Poe Dameron or ST Han in a Phasma led team

Hello,

Although is possible that Poe Dameron receives a nerf in the near future, is it still better to place him in a team led by Captain Phasma in favor of Stormtrooper Han?

My intentions are to build a team around Captain Phasma's turn meter control, hence the Stormtrooper Han being in my mind. My other team mates are:

6* Captain Phasma
6* Darth Sidious
6* Jedi Consular (will be replaced by Luminara once Phasma is 7*)
4* Chewbacca (to be replaced with Poe/Han)
4* Ima-Gun-Di (will try to replace with Kylo Ren)

Suffice to say that farming Han is easier than farming Poe since I make over 600 arena points a day (currently ranking around 200 but still climbing).

Appreciate all the input!

Replies

• If you want to have a very good team patience is important. Better to invest in a toon that can be helpful for a long time. My team:

7* Phasma (L)
    7* Sidious
    7* Kylo Ren
    5* Poe
    7* IG-88

Sometimes I switch IG-88 for a 6* Doku. Once IG-88 is at maxed gear (rest of my team already is) I will invest in FOTP since the synergy with Phasma is better. The difference between IG-88 and FOTP is that IG-88 attack all toons with 'rapid fire' after Poe taunts. If you combine that with Sidious Demoralizing Blows the damage is huge. And Phasma's ability Fusillade... It depends to the damage being done if I use Fusillade or Victory March.

And it don't matter if the enemies Poe get his taunt first ;-)

If I face a tank like Han of Poe I just attack all toons. Sometimes I use Kylo Outrage to blow a toon away.

You have to invest in toons which have synergy AND can be brought to 7 stars.

I am playing in the top 10 of my server now. At this level a healer won't help you very much. A fight won't last very long. Mostly 2 or 3 rounds. Sometimes I see a team with Daka and Doku (I have tested this out today) and you can stun 3 toons in one round. Daka mixed with Phasma works very well. I use both in GW and it is stunning...

Luminara is very good in GW...

Barris (L)
    Daka
    Sidious
    Kylo
    Luminara

Sidious death stroke will block healing ability. Rest of this team for stunning / healing and damage. GW can be very easy this way. I am not a huge fan to put Doku / Jedi Consular in this team. For the last round I put my Arena team into the fight. I don't loose one single toon in GW anymore.

If you want to build a droid team (not for GW):

HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

I face this team often and it's a hard fight. Mostly I win by using Kylo Lash out because both IG's don't have much health after one round.

My advise is to be patient and invest a little bit in crystals every day. When you play in the top of Arena you have to switch toons sometimes to win a specific fight.

Good luck!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Poe is better if surrounded by one hit ko dudes. With your current setup of two healers, Han has better sinergy I think.
    Difficult to answer without knowing which nerf, if any, Poe will get
  • Poe, because of expose, turn meter down is better because of you have Phasma

• Poe is definitely the better choice in the current meta where the outcome is often decided in Round 1, but Han is not a bad fall back option either.

On offense, Han is good (and is better than Poe) IF he can survive Round 1 - which is quite possible since the A.I does not seem to normally target him first. Once he gets his turn and taunts, your team gets an immediate +30% meter and provides additional turn meter manipulation whenever he takes damage or makes his turn, giving you a lot more turns than Poe. You definitely need to surround him with two healers as he is quite squishy for a tank.

On defence, Poe is definitely better as he has the chance to go first and dictate the game flow whereas Han will likely be neutralised before he makes a turn.