The Forum that Cried Nerf

I feel like every time someone loses a match in arena or doesn't do what they wanted to do in a raid or GW or whatever they call for a nerf. I for one think its ridiculous. This game would be boring if I could easily beat everyone and everything in the game. The most fun I have is in GW or when I lose to someone in arena and then go back and try to beat them the next time.

This game is all about learning from your mistakes, don't attack so and so first. Use Boba's ability block wisely, etc. Instead of crying nerf look at your team and see what you can do to beat that team. If you keep trying and can't it's not that they are OP. You just aren't as good as them and need to get better mods, gear, stars, toons, etc.

Replies

• Options
    Complaining about complaining?
  • Options
    They need to give CUP a ship for spaceship battles.

And then it will need nurfed after it kills me.
  • Options
    How dare you come in here with a logical post!! Mods please nerf the above post as it is too OP and makes too much sense!
  • Options
    How dare you come in here with a logical post!! Mods please nerf the above post as it is too OP and makes too much sense!

I just lol'd
  • Options
    The reason people complain so much on this forum is because the game is just so unbalanced, which comes with the p2w formula. I've been in countless gaming comminutes, never seen so many nerf threads.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The reason people complain so much on this forum is because the game is just so unbalanced, which comes with the p2w formula. I've been in countless gaming comminutes, never seen so many nerf threads.
    World of Warcraft forums were reeking with nerf threads every day for years, and long before P2W elements started to creep into that game. It was always buff this nerf that either because somebody got killed in PVP or somebody was jealous that a guildmate was putting out better raid numbers.
  • Options
    World of Warcraft forums were reeking with nerf threads every day for years, and long before P2W elements started to creep into that game.

Not at this level. It just comes with the territory of a p2w format.
  • Options
    World of Warcraft forums were reeking with nerf threads every day for years, and long before P2W elements started to creep into that game.
    As a former Glad and recent player, there are zero P2W elements in that game that can change the outcome vs skill and time sink grind. The nerf threads will always exist. Some of it is warranted. Some of it is not. Asking or wanting it to go away entirely is conformist mentality. No game can ever be perfect and it will always require tweaks and changes, especially rpg-based games with power creep.
  • Options
    I used to be a game and forum moderator for a game called outwar, which was one of the first freemium video games, if not THE first. I started playing it around ~2002.

You want to talk about some Nerf threads... That was half the forum, and 1/3 of the tickets..

Actually pretty much everyone competitive freemium gaming community I have been in has people constantly crying for Nerfs.

Now I've never been in a gaming community where there was no direct competition in the game that ever cried for nerfs.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As a former Glad and recent player, there are zero P2W elements in that game that can change the outcome vs skill and time sink grind.
    It's hard to argue that high ranked WoW arena was a P2W game, and that wasn't what I had in mind.

I could go on a much longer rant but I'll try to keep it succint. During my time in WoW, I encountered a fair number of things that I would say easily qualified as P2W options although they weren't necessarily things that a gladiator would say were important or relevant (maybe because they didn't affect arena directly, or they were specific to people occupying some unconventional niches), and not necessarily things that the developer advertised.

A few examples:

Multi-boxers ganking with relative impunity.

"Expansion capped" accounts circumventing the deliberate segregation of twinx (wouldn't let me post the commonly accepted spelling there) from levelers in battlegrounds.

Paid server transfers & faction transfers as a remedy to poor "quality of life" that for the first several years was usually a major hindrance to people playing the minority faction on their servers. Buy a transfer, get access to a better auction house, raiding opportunities, finally win at broken overworld PVP games like Wintergrasp, etc. Originally touted as potentially (if properly restricted) a way to eliminate population imbalances, it was largely unrestricted and it simply exacerbated the already dire imbalances.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    People wouldnt complain nearly as hard about nerfs if they could actually gear their characters in time to have a useful team against said OP char.
  • DruBacca
    119 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OP is a Nerf Herder @phatphil3 not an attack, just joking. I agree 100% I just couldn't help myself lol!
  • Options
    Nerf the Nerfers!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Here's the thought process....

I lost. Therefore, the game must be at fault (because I CERTAINLY am not). I believe I must take to the forums and vindication will be mine!! I will post first and search/read afterwards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda welcomes you to the interwebs

rs_500x253-151127081423-500-gizmo-gremlins-112715.gif
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Boohoo. If you don't like it stop going on it.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Yoda welcomes you to the interwebs

rs_500x253-151127081423-500-gizmo-gremlins-112715.gif

He started balding in his mid-600s, ahh Young Yoda. Doesn't look a day over 400 there!
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Please nerf Mob Enforcer
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm only jealous of people who have better squad comps / quality than myself. Like, why would I be mad at someone who I totally just pwned? You rock OP, stay true to yourself, you will not be lead astray.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    The lack of balance in this game is undeniably insane. If it wasn't a star wars game it wouldn't be close to a successful game. There are tons of games with the same format as this that while unbalanced (it's kind of needed to promote spending) never take it close to being this crazy. "This is the most diverse this game has ever been" people say, that's because so much needed to win characters are being pushed out in such a small amount of time that except for people who are the biggest of whales it's impossible to gear up the next weekly wave of OP toons. If it's not the gear then it's the stars, 500 dollars to star up one toon that gets a hard counter in 2-3 weeks is insane.
    I'm not saying "nerf this character because I lost" I'm saying "stop making OP toons just to have your very next toon be a counter to that one." It's supposed to be a power creep not a power leap