Did they nerf GW?

To be the opposite of every other GW thread here...
I'm F2P, player level 67, fairly casual. Only one 7* so far (HK-47), others on the way. (Rest of my GW squad is 6* Phasma, 6* IG-86, 5* Lumi, 4* Barriss.)
Historically I've had a rotten time at GW, winning my 2nd after unlocking it and then nothing for weeks, a lot of days barely getting halfway. After the change I won a couple and was generally getting farther into the war regularly, but the past three days I've just waltzed through like it was nothing. Previously I haven't won two days in a row ever, much less three.

Each day I've retreated exactly one time, and only yesterday did I lose any toons at all, and only then on the last battle because I had nothing left to lose.

Previously in GW I was facing lvl 70 squads regularly, and these three days I don't think I had anyone higher than 68,and even in those squads one toon at least was usually lvl 60 or lower.

I don't spend a ton of time in the arena, and my rank there has never been better than 500, but nothing has changed there recently either, so that shouldn't be a huge factor.

Am I just on a lucky streak?

Replies

• Options
    The variance in GW difficulty is huge and some days I'll have a cake walk through with maybe 1-2 decently hard teams. Other days (today) I get gobsmacked from battle 6 on. Sounds like a lucky streak man.
  • Options
    The final battle always easy because ppl might use weaker team because their A team still intact.

I also feel no matter how strong the opponent it always easier than arena. Same composition, I always finished in 2 round and sometimes without heal. In arena, I would lose few toon.

What I dun understand is why these days ppl you poe in gw. Using poe mean you need to heal in every match.
  • Options
    It seems to go in cycles, of late it's seemed a LOT easier for me as well. I probably just jinxed it by saying that. :/
  • Options
    @Rolotomasi859

If I use Poe for GW in my B squad, I pair him with Nightsisters (Asajj (L), Initiate, Daka & Talia. Poe is just cannonfodder in GW for me.
    If he dies and my nightsister squad survives, I'm adding in Dooku instead of Poe.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes much sense to make stealth changes to a game. The matching reasonably needs to take place on the server side so it's a possibility. But I really don't see the point. They've stated that GW is supposed to be a real challenge.
  • Options
    If it's based on your highest arena rank and top team power then it makes sense that the difficulty could change quite a bit from day to day depending on who stars or gears up their toons or does better at arena.
  • Options
    I kept track on when I restart And when I play for the past month.

When I restart in the morning my way is significantly harder than when I refresh right after midnight.
    Playing in the late afternoon has also been better than playing in the morning. If I play 2 GWs in one Day, the 2nd one is always much harder.

Still small sample And only 30 days but I will stick to Midnight restart And afternoon play.
  • Options
    It's been pretty easy for me for the last 3 days.
  • Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    I kept track on when I restart And when I play for the past month.

When I restart in the morning my way is significantly harder than when I refresh right after midnight.
    Playing in the late afternoon has also been better than playing in the morning. If I play 2 GWs in one Day, the 2nd one is always much harder.

Still small sample And only 30 days but I will stick to Midnight restart And afternoon play.

That's interesting too, as I almost always restart and play through first thing in the morning, between 530 and 630.
  • Options
    yesterday's GW was the easiest I've faced in a while, like, WAY TOO easy.
    Did not fave one team with better gear/levels then mine
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For me, GW is working as intended. I always seem to have to actually think about my strategy around node 8-9. 10-12 I usually face teams equal level if not a little higher or lower. Today, 9 was my hardest and I had to send in the C squad to die and soak up specials/heals. Then I sent in my a squad and had one die. After several attempts, I decided I was fine with that and got lucky that 10 was a generic chewy led squad with no real threats other than Lumi and Sid at 7* and purple. So I threw 3 healers in that one healed up a few and then coasted to 12, which was actually a challenge in that I lost one but still beat it. I feel like stars and levels aren't very concerning to me unless they have people like Kylo, Dooku or someone else that can block heals and specials. Especially with Sid.

ETA: The best thing about GW today is that I got 3 MKIII Ability mats!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Well, after an unprecedented 9-day run of clearing GW, today I started the war after leveling up to 70 (though none of my toons are lvl 70, nothing about them changed from the day before). As expected, today's war was impossible, back to the days when I struggle desperately to get beyond battle 6.

I wish it would realize that my player level means nothing. Just because I'm level 70 doesn't mean my toons are any better than they were yesterday.
  • Options
    Agree