heroes starring

hi im new to the game I was wondering how do you star up(promote) your heroes and is it best to not lvl your good heroes till you you promote them to a high star lvl?

thanks all

Replies

• and also is it possible to switch my hereos account from IOS account to Droid(google) device later on?
  • KidKafka
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    You promote heroes by collecting hero shards, if you tap at the hero's page on "Find" you will see where to get them.
    Upgrading and training your heroes is essential since you only unlock gear slots by training and you do get extra benefits like health, defense, attack etc from gear.
    So start soon to train and gear your good heroes up. Training droids are hard to get at the beginning, but it will get better later when you are forced to focus on the few important heroes.

About crossplatforming accounts, this is not possible.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/47/how-to-connect-apple-with-google-play-account-so-i-can-play-the-same-account-on-both-devices#latest
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I think the answer he wants is...
      1. You can promote/level your hero anytime, you don't have to wait till they are max level OR geared up, before promoting them, the 'after promotion animation' can be confusing in misleading you to think promoting them earlier/later gives you more stats. 2. Currently you can't switch between iOS and android. BUT you can switch between devices of the same type (ie: iPhone 6 to iPad, Samsung Note to Windows Tablet)
  • what I was wondering cos if you starred/promote them before levelling wouldn't you be gaining more bonuses stats for the extra stars before you lvl cap the hero?
  • And thank you for your replies all, much appreciated
  • Check these guides by Kylven from swgohcantina.com

http://www.swgohcantina.com/category/swgoh/
  • Sixin wrote: »
    what I was wondering cos if you starred/promote them before levelling wouldn't you be gaining more bonuses stats for the extra stars before you lvl cap the hero?

Nop, it doesn't matter, promoting improves the 'growth rate' not just adding on extra stats. Additionally, if the hero is maxed level, and you promote after, it adds bonus stats base on what the hero has now. So I don't think the method of: Promote them first, level them later. Makes any difference
  • thanks for all your replies
  • Correct, promoting a lvl 1 character then leveling to max level yields the same final stats as max leveling a character and then promoting.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • I fear there's some SWFC players here where you need to max level before increasing star count. Not the case in this game.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.