How do you beat this Zaul team using a (Fat) Rex lead?

vessaharja
585 posts Member
edited March 2017
This is such a cool team and something I'm aiming towards. But painful to beat. How much speed do I actually need for my (Fat) Rex so he goes first / so he gets tenacity up before game over by Vader and/or EP? Or should I just have a 260+ speed Bobby Smits to solve the problem? Sith assa is not the problem as she attacks shore first anyway.

Zaul = 187 speed
EP = 207 speed
Assassin = 262 speed
Nihilus = 228 speed
Vader = 178 speed

ijQMqhv.png

My roster:
Rex = 202 speed
Shore = 122 speed
EP = 187 speed
Bobby = 225 speed
TFP = 233 speed

https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/

Replies

• You won't outspeed SA under zDM leader with Boba or Rex -she's over 300 speed easy in that setup. Unless you have a faster SA under zDM, you're going to eat what the Sith give you in rd 1. Multiple cleansers under a Rex leader whip Sith pretty good. Not sure what you have, but Chirrut / GK paired with Rex is a good way to stop Sith in their tracks. Kylo and Boba are also good options under Rex leader + multiple cleansers. Chaze combo is probably ideal.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Chaze GK is something I don't have. Sith assa really isn't the problem (unless I'm terribly mistaken) as she goes after shore in round 1. The problem is with EP stunning -> vader putting speed down -> nilly increasing ability CD.

I think the only way to beat this team is for RNG to not stun fat rex so he gets tena up before vader puts speed down.
  • He's not fat Rex.

Fat Rex is old and has a beard.

SA is pulling an effective 327 speed 1st turn.
    Nihilus 285
    EP 258

Multiply their speed by 1.25 so you can figure out what the TM gain gives them.
  • I beat teams with the same roster all the time with Rex (L) Wedge, Biggs, Sun Fac & EP
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Double or triple cleaning is needed. Too much to gamble on 1. Then you don't have to out speed as much.

Shore is fine but the first round is AOEs, so not much help.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Hmm yeah too bad no chaze.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Chaze GK is something I don't have. Sith assa really isn't the problem (unless I'm terribly mistaken) as she goes after shore in round 1. The problem is with EP stunning -> vader putting speed down -> nilly increasing ability CD.

I think the only way to beat this team is for RNG to not stun fat rex so he gets tena up before vader puts speed down.

You're mistaken, because Sith Assassin's opening turn is to give a TM boost to the other sith. Pretty much the best hope you have is that the first person to go after SA is Vader, because then your team (other than Shore) is at full TM and it's basically an RNG fest for who goes when.
  • ^ good point I didn't think of the TM gain by SA.
  • I beat teams with the same roster all the time with Rex (L) Wedge, Biggs, Sun Fac & EP

Doubt they are very good modded then. Wiggs doesnt stand a change against maul teams because of daze. Because they have such low prot/health they often die before you can use them.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^ the thing is I'd take down this in under a minute with my EP, TPF, B2, Shore, Bobby yet this team only holds top 5 on my shard on those days I get lucky that others in top 5 don't play during my payout.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I beat teams with the same roster all the time with Rex (L) Wedge, Biggs, Sun Fac & EP

Doubt they are very good modded then. Wiggs doesnt stand a change against maul teams because of daze. Because they have such low prot/health they often die before you can use them.

Good I wasn't the only one thinking that...

I was having good luck with some Zaul setups with Chaze, Wiggs, Zarriss but once DN and Zylo was added that was over quick.

Now I just hope my tenacity Rex (and palp) with good RNG will get me a win against lesser Zaul teams.

• Would Rex lead, GK boba TFP and palp/nihilus do well against this team?
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^ well I've yet to see a team where GK would suck. And isn't rex+GK+chaze+barriss the current uber meta.

As F2P I'm aiming for zaul, vader, sa, nilly, shore/ep and just hoping that a 3* sa and nillly at G11 will be sufficient.

Current #1 on my shard is zaul, chaze, nilly, sa and that's a team I'm not even **** towards.
  • Tarkin lead, raid han, tfp at 258 speed, rex, boba

stun sa with raid han, ability block ep with tfp, pray for good rng
  • pray for good rng

hawkings-lol.gif

• Tarkin lead, raid han, tfp at 258 speed, rex, boba

Actually, that's a great point -- against a team with 5 sith, you can use raid han to stun SA and mess up their whole team.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Tarkin lead, raid han, tfp at 258 speed, rex, boba

Actually, that's a great point -- against a team with 5 sith, you can use raid han to stun SA and mess up their whole team.

If a whole team is sith, then mostly likely it won't be very strong to begin with. Pretty much all the good sith teams limit sith to 3 or 4.

• Twin wrote: »

If a whole team is sith, then mostly likely it won't be very strong to begin with. Pretty much all the good sith teams limit sith to 3 or 4.

Not with the new toons. ST, EP, Vader, Zaul, and SA is a meta.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Who the heck is Bobby smits?
  • Twin wrote: »

There's a really good one on mine that uses Sith Trooper as the tank, so it goes full sith
  • Rex+GK (Double Cleanse) + Nihilus+zBoba + 5th (zKylo, zSavage, Baze, B2, Shore)

I can EASILY win the fastest Maul/SA/Chaze/Nihilus in my shard with B2 or zSid as 5th.

But I have similar mods, so he is not outspeeding me except by the 1.25 TM gain of zMaul leadership
    Do or do not...
  • Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Who the heck is Bobby smits?

Boba Fett
    Do or do not...
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    This is such a cool team and something I'm aiming towards. But painful to beat. How much speed do I actually need for my (Fat) Rex so he goes first / so he gets tenacity up before game over by Vader and/or EP? Or should I just have a 260+ speed Bobby Smits to solve the problem? Sith assa is not the problem as she attacks shore first anyway.

Zaul = 187 speed
    EP = 207 speed
    Assassin = 262 speed
    Nihilus = 228 speed
    Vader = 178 speed

ijQMqhv.png

My roster:
    Rex = 202 speed
    Shore = 122 speed
    EP = 187 speed
    Bobby = 225 speed
    TFP = 233 speed

https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/

That's my exact team besides I use Kylo (zeta) instead of Vader. It definitely works awesome on offense.