Mk-6 shield generator

My shipments just switched and I noticed this shield generator. For 300 crystals, it seems to have a lot of good stats. I'm mostly FTP less the crystal sub so I don't have a ton laying around. This is my first time seeing it.

I am heading to work and don't have time to look at all my characters to see if they need it. It will be rotated out by my lunch break. Is this a very useful gear piece? I know some deals(furnaces) are a must buy from shipments if you have the crystals.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Not sure about MK-6 but I remember Cody needed 100 MK-7s to get up to XI and Sarge needs to gear up to X

They are also non requestable
  • If I recall correctly the main gear piece required for that is two of the Mk4 keypads.

Lots of toons needs those bad boys so if you need it it's not a bad one to pick up plus one keypad in shipments also costs the same price as the shield generator (300 crystals).

Not exactly sure who all needs that piece though.

Aayla, Ackbar, Hoth Rebel Scout. Not sure who else.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    You get tons of Mk 4 computers from challenges. I'd save the crystals.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    not sure if this is the advice you're looking for, but i always find the gear that fits the character i'm working on, i'm not searching for a character that needs the gear i can potentially buy.
    Also, i only look at stats of specific gear pieces that are equiped at max gear tier, or the last tier i'm going to complete of the character in question. Normally you'll need the gearpiece to progress to the next tier regardless of how good or bad said gearpiece is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Thanks guys. At my level(75), I guess a days refreshes is more valuable. None of my squad needs it atm, but if it's components are easily farmable, it's not that big of deal. I've bought a couple mk3 holos before. It's just a lot of good stats for 390 crystals. I'll do more research on it when I get home. I wouldn't have posted if it was my day off as I would have just done the research myself.
  • leef wrote: »
    not sure if this is the advice you're looking for, but i always find the gear that fits the character i'm working on, i'm not searching for a character that needs the gear i can potentially buy.
    Also, i only look at stats of specific gear pieces that are equiped at max gear tier, or the last tier i'm going to complete of the character in question. Normally you'll need the gearpiece to progress to the next tier regardless of how good or bad said gearpiece is.

Me too, I just know that some pieces are very hard to farm and I have never seen that piece before. I would kick myself if that particular piece holds an arena team member back and I didn't buy it. If I had time to look at everyone I would, but the piece will be gone in another four hours and I have to work.
  • It's one of the better values. I usually buy one so I have it in stock, so to speak. It doesn't show up frequently and the 300 crystals is a good value since it requires two full mk 4 keypads (which each cost 300 on their own). That said, if you are F2P, I might use the crystals on a character you are currently developing.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Have you asked the Oracle? Here it is: https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/107/mk-6-merr-sonn-shield-generator/

I'd advise buy it only if you need it right now. It's made of Laptops Mk4, which is easily obtained since it comes in challenges.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/