Completely useless in arena due to unfair matchmaking

Blixion
57 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hello- I am a nearly level 40 player with around 8,500 power. I am at 2900 in arena. At this point, I havent found an opponent with less than 10000 power. I simply cannot compete. Normal? My friend is in a "different" arena at 5,800 power and can consistently break top 1000. What the heck? I simply cannot win any arena fight, period. Why is he finding similarly leveled opponents when all mine are level 50+? He is also level 40- I have better characters and higher gears/stars, yet his arena is a breeze and he will blow past me in the arena store characters in no time.
Post edited by Blixion on

Replies

• Blixion
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    You started your account earlier than your Friend but quit or paused for a period of time. Everyone else in YOUR Leaderboard has moved on and progressed beyond you.
  • Options
    I started my account right near when the game was launched and quit until like two weeks ago. So I'm just totally boned from here on out? Rip
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Just make a new account...
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Just make a new account...
    I have spent some money on the game to try to kickstart myself, as friends started getting into it. Unlocked Baze and Wedge, would be horrible to have to restart.
  • Options
    In case you were wondering: Shard leaders are Ichor and Tranq
  • Options
    On one hand hand you are almost way farther ahead to restart, or keep your current account, and it will be a lot of work to catch up with your shard/leaderboard, I imagine the top of your arena is all level 85 players then?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Cut your losses now. It'll take you a lot more money to play catchup
  • Blixion
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On one hand hand you are almost way farther ahead to restart, or keep your current account, and it will be a lot of work to catch up with your shard/leaderboard, I imagine the top of your arena is all level 85 players then?
    Just looked- there is only one sub 85 player in my top 50. Level 82 ranked 26

Edit- JK his lead is level 82, all 50 are 85 player level.
  • Options
    Honestly, it depends on what exactly you want to accomplish in arena, overlooking arena, there's nothing else that changes in the game for you, however, to rank up high in arena, will take a lot of hard work, even on a new account, so it's kinda a toss up,
  • Options
    Plus, if you like the chars you currently have, that may tip the scales a bit, eventually with time and work you will be able to climb up high in arena, not as fast as on a new account of course, but it is doable, lol eventually.
  • Options
    Plus, if you like the chars you currently have, that may tip the scales a bit, eventually with time and work you will be able to climb up high in arena, not as fast as on a new account of course, but it is doable, lol eventually.

Ally code is 265-184-379. Check it out and give a final verdict: I really dont want to lose Hera as well, as her event is now over
  • Options
    I guess you must collect another char and try to mix it up for your arena. I believe you can go further, but patience you must :smile:
  • Options
    My advice would be to continue and have fun with climbing the Arena ladder slowly. It will be a bit harder to farm toons from the Arena store, because you'll get less Arena Tokens.

Once you reach lvl60 you'll be added to a -new- Ship-chart... in which you can try to compete for top50 (if that is your ambition). There you'll receive a lot of ship-tokens to farm toons and ships.

My 2 cents
  • ichor
    16 posts Member
    Options
    patience and determination is the key and perhaps $$$ lol
  • Options
    Blixion wrote: »
    In case you were wondering: Shard leaders are Ichor and Tranq

We're on the same shard. They are big spenders... you can't catch a whale with a fishing rod but can get close. I would recommend Rex & B2. Two very versatile toons that can disrupt any team setup.