Luke defeated the Empire? So right after the second Death Star blew up, Palp and Vader died, the Empire just up and poof, died right? I don't think so. Saying Luke defeated the Empire is akin to saying when Luke cut off Vader's hand, he killed him. Luke was a huge part of the beginnings of the downfall of the Empire, and had a hand (ha) in the major turning points. However he didn't single handedly (ha again!) take down the Empire. Plus didn't the First Order rise from the remains of the Empire, coming from what would have then been the rebels of the dying Empire?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Plus didn't the First Order rise from the remains of the Empire, coming from what would have then been the rebels of the dying Empire?
    Not sure about FO origins but after Endor, Empire was nerfed hard and they started sneaking off to other part of space to join FO.

• spotremix wrote: »

It's his specific moral compass, that incorruptible nature coupled with retaining the desire to always try to help (end of Jedi notwithstanding). Not only does he resists multiple attempts at turning him and the calls of greater power, but he also (mostly) resists all the Jedi dogma and nonsense that Ben and Yoda try to push on him too (odd they didn't learn from the downfall of the order).

That said, aside from that he's not that great a "hero" - at least what we see in the movies. I mean he does beat Vader (his one victory over a Sith) but he hangs his friends out to dry so he can handle family/Jedi business. He really had no impact on turning the tide against the Empire, his whole arc in RotJ is personal. The real heroes are Han/Leia/Chewie and Lando/Wedge/Snackbar.

My assumption is you'll need a big fat wallet full of hundred dollar bills...
  • Wait, what the heck did I just read on this thread.
    Luke is not relevant?
    You guys must be out of your **** minds - or, at the very least, you guys need to watch the OT again.
    Let's see:
    1) By the time of A New Hope, as a farmer boy who had never moved off the planet, Luke triggers part of Leia's message that R2D2 recorded, and afterwards helps finding Obi Wan; he helps on Leia's rescue; lastly, he uses the Force to single handly destroy the first Death Star.
    All of this through a period of still trying to learn the ways of the Force, while he was clearly too old to start;
    2) On The Empire Strikes Back, Luke spends 3 years learning alone the ways of the Force and becoming a hero of the rebellion. Theres no denying that. Then, he starts training with Master freaking Yoda, starts having Force Premonitions and goes 1v1 against Vader. He lost, but he throws himself off the bridge so he wouldnt join his father.
    3) On Return of the Jedi, he's already a bad **** Jedi and rescues everybody, goes toe to toe with Vader, beats him, doesnt fall to the Dark Side and can withstand Force Lightning by the Emperor himself.

Sure, there is a lot to cover as far as Luke cannon is concerned, but to say he is irrelevant or overrated is, at the very least, not knowing the Star Wars universe/lore.

Luke Skywalker is one of the greatest of all time.
  • Luke Skywalker is one of the greatest of all time.

I disagree quite a bit. While yes Luke is a large influence in the rebellion against the Empire, he isn't the only force behind it. He is a very powerful individual, but as it was stated above by fascizio, he is by no means the most powerful force user ever. The only way he's able to over power Vader in RotJ, is by succumbing to his rage. His morals on the other hand, are what really define him, and make him an incredible person. So ya, I disagree that Luke is the greatest of anything of all time, however he is an incredible individual.
    Luke is not relevant?
    You guys must be out of your **** minds - or, at the very least, you guys need to watch the OT again.
    Let's see:
    1) By the time of A New Hope, as a farmer boy who had never moved off the planet, Luke triggers part of Leia's message that R2D2 recorded, and afterwards helps finding Obi Wan; he helps on Leia's rescue; lastly, he uses the Force to single handly destroy the first Death Star.
    All of this through a period of still trying to learn the ways of the Force, while he was clearly too old to start;
    2) On The Empire Strikes Back, Luke spends 3 years learning alone the ways of the Force and becoming a hero of the rebellion. Theres no denying that. Then, he starts training with Master freaking Yoda, starts having Force Premonitions and goes 1v1 against Vader. He lost, but he throws himself off the bridge so he wouldnt join his father.
    3) On Return of the Jedi, he's already a bad **** Jedi and rescues everybody, goes toe to toe with Vader, beats him, doesnt fall to the Dark Side and can withstand Force Lightning by the Emperor himself.

Sure, there is a lot to cover as far as Luke cannon is concerned, but to say he is irrelevant or overrated is, at the very least, not knowing the Star Wars universe/lore.

Couldn't agree with everything you just said anymore.. people only mentiong ROTJ but forgetting new trilogy of movies yet to be released showcasing Luke's power, like how Kylo stopped that blaster shot not seen in SW movie before most likely was learnt from Luke.. or when he defeated all the knights of ren on his own loooool, we'll see
    Luke is not relevant?
    Let's see:

Jumping further off @Vertigo322 's comments, it's not even that he doesn't do great things. I mean, how many people beat Vader/Anakin (post apprentice)? There's Obi Wan, Dooku a couple times (he ended up killing both of them) ... and then Luke. He blew up the first Death Star (though that was before he really became a Jedi, and this thread is about Master Luke). And he saved Han and Leia from Jabba, though that arc was really convoluted and confusing. I mean why embed Lando in there with Leia and then not use him at all until Luke arrives later? But I digress...

The point is it's that constant push to do what he thinks is right that makes him a good character. He must go save his friends in Empire, even if it's not what Yoda thinks he should do. He must try to redeem his father in RotJ even if it's not what Han or Leia would do, or what they want from him. I wager it's also why he's removed himself in the new trilogy as well, even if Leia would rather have him at her side. He likely thinks him not being involved is best... for now.

That said it's that same push that makes him a non-factor in the deciding battle for the fate of the galaxy. Nothing that happened in the Emperor's chamber mattered as far as the rebellion goes. The battle on the moon (Han/Leia/Chewie = heroes) and the battle to blow up the Death Star (Lando/Wedge/Ackbar = Cool as the other side of the pillow) would have happened the same way even if Luke had failed.

His arc is great, it's just ultimately personal and not broadly impactul.